LaughingJack (DayZ)

Weather is coming...and it will make you sick ;)

I'm really excited for this...

7V850h7.png

But I'm not sure if it won't affect the hiking simulator 2014 too much. Rain=no hiking? Hm. Better start a fire...wait...that will come too? Hm....and cook something on it? Until some wet bandits come because they saw the flame in the night...

I'm not sure what I should think about that - on the one hand...I love every bit of authenticity in this game on the other hand, If it make sme sick to go out in the rain and i start sneezing again (ah the Mod memories...) and all players and Zeds get alerted by that...hm....

What do you guys think about that? :)

Well to cheer you up (if you did not like that announcment) here is what rocket did on valentines day:

RO3ap35.png

• Like 4

To that I can only say "about time" I've been waiting for bad weather, camping fires and a cup of hot... well I guess it will be water this time. I just wish that they'd add rain ponchos as well. The rain coats are a little bit too ugly for me.

• Like 1

Does this mean I will have to take off my tactical shirt every time it rains? 

Hopefully a simple throw-on poncho that doesn't take much inventory space is implemented... 

Want. 

Besides you can always light a fire somewhere out of sight or, hopefully when building is implemented, build a fire pit or something to hide the light. 

if it's like the mod as long as you keep moving you should be fine, camping in the rain is a different story unless you had heat packs or made fires..

Hurrah! Looking forward to this!

Hopefully a simple throw-on poncho that doesn't take much inventory space is implemented... 

Let's hope they include one.

Does this mean I will have to take off my tactical shirt every time it rains? 

What, you don't want to wear the bright yellow/orange raincoats?

Suddenly: rocking my green raincoat and motorcycle helmet doesn't seem so silly.

Edited by sacrdandprofne

What, you don't want to wear the bright yellow/orange raincoats?

There's green ones.

400px-Greenraincoatdayzsa.jpg

Edited by sacrdandprofne
  • Like 1

Suddenly robberies break out if somebody wears Wellies and raincoats...hm...I hope we can use the hood of the coat...

no hoods from any coats will be happening sadly. It actually seems to irk rocket if ya bring it up =P

You know what else would be cool to for cooking and crap? Making sure your meat is thoroughly cooked like meat and chicken based items or they can give you things like salmonella poisoning and kill you.

Also would be a really wicked thing to feed some one with hand cuffs to kill them.

Unrelated to weather but was thinking stuff that would make you sick lol.

I just wish they would make the down jackets take up the "Vest" slot instead of being "Shirt" with the inability to wear a vest.

I just wish they would make the down jackets take up the "Vest" slot instead of being "Shirt" with the inability to wear a vest.

Yeah thats pretty annoying. It could be easily fixed to probably.

I think that has something to do with the ability to reach the pockets (but don't quote me on that) - even if its very logical that you can pull out a pistol of the lowest level of your backpack in the same time as you can pull it out of your pockets...

But afaik is clothing subject to change (not the models, but the whole "What wear where" and "how get somethign in what time of which pocket" )...but it has no priority...

Edited by LaughingJack

So I won't be able to run round in me underpants?  What a bastard...

At least me wellies will come in handy!

no hoods from any coats will be happening sadly. It actually seems to irk rocket if ya bring it up =P

What the hell? Source?

Such a simple feature - which would totally have a working function now.

Same with the bandana around the face/mouth..

omg why (not)

What the hell? Source?

Such a simple feature - which would totally have a working function now.

Same with the bandana around the face/mouth..

omg why (not)

From rocket on reddit:

What you proposed involves:

1. Playing an animation on a proxy object (requires synchronizing, which means considering who needs to play the animation, asking them too, then confirming they got the message to play the animation).
  2. Removing the current object (requires synchronization).
  3. Creating a new object (again, synchronized)
  4. Applying all the old attributes to the new object (damage textures, wetness, will all require synchronizing).

Not to mention my previous point, that you're talking now having to do an entirely new model with a raised hood. That means it needs to be re-UV mapped, and also would need to be rebaked. You would also have to do all the LOD's again. And like I said before... the clipping issue is an absolute, unmitigated, nightmare.

Continue reading that thread for some amusing bits.

Edit: These forums destroy list formatting. Check reddit for clearer format.

Edited by Jack Dant
  • Like 1

It saddens me to see something that (seemingly) profound fail because of lack of server capacity/efficiency.

Kind of makes you wonder about the limits of the engine/servers.

Well at least the rain wasn´t too much work for the devteam to implement and synchronize *sigh*

Great stuff! But where are we supposed to shelter from the rain? Last time i checked it rains inside the houses and barns as well.

i LOL'd at light a fire.. i found a lot of stones to make a fire, all were badly damaged, 0 uses left...

@ carraig, put your shadow settings higher, then it doesnt rain indoors..

Edited by mosibfu
  • Like 2

Great stuff! But where are we supposed to shelter from the rain? Last time i checked it rains inside the houses and barns as well.

In the mod it was less about shelter and more about warmth.. If you could continue moving it would keep your body temp up.. If you were sitting next to a fire you didn't lose body temp.. If you were in a car/helicopter you didn't lose body temp.. etc.

i LOL'd at light a fire.. i found a lot of stones to make a fire, all were badly damaged, 0 uses left...

@ carraig, put your shadow settings higher, then it doesnt rain indoors..

Ah thanks!