Sign in to follow this  
DeadRekoning

Falling 3ft to your death!

Walked off of a 1 story drop and died.  Walked off one flight of 5 stairs and died.  Fell about 4 ft in an elevator shaft and died.  fell off the third story of a barn and just broke both legs and am crawling anywhere to die.

Does anyone else think the elevation/falling mechanic needs fixing?  I can get shot, but I can't jump off the front porch...

1 story drop is not 3 feet, even jumping to the ground while half way down the stairs is deadly, dont jump anywhere.

• Like 1

The search function will reveal to you that this is well known. Ad nauseum.

Sorry to say, useless thread.

Has the dynamic damage made it to stable yet? I fell off the middle level (1st floor in the EU, 2nd floor US) in a barn the other day but was pleasantly surprised to find myself still alive. Broken leg, granted, but still no death.

Edited by ricp

It's known to be random on purpose. And I wonder if the floor surface matters. The barn floor is dirt, not concrete, isn't it?

Think about it like this, trip and fall in the bathtub and you can easily kill yourself, fall from a plane at 20,000 feet and you could live to tell the tale.

dayz physics in action.

fall 5 ft you die

fly a heli slap bang into the side of a moutain, walk away bleeding :)

I can beat that. I feel 0 feet in the jail house. Ruined my pants. (And no, i did not get shot).

OP sounds like he is a bit uncoordinated

1 story drop is not 3 feet, even jumping to the ground while half way down the stairs is deadly, dont jump anywhere.

I've broke my legs by walking today...elevation is dangerous like THAT!

I don't tend to break my legs all that often, but falling 2 feet and ruining your pants is a bit obscure...

What gets me is if there's no "jumping" mechanic on the game, why are you going to attempt to jump anyway? All you get right now is the ability to step over shit, so that's really what you should stick to for now, imo. It's better to just spend the extra second walking down those stairs. And it seems you need to be careful how you're maneuvering through buildings. Edges of places = always bad to be close to. Desync right off them boys. Just gotta be more careful for now.

****Alpha Reminder****

^^^^That, too.

EDIT:  How I start how my post is the result of many other threads I've read that are just like this one.

Edited by ArsenicLamb

I feel like there may be some bugs with the falling damage calculations. I walked off a street curb and instantly died. When I re-spawned I started running back to my corpse on my way I ran over a rock that was probably just up to my ankles and broke my leg.

My friends were with me when I "fell" off the curb so I got most of my stuff back. Hilariously almost everything I was carrying was ruined.