Sign in to follow this  
hozzdutch

Dead players bodies turning into Zombies

ok, dead people turn into zombies. It's a fact!

So, with that in mind, rather than having players corpses disappear, instead of after 10 minutes, the body disappears, the corpse should just get up and become a zombie.

Although the zombie is too stupid to use the gear that it might be carrying, it'll make zombies a little more interesting if we can loot something from them.

• Like 6

This is something I really like to see. Instead of keep making new zombie models, just have dead players roam around in the world. Of course this should be limited to some extend, that way you won't have thousands of zombies around. Once dead, apply some type of texture to the dead player to make it look more zombie-like. If you kill said zombie, you should be able to loot him from his original items. Now, if you kill the zombies, then yeah just get rid of it.

Edited by Malibuz0r

..or at least be able to loot some of the gear...make a random selection of the gear on the zombie become ruined.

I don't like the idea of looting zombies. Zombies should always be a threat and by making them lootable you are removing some of that threat. For example, when ammunition becomes rarer it will encourage more melee combat or straying away from towns. If one in ten zombies dropped 11 rounds I would be gaining supplies and they are no longer a threat to me, in fact it would be quite the opposite and I would search for them knowing I am getting supplies. It would kind of defeat the purpose of making loot rarer, and rarer loot makes this game more challenging.

As for dead players becoming zombies, I have mixed feelings about this. It would depend on how the virus is transmitted. If you follow traditional lores it is generally a bite or scratch that delivers the infection into your blood. I believe in the walking dead everyone has the virus and they turn upon death regardless of how it happened. Though I thought I read somewhere that players were immune to the virus for some reason. Regardless, the fact is most players don't die to zombies, they die from a 762 to the skull, a chest full of 556 or the notorious bugs that devour characters, all of which would make for some incredibly debilitated zombies, if they were even able to move at all.

Edited by Dethsupport

This would be cool,they did this in zombie you and it really worked,if u had a bullet proof headwhere or jacket on then it would take more shots to making them better.

AVRqPUu.jpg

Lore time:

According to DayZ lore, Zed are actually living infected people, not reanimated dead. Dead people are dead people.

• Like 5

I don't like the idea of looting zombies. Zombies should always be a threat and by making them lootable you are removing some of that threat. For example, when ammunition becomes rarer it will encourage more melee combat or straying away from towns. If one in ten zombies dropped 11 rounds I would be gaining supplies and they are no longer a threat to me, in fact it would be quite the opposite and I would search for them knowing I am getting supplies. It would kind of defeat the purpose of making loot rarer, and rarer loot makes this game more challenging.

As for dead players becoming zombies, I have mixed feelings about this. It would depend on how the virus is transmitted. If you follow traditional lores it is generally a bite or scratch that delivers the infection into your blood. I believe in the walking dead everyone has the virus and they turn upon death regardless of how it happened. Though I thought I read somewhere that players were immune to the virus for some reason. Regardless, the fact is most players don't die to zombies, they die from a 762 to the skull, a chest full of 556 or the notorious bugs that devour characters, all of which would make for some incredibly debilitated zombies, if they were even able to move at all.

Well I mean, let's say you are looting a town and you are starving to death, and you see only 1 zombie around the entire area, you kill it, wouldn't you want to loot it in hopes of that zombie have some food in his gear? There would be no threat whatsoever from other zombies. Now, if you want to loot a zombie in an area populated by zombies, then that would be a bad idea. Since ammo spawns could be limited in the future, shooting all zombies just to loot them would be kind of retarded because you might just ran out of bullets. Also, like the guy above you mentioned, only some of the items should be lootable as they might be ruined or w/e. Ruined items should also still apply to zombies depending where you shoot them. Typically a bullet to the head should bring them down.

Yeah, only certain ways a dead player can come back as a zombie should be implemented. So a headshot to the player won't bring him back.

Edited by Malibuz0r

Well I mean, let's say you are looting a town and you are starving to death, and you see only 1 zombie around the entire area, you kill it, wouldn't you want to loot it in hopes of that zombie have some food in his gear? There would be no threat whatsoever from other zombies. Now, if you want to loot a zombie in an area populated by zombies, then that would be a bad idea. Since ammo spawns could be limited in the future, shooting all zombies just to loot them would be kind of retarded because you might just ran out of bullets. Also, like the guy above you mentioned, only some of the items should be lootable as they might be ruined or w/e. Ruined items should also still apply to zombies depending where you shoot them. Typically a bullet to the head should bring them down.

Yeah, only certain ways a dead player can come back as a zombie should be implemented. So a headshot to the player won't bring him back.

No I wouldn't want to loot it, especially not for something like food. I wouldn't want to be wearing the clothes of an infected, eat the food they're carrying or any such thing. My point about looting zombies is it effectively counteracts the reduced loot spawns that we will see in the future, and the lower spawn rates directly tie into the difficulty of the game. This game needs to evolve and become harder, not easier.

Edited by Dethsupport

Lore time:

According to DayZ lore, Zed are actually living infected people, not reanimated dead. Dead people are dead people.

I did not know this, that solves this topic. You have my beans sir/ma'am.

• Like 1

i would like to state though, that IF they were really necromancy-reanimated dead-returneth-from-the grave  bodies, then OPs suggestion would have my full support. It would also allow for dynamic raise-from-the-ground ankle-gripping zombie action. alas, not this time.

The way I see it, normal zombies stay as they are with no loot. The only lootable ones are dead players and then, only a portion of the stuff the dead player was carrying remains lootable.

So, with that in mind, rather than having players corpses disappear, instead of after 10 minutes, the body disappears, the corpse should just get up and become a zombie.

Although the zombie is too stupid to use the gear that it might be carrying, it'll make zombies a little more interesting if we can loot something from them.

Here we go again... Learn to search! I bet theres a 1000 threads about this and the answer is always the same. The zeds are not dead, but living infected people.

According to lore all survivors are immune to the virus, so they would not come back as zombies because they can't get infected. Plus the zombies are not undead, they're infected living people.

Fairly certain the devs have already said this isn't going to happen.

AVRqPUu.jpg

Lore time:

"I see dead people" - Cole Sear

Back to OP. I guess its not a bad idea. I would love to see my dead character turn into a zombie. Than I can swing my fire axe or beat him to death again and loot back my equipment.

According to DayZ lore...

According to lore...

ok this is alpha, there is no intro, no story, nothing I've been able to find.

Please tell me where this fabled lore is so i can go and have a read!

its a fact? WTF