jonathan.rupp92@gmx.de

DayZ intro logo animation

I'd love to see the DayZ animation used by FrankieonPCin1080p when launching DayZ! (I don't know how it is correctly called when you get a quick and often animated video of the publisher or developers' brand logos and there's one for BohemiaInteractive too when launching DayZ via Steam).

In case you don't know what I'm talking about: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6btkk4k82Fg&hd=1
or highlighted with an atmospheric soundtrack at the beginning of most of Frankie's Lets Plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYmjwpvRNc&hd=1

Well, maybe kind of another suggestion, as it won't concern game's mechanics or design but still an enrichment for the marketing! :)

Edited by Cosmopolar
  • Like 1

First off, before everyone tries to kill you for not knowing, frankie is not too popular around here. :)

But I agree, it'd be nice to have that intro anim.

First off, before everyone tries to kill you for not knowing, frankie is not too popular around here. :)

Well, I probably wouldn't have bought the game if I didn't see his videos, so am I a traitor or something?

Who the hell are you dayzforums spokesman? :D

Edited by OntyCZE
  • Like 1

So, how's that coming? He mostly plays fair and helps out other players and I like his accent. (I read about people assuming he'd be hacking... so is that the reason?)

(But let's point out that the animations he uses is afaik not his own work.)

I really really like how it tells the story of DayZ within just a few moments: surviving, teaming up, dying! That's life, that's DayZ!

Frankies intros are always fine and the music hightlights the logo very well. ;)

Edited by Cosmopolar
  • Like 2

Well, I probably wouldn't have bought the game if I didn't see his videos, so am I a traitor or something?

larry plz... ;)

Who the hell are you dayzforums spokesman? :D

see below paragaph :)

So, how's that coming? He mostly plays fair and helps out other players and I like his accent. (I read about people assuming he'd be hacking... so is that the reason?)

I really really like how it tells the story of DayZ within just a few moments: surviving, teaming up, dying! That's life, that's DayZ!

No, no, no, please! By no means was I trying to claim the position of a a spokesperson whatsoever! was just trying to warn him that some members of the forum dislike him, for valid reasons imho. But I myself have watched contless hours of his vid's too, and he also has gotten me started on the mod! (I swear guys). Besides, British accents ftw!

As for the "plays fair" thing, well some might disagree here. You can always have a look at the old threads dealing with this. Have you been playing the mod? Well, at some point the hacking got beyond rampant. That's why oldschool is so touchy about it. (rightfully, hax suck big time)

I hope I cleared that up :P :)

Anyways, as I said above, having that animation for the SA, or even the Mod would be awesome! :3

Why would I want to wait through a clip or animation before the game? If I can, I disable them with -nologo or anything else I can find. Badass or not, you can watch something like that when YOU feel like it; why force us to watch it every time we start the game??

Why would I want to wait through a clip or animation before the game? If I can, I disable them with -nologo or anything else I can find. Badass or not, you can watch something like that when YOU feel like it; why force us to watch it every time we start the game??

The game needs to load files, so, if I have the option to stare at a black screen or at the logo, I'll go with the logo. Besides, as you said, you can always disable it with -nologo and have your black screen back if you want :)

Because I love to force little whiny boys to do things they don't want!^^

C'mon, all games have it, most let you skip it. So fine for both sides.

• Like 1

Hello there

Firstly, Im not fussed about  1080 as long as you keep of the allegations. If you dont know what they are then just ignore it and move along, you can google if you must.

Secondly, IMHO intros are such a waste of time and money. Fun to watch once or twice but then theyre switched off or avoided by many.

A competition might be nice for any intro we have to have, but as soon as ive got a commandline to bypass them I personally will.

Rgds

LoK

Frankies intros are always fine and the music hightlights the logo very well. ;)

Don't mind him...most of the people I've met on this forum love Frankie...I'm not a fanboy and I knew about DayZ on a video with pewdiepie and cry playing this.

• Like 1

The animation will only play for what, 6 seconds? Do you seriously orgasm in 6 seconds? Heck, I have launch options to skip the intro and all that shit.

• Like 2