Sign in to follow this  
Lumeria

Best places to find guns other then military bases?

I have only started to play this game in the last few days and I am having a problem finding guns outside of military bases. I have played on full! empty and recently restarted servers with few players and have yet to find anything other then those on corpses or in the bases. I have googled this and have searched in the recommended areas with no results.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong/ where to find these weapons? All help appreciated =D

Hi there!

Search what is referred as school houses. On the top floor there is most likely some kind of gun.

The red houses with the entrance on the side might be worth a look, too

schools tend to have mosins, the piano buildings can have mosin/sks/dual barrel rifles and i've found guns in the hospital as well, AND firestations can have guns (usualy magnum/fnx for me)

Basicly most of the "Special"  building can spawn guns. You just gotta look@ the right places :P

everywhere...  firestations, schools, hospitals, offices, red brick buildings, piano houses (big beige one with a green bay), police station (in Svetlojarsk) and probably many more I can't remember.  Stay away from the coast and guns are in abundance.

The best advise I could give is don't focus on finding weapons, make your way to the interior and try to visit as many towns as possible, you need food, water and medicines, focus on that, eventually you'll find weapons on the way. There is military gear spawning at the barns, including shotguns and SKS for example, in bigger towns there are buidings that can spawn weapons, look for firehouses, schools, farms, some of the bigger houses also... it takes time, but you need to learn by yourself where to look. 

Anyways, a good way of getting some nice gear is making the south-west triangle: Green Mountain, Zelenogorsk and the military base just at the south. There are more chances of finding good loot at this bases than at the airfields.

Thank you all so much for your help! Hopefully I will be able to find a mosin of my own or an SKS which I found on a body and then was immediately shot XD

Thank you all so much for your help! Hopefully I will be able to find a mosin of my own or an SKS which I found on a body and then was immediately shot XD

I seem to find more sks rifles and ammo than i find food at the moment. The world is littered with them. :(

i find them in Barns, firestations, Hosptials, T E C Buildings, and the house with the piano always in it...and its a mix, mostly SKS and Mosin but you do find the odd M4, Shotgun, and both pistols.

The police station in Svetlojarsk had a M4A1 assault rifle, as well as a 30 round magazine. Not a bad place to check out.

Status update:

I have searched in the recommended areas put toward by people in this forum post, and am still as unlucky as ever. I have honestly given up on the idea of ever finding a Mosin or SKS of my own. I understand this May seem childish but you can only look for so long before losing hope. Thank you for your help, I hope this can help future new players.

Status update:

I have searched in the recommended areas put toward by people in this forum post, and am still as unlucky as ever. I have honestly given up on the idea of ever finding a Mosin or SKS of my own. I understand this May seem childish but you can only look for so long before losing hope. Thank you for your help, I hope this can help future new players.

Dont give up yet!  I alos had a lot of trouble finding things to start with but with a little bit of exploring you can figure it out in just a couple of hours.  I would recommend finding an empty server and going all the way to the west.  If people have been on the server already the west will be less likely to have been looted before you got there.  Then run up through all the towns (Pavlovo,Zelengorsk, Sosnovka,Pustoshka, Vybor etc) checking all the buildings to see what you can find.  The doors should be closed if they are open go to a different server.  I recommend being very thorough going in every single building.  It will take a couple of hours.  But If you start at the coast then by the time you get up too the top of the map you should have a good idea what sort of things spawn in what sort of building, and what sort of buildings dont spawn anything.  You wont hit quite all the building types but you will hit most of them and you will certainly find at least one if not several weapons that are not in military buildings.

i guess schools and firestations is where you can find guns

Edited by DMentMan

do not know if it changed as i have been north for a long long time and not seeing it up here, but used to always have luck finding mosin in car trunks

firearms:

POLICE STATION

FIRE STATION

BARRACKS

AIR CONTROL TOWER

THREE STORY SCHOOL

GREEN TWO-STORY HOUSE WITH PIANO INSIDE

RED BRICK HOUSE/PUB

TWO STORY PUB

(police station three story building in svetlojarsk)

(ship at rify)

(train stations)

melee:

EVERYWHERE

Edited by pacific_coast

In the multi-story building with the open staircase in the middle of the buidling (called School building) it will be on the shelves in the only room on the top floor.

In the multi-story building with a large red "receptionist's" desk on the main floor, this is a hospital.  Don't look here. 

In the multi-story buidling with the staircase on the side, and a few rooms with many shelves on the bottom, the guns will be either on the overturned desk on one of the upper levels, or in the topmost hallway you can run down, it will be on the overturned desk or by the tipped over Armoir.

For the facotry building, they can be upstairs. 

In the large houses, red or orange bricked, there will be one on the main floor.  If it's the piano building, it can be on the piano, on the shelves, on the floor.  If its the one with 2 large main floor rooms, I think they can be anywhere. 

Firestations and the police station for pistols only. 

pick a construction site (i would recommend the one at 019:047) and do like almost everyone of the old dayzmodgang and loot a few servers. it is as safe as it will get and you will find your self what ever guns (within the game) you prefer. add to that the garages and the office building and you will have your self a 5 minute loot route every 5.5 minutes ..my guess is that you will be very well geard within an hour!

Hi there!

Search what is referred as school houses. On the top floor there is most likely some kind of gun.

The red houses with the entrance on the side might be worth a look, too

This is fact! But does it disturb anyone else that there are guns in the schoolhouse? I mean, jeeze, come on.

Weapons can sometimes be hard to see in tight spaces (like the small top room in the schoolhouse), so a tip is to move close to the shelves there and open your inventory. Even if you can't actually see an item, it will sometimes be visible that way.

The green building where the door is sealed/patched up with bricks and bloody piano inside- I almost always find a mosin or sks in there, and if not there's either waterbottle/fireaxe/ammo/food.