shinya aoki

im a noob from the standalone and have a question about copters...

was going to head out and look for a helicopter using the interactive map but i saw online that i might need to repair the helicopter first. Do all helicopters need to be repaired before flying? where are the more common locations to find helicopter parts? And finally, is this map accurate to vehicle spawn locations? 

thanks in advance for answers guys i appreciate it.

Depending on the server you play on, IF (and thats a big if) you find a helicopter at it's spawn it will need repairs and gas (some Scrap metal, lots of windscreen glass, engine parts, main rotor assembly).  All that is usually found in industrial spawns.  You'll also need a lot of gas to fuel it up.  A long time ago when I was still learning I found a little bird that was mostly repaired, fixed it, put in two 20L cans worth of fuel and tried to take off...I got MAYBE 3 feet off the ground before I ran out of fuel and landed hard.

thanks for your reply i apprectiate it. so before i go looking for a helicopter it sounds like i should go find the parts first. thanks.

You'd be better off actually finding one first Unless you plan on storing the parts in a tent.  Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago) the Huey needed like 6 windscreens that all need to be repaired before it could fly.  The other thing is unless someone crashes their helicopter and destroyed it you probably won't find a heli at any of the spawn points on DayZDB unless it's an 'abandoned' server.

Every heli I found back in the mod was either A. Hacked in and got deleted at server start (not by me or coleegs) or B. Was really hard to fi d parts to dix and guard. Good luck :p

A long time ago when I was still learning I found a little bird that was mostly repaired, fixed it, put in two 20L cans worth of fuel and tried to take off...I got MAYBE 3 feet off the ground before I ran out of fuel and landed hard.

#Realism

#Realism

If so he would have ran out as soon as he activated the fuel pump. :)

Edited by Enforcer

You need 6-8 windscreens (to hold fuel). 1 big jerrycan (to get to the next fuelstation). 1 scrapmetal and 1 main rotor assembly. Depens which mod your playing you can find helicopter easy or not that easy.

A long time ago when I was still learning I found a little bird that was mostly repaired, fixed it, put in two 20L cans worth of fuel and tried to take off...I got MAYBE 3 feet off the ground before I ran out of fuel and landed hard.

we got that some times after restart the heli's are bugged you have to repair them fully to use them

I usually found them in the woods up north parked in a clearing.

Other people would repair them for me in advance! Sometimes I would fly around and them put them back where I found them. Same with driving cars.

I think that most of them were, for a long time, being kept at base camp co-ordinates "off map".

Didn't they remove that possibility?

Edited by Disgraced