Sign in to follow this  
benri

MINIGAMES

dayz is a survival simulator, but there's few things to do - loot, kill (or help) others, build a base (in the future) and thats it.

real survival is much more than this, its filled with a lot of different tasks that we dont see in dayz.

thats why i think minigames would be awesome. many actions should include mini games (fixing engine, shaving, cleaning weapons, patching clothes and maybe some crafting recipes), and those mini games need to be really realistic. if youre not a mechanic and you know nothing about engines you cant fix engines.

you will need to know the minimal basics of something to be able to do it.

and if you want to upgrade the engine or to fix a difficult problem then you need to be a mechanic (well, not really but you will need to know something about fixing engines). this will create professions and even communities in different servers (oh you need to fix that? go to lopatino there's an awesome mechanic there he will be able to fix this engine for a fair price). this will reduce the bandits amount (if i will kill this mechanic he will never help me again.. so why killing him?).

people could build their own workshops - and even towns (maybe underground, i dont like the idea of player constructions on the map) or convert buildings for this use. this will teach the dayz community useful everyday life skills and simulate basic trading system (and if dean will be smart he will use this system to create something bigger) and it will add a lot of different things to do.

what do you think?

sorry for my grammar.

• Like 2

NO.

GO TO HELL.

MINIGAMES ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

Christ. Chill out. He probably means the kind of minigames that Skyrim had. Lockpicking minigame, and some mechanics similiar to Mechanic Simulator 2014

• Like 1

I would be all for a deck of cards where you can sit around with people and play poker for bullets or cans of food.

The main mini-game I want is russian roulette. Chamber a single 357 round, spin the barrel - hilarity ensues, and one person is walking away richer.

I would be all for a deck of cards where you can sit around with people and play poker for bullets or cans of food.

The main mini-game I want is russian roulette. Chamber a single 357 round, spin the barrel - hilarity ensues, and one person is walking away richer.

Mmhmm.

Nope, I would hate having to learn everything again every time I die.

didnt know you forget everything you learned rl when you die ingame. i better watch out before i forget t

Christ. Chill out. He probably means the kind of minigames that Skyrim had. Lockpicking minigame, and some mechanics similiar to Mechanic Simulator 2014

yes. but not only mechanics. there should be many different professions and people will be able to learn them in real life too.

oh, and dean mentioned mini games in dayz somewhere, i remember that. i just hope it will be something like that.

Edited by benri

There should definitely be some cards for a game of poker or lonely apocalypse solitaire; I could stomach a lock picking component in the game. As for engine fixing and shaving minigames...I feel like they'd become boring and repetitive you'll just get shot while doing it.