Sign in to follow this  
pale1776

The ONLY 50 That Should Be Here

Since most of you believe that all good guns will melt in this fake apocalypse, I have a suggestion for everyone. The Soviet PTRD anti tank rifle. Its from World War Two, is a 50 calesque round that some people want, and would probably kill you if you shot it the wrong way XD

Theres pictures of rags wrapped around the stock, sandbags between shoulder and stock, and experimental mounts. Like I said, its a 50, its rare, it kicks and weighs a ton, and should be in worn to badly damaged condition since its so old. It shoukd be repairable of course. And its single shot so no more panic shoot like a machine gun. This can spawn maybe in a hidden bunker or cave (I think those were talked about) and ammo spawns randomly anywhere military related, but I say no more than 10 rounds per server every other restart. 2 restarts, theres one round, 4 restarts theres 2 rounds, and after 10 rounds are in the server no more spawn until one or more is used.

Whaddo yall think?

Owen

A PTRD...

Used as a sniper rifle...

Call of Duty: World at War, I'm guessing you got this idea from?

But either way, LOL.

Edited by Geckofrog7

I still don't see why there needs to be an anti tank rifle put in game. 

From what i have read the rifle was proven inefective against armored targets which is basically what it was designed for.

It has low mobility,and huge muzzle blasts which will give out your position easily.They are effective against cars,and light armored vechicles.

It's a single shot,so that means if you miss,you would have to reload another bullet again manually which is a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

From what i have read the rifle was proven inefective against armored targets which is basically what it was designed for.

It has low mobility,and huge muzzle blasts which will give out your position easily.They are effective against cars,and light armored vechicles.

It's a single shot,so that means if you miss,you would have to reload another bullet again manually which is a pain in the ass.

In other words just use the mosin or other high powered rifle. 

Weight almost 40 lbs, is over 6-1/2 feet long, would be a poor weapon for almost every purpose and is an uncommon museum piece.

I had this up on the Community's Weapon Suggestion Forum and it was shot down quite quickly.  I even myself wondered what the hell i was thinking after i started to receive the feedback lol.

Also that gun isn't a ".50" as it fires a 14x5 millimeter round, .50 is 12x7 millimeter.

Yes, the thing is twice as powerful - in another class altogether.

anti-tank, sounds sexy...imagine blowing a bandit's head with that :D but no...if there's ever a .50 should be a Barret, but must be deployed to shoot...so it would be useless carrying it downtown 'cause deplying would take some seconds. This would make barrets useful only to clear a place from bandits before going in or provide cover for your squad

It fired an autocannon round (roughly 20mm I believe) used on light armor and fixed emplacement weaponry like anti-aircraft weaponry. It also had the capacity for a magazine in some variations. It proved effective against light armor targets and entrenched positions IE concrete bunkers and firing positions, but anytime it was used on PZ3 or PZ4 tanks it didn't have enough punch to go through anything but specific armor locations like the drop plates for view slots.

It wasn't designed to be fixed with a scope so long range shots to hit those very small spots on moving targets lead to it's general ineffectiveness.

And it really doesn't belong in this title.

Like yall said, its more of a museum piece. Which means theres like one in the whole hive (when finished) with like 3 rounds per hive. Some people want 50s and the rest will.publicly execute anyone who goes against what you say an imaginary apocalypse should be like. If some dumbass wants to.lug a 40 pound gun around with a single bullet, be my guest. At least that will stop some of the complaining I see. Personally, it should be as rare as possible. Like half the spawn chance of a can opener when the game first came out XD

Cause as I said, the soviets, polish, and germans all had something similiar tk a 50 (remember World War Two you guys) and is explainable. No AS50s or M107s. Even the US has enough brains not to leave one behind. And another idea,let there be like a 3% chance the damn thing blows up and kills Or hurts you. Thats roughly 30 shots per rifle. Cause we all know some guy would spend a year on empty servers farming ammo to shoot newspawns.

And for those who say they dont belong in a zombie apocalypse, what the hell kind of reason does a zombie apocalypse have? Its not and never will happen, so how do tou know what should and shouldnt be there? I mean, on a guntrading FB page Im on, there was a working Barrett 50 for 13000$. And thats a 3 hour drive, not to mention the Army base I live right next to.

And I never played world at war, so no. This was after I saw how a US Colonel rechambered one during WW2 to fire a 50 round and had a 4x scope.

Also that gun isn't a ".50" as it fires a 14x5 millimeter round, .50 is 12x7 millimeter.

Note how I said SIMILIAR to a 50. The soviets didnt have a 50. They had the PTRD round, 14.7ish I believe.

How bout the Degtyarev instead?

Was developed in the late 90s and is closer to a NATO .50 rifle with 12.7x108. Its still in service today (in small numbers though) as a counter-sniper rifle and for engaging light armored targets.

I figure you'd be more likely to find one of them in Chernarus than you would a working PTRD-1941 w/ammo.

Edited by Pandema

Yeah. I see people ask for m107s and such, and I think there should be a 50. Should it be hightech? No, I wanna see that thing blow up in your face if you use it too much. Now, if theres ever a US map, which a ftiend of mine is making a DayZ mod mod called DayZ Dixie, then I think there should be a separate weapons list for that. If theres more maps, each one should have weapons and cars based off the area.