Damnyourdeadman

Sleeping suggestion

Now,before everyone in the forums starts to clobber me,hear me out on this one.

My suggestion is fairly simple,insipired from a game named Aion.

On that game,you had a studio (like your own house)when you logged out out of your studio

you had a buff called "Energy of Repose" this buff was equivellant to 'well rested' giving you extra

exp for everything you did in the game.What i'm suggesting is something relevant,when you log out

from your bed/sleeping bag etc,and you log in after some hours (depending on your stamina levels)

You could have:

-If you have low blood,blood regenaration during sleep/logout time would improve.

-If you log out from the bed with sick status,when you log in sleep mode would improve your survivor's condition.

-You can get a "rested" status equivalent to the "healthy" status,only rather than having improve blood regen,

your survivor could run faster than his averange top running speed until your stamina falls again and lose the "rested"status.

Keep in mind,i'm not suggestiong to make sleeping a nessecity,but it would be a nice to have feature,and with

my ideas,i think players would be driven to use the "sleeping" logout than the regular one.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 3

I agree with u. That rlly sounds nice and it´s a good idea. I was missing smthg like that in the game. My Char was runnig for hours without getting tired. It is a little bit weird ^^

And there r a lots of beds in the houses

+1. You should regenerate health while sleeping, probs like 200 blood per hour when logged out, considering you have 12000 blood total in the mod, im assuming its the same. I strongly agree with this, and with sleepers, just like in Rust. LOVED when I would find people sleeping, beat their door down and kill them. Better hide if this is implimented, cause im comin for yah ;)

• Like 1

+1. You should regenerate health while sleeping, probs like 200 blood per hour when logged out, considering you have 12000 blood total in the mod, im assuming its the same. I strongly agree with this, and with sleepers, just like in Rust. LOVED when I would find people sleeping, beat their door down and kill them. Better hide if this is implimented, cause im comin for yah ;)

No,i mean like a "sleeping" logout dude.Your survivor will not be a dynamic object in the server "left sleeping".When you sleep logout,there is no sign of your survivor till you log back in.That would not be very cool because unlike Rust people strive alot for gear :) .

No,i mean like a "sleeping" logout dude.Your survivor will not be a dynamic object in the server "left sleeping".When you sleep logout,there is no sign of your survivor till you log back in.That would not be very cool because unlike Rust people strive alot for gear :) .

Then how is it any different from now? Its not sleeping anymore, its logging out and getting freebies. Then -1.

Then how is it any different from now? Its not sleeping anymore, its logging out and getting freebies. Then -1.

But you can't sleep-log out wherever you want,that's the point.I'm not talking about the beds,that the civilian houses offer.

I'm talking about sleeping bags/player crafetd beds that give this bonuses.Like if for example (later when crafting-base building is implemented) if i have crafted a king-sized bed,and log out  my charachter from there,the stamina- "rested" effect would take less time to replenish than logging out from a sleeping bag.

If your charchter logs out from the sleeping bag in your inventory then i don't think it would be a freebie,it's just that item's effect.

Hmm it sounds good, and I love the idea of going to sleep to log out. But a bonus from doing it at one particular bed seems to gamey. What's so special about your sleeping bag that a random house bed can't achieve the same thing?

Id like it if we could log at any bed..anywhere and still get the logged out slow regen. Give it a live ingame timer where your screen slowly fades to black or something as the count goes down. And allow players to "wake you up" if they get there in time. We could still log anywhere but wouldn't get the regen if it wasn't a bed. Maybe push players into towns more, because they know if they log at a bed they will probs have a lot more hp when they log in next day :)

• Like 1

I don't like the combination of sleep and logging out. Think it should rather be part of active gameplay, some kind of idle/resting mode, like clicking "pause". I often find that I logout because I temporarly have something to do (like doing homework) and that I'd like to stay in the game meanwhile, because I don't want to start on a different server or because I want to have a look sometimes. But there is no benefit for idly staying in the game, and so for my own safety, I logout. I really loved to have the ability to rest on the ground instead, lying in my sleeping bag and recovering from fever (with reduced food consumption).

Don't think my suggesion is worth another thread, so I post it in yours.

Hmm it sounds good, and I love the idea of going to sleep to log out. But a bonus from doing it at one particular bed seems to gamey. What's so special about your sleeping bag that a random house bed can't achieve the same thing?

Id like it if we could log at any bed..anywhere and still get the logged out slow regen. Give it a live ingame timer where your screen slowly fades to black or something as the count goes down. And allow players to "wake you up" if they get there in time. We could still log anywhere but wouldn't get the regen if it wasn't a bed. Maybe push players into towns more, because they know if they log at a bed they will probs have a lot more hp when they log in next day :)

Honestly,i don't mind with the dynamic sleeping survivor staying on the server even if you log out idea,but i think because alot

of sleeping players are gonna get "assaulted from behind"  there is bound to be a lot of whining.I don't either mind sleep logging from a regular ingame house-bed.

But that's up to you,as the community.Would it bother you if that were the case? To be able to die while sleeping?

I know i would not mind,but if you go to sleep in a city like Electro....you are gonna have a bad time :)

Edit:What really matters in this topic is the "rested" bonuses.

• Like 1

Honestly,i don't mind with the dynamic sleeping survivor staying on the server even if you log out idea,but i think because alot

of sleeping players are gonna get "assaulted from behind"  there is bound to be a lot of whining.

But that's up to you,as the community.Would it bother you if that were the case? To be able to die while sleeping?

I know i would not mind,but if you go to sleep in a city like Electro....you are gonna have a bad time :)

Oh yeah I don't think our guy should stay in game, just going to sleep should be like a logout timer. Takes a min to fall asleep, then your guy disappears. But if someone makes it to you before you do disappear, they could wake you up with a punch or a shot to the foot, or even shout through voip to get up now or die. Just if you log at a bed you will regain HP very slowly while logged out (maybe just HP not acctual blood). If you log in the wilderness no such regen. Also an after thought was that if you did log in the wilderness, not a bed in a house, or your bag at camp. There could be a small chance to log in sick due to exposure :D 

• Like 1

Oh yeah I don't think our guy should stay in game, just going to sleep should be like a logout timer. Takes a min to fall asleep, then your guy disappears. But if someone makes it to you before you do disappear, they could wake you up with a punch or a shot to the foot, or even shout through voip to get up now or die. Just if you log at a bed you will regain HP very slowly while logged out (maybe just HP not acctual blood). If you log in the wilderness no such regen. Also an after thought was that if you did log in the wilderness, not a bed in a house, or your bag at camp. There could be a small chance to log in sick due to exposure :D

That was an excellent idea,maybe make sleep logout mandatory,and when the temperature is imlemented and you log out in the middle of the forest with freezing temperature,there is a high chance you will find your survivor sick.So before you going to sleep you should take in account

1:Beign indors when you sleep.

2:Have a burning fire/heat source close to you to keep you warm. 

That would increase the realism factor to a new level.

• Like 1

Not really like it. When player will have low blood/hp then instead looking for regeneration items, he/she will log out and back tomorrow. In other words, if someone want play risky then he will do it soon before end. "Got shot and alive ? no problem, i log out and back tomorrow with full blood/hp."

Not really like it. When player will have low blood/hp then instead looking for regeneration items, he/she will log out and back tomorrow. In other words, if someone want play risky then he will do it soon before end. "Got shot and alive ? no problem, i log out and back tomorrow with full blood/hp."

Id say that a fair choice though. Do I want to keep playing and risk death, or log and come back at it tomorrow with some more HP. Im pretty sure people aren't going to stop a fun session and not play for a full however many hours to regain there blood when they could just respawn. I think it adds realism aswell....no meds? only option is to sleep or risk it  :)

EDIT - also if you wanted to sleep free of exposure chance, then there would be a risk in finding a bed, from both zeds and players.....unless you have a nice tucked away camp. Then its a risk to get back to camp on your low hp :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Hmm...i see your point,so i propose this.

If you go to bed with the "healthy" "stuffed"  "hydrated" status,and you have a good temperature (near fire or other heat source) and inside a house,it will affect the pace in which your charachter regenerates blood.Making all theese preparations is challenging,so i think it's fair.Right?

I like the idea...but I would say this: If you regen blood or health you must sleep in-game and risk yourself to be found/killed. If you logout then you only reward will be a rested state.

Hope I make clear :)

Best,

-M.

If you go to bed with the "healthy" "stuffed"  "hydrated" status,and you have a good temperature (near fire or other heat source) and inside a house,it will affect the pace in which your charachter regenerates blood.Making all theese preparations is challenging,so i think it's fair.Right?

Its evolving well this idea :)

I like that aswell, no regen unless you are nice and hydrated/fed when you log. Id even advocate a ridiculously slow regen time for sleeping. Say at least 24 hours to regen and you carnt regen past 75% while sleeping or something :)

Edited by Karmaterror

If player would stay in game as npc and "sleep", then i am slopes to agree.

Energie and hydrate even slowing going down even if player is not active. Pause status energie/hydrate would be sux. Player's energie/hydrate status will be not match after some time and rageneration will stop. If we going more far, player going sleep and dont back few days...he will be dead due starvation ? Its considered as risk of sleeping or how do you see it Damnyourdeadman ?

If player would stay in game as npc and "sleep", then i am slopes to agree.

Energie and hydrate even slowing going down even if player is not active. Pause status energie/hydrate would be sux. Player's energie/hydrate status will be not match after some time and rageneration will stop. If we going more far, player going sleep and dont back few days...he will be dead due starvation ? Its considered as risk of sleeping or how do you see it Damnyourdeadman ?

Hahahah i wish i could answer that right now......i'm not against the whole npc idea,but neither i'm in favor of it.

Whatever is fine with me,the regenaration will not stop,it will just be slower.I personally can't say if the people are in favor of a persistant Npc,

sleeping in the server.There will be hackers in the future,that teleport,insta kill whoever they please.Even if your survivor is sleeping in the game's safest area,and a hackers just teleports in your room and kills you when you sleep(and 100 other people sleeping after you) i think it would be a reason to create mass confusion to the average player.

Its evolving well this idea :)

I like that aswell, no regen unless you are nice and hydrated/fed when you log. Id even advocate a ridiculously slow regen time for sleeping. Say at least 24 hours to regen and you carnt regen past 75% while sleeping or something :)

Yes that would propably be for the best if the sleep is a logout function,and not something persistant,we want player to actually be in the game.Now if the sleeping system is made like *closes eyes slowly* but still beign ingame,then higher regenaration values.But that's up to the community to decide.

Edit:Or you have increased regenaration but the danger of someone killing you in your sleep.

If we want a true survival sim sleep should be mandatory and as you get tired your character should slow. Maybe you could sleep in game or logged out (as npc still in game) but in game would regenerate you faster (to avoid chronic boredom). I think this would work better than some "bonus" for logging off with an increased risk to yourself. This is also a nice fix for snipers logging out on rooftops and such. I say Give us some cool sleeping bags to find and craft and make the beds in town usable (if you are really brave) and this would feel alot more like a sim. On a side note blood should very (very, very, did I mention very?) slowly regenerate with food, water and time like real life not just because you had a nap alone.