Sign in to follow this  
Vinsterom

Instant Death

This is my 2nd time encountering instant deaths.

First time, I was plying in regular mode.  I was walking up a flight of stairs, no gunshot sound, no hit sound.  Only my character saying "Urgh" and then black screen with words "You are dead".

Second time, since I didn't want to gather the gear back so I switched to Hardcore mode and I already had tons of gear on....  I am walking up the stairs again in the same area and "urgh" instant death.  No shots heard, no hit sounds".  Black screen saying "You are dead".

Now I've lost all gear from both hard core and regular modes today.  Can someone please explain to me WTF is going on? 

It took me over a week to get awesome gear.  Now I don't know if I want to play this game again because it will take me more time to get back to where I was.

Edited: I was Healthy, no broken legs or infection or poisoning whatsoever, no diseases.  The server restarted shortly after the death as I was running back to try and get my gear from the 2nd death.

Edited by Vinsterom

1) This is an Alpha. That is not an excuse for the state of the game, but it should be for your role: You are not "playing" an Alpha, you are testing it. Report Bugs, glitches, make suggestions: Help make the game better for the Beta/Final. You found one it seems: Report it please. Bugs, glitches and especially instant deaths (and i guess 70% of all players have died because of a ladderglitch...)  are annoying, but keep that mentioned above in mind.

2) First rule of DayZ: Do NOT get attached to your gear. There is no victory screen, no way you can beat the game. Your character WILL die sooner or later. That's the game.

3) Avoid stairs. Ladders...everything above ground floor. Oh, and the "glitchy ship of death"   ;)

4) If you really just want to gear up: Join a server. Run north, avoid Berezino and the ship. Head fvor Krasnostav & NEAF, after that go west to NEAF and the military bases around there.  -> geared up in an hour if you did not made it to find a looted out server.

5) If you get to annoyed: Tae a break and come back after the next patch or the patch after that and look what has changed.

Edited by LaughingJack

They other days I went up the same flight of stairs.  Nothing happened.  It was just today and somehow both regular mode and hardcore mode both my characters died intantly.  I'm thinking a Hack.

Edited. Or server admin has way too much power.  Like I said, shortly after that instant death, about 5 minutes later, the server restarted and I ran all that way for nothing trying to get my gear back.

Edited by Vinsterom

Scientists have discovered through long researches that not giving a shit saves 30 minutes of your life everytime you do it.

• Like 1

Just cause you went up the stairs once and didn't die it doesn't mean a hack. 

It was a bug. Report it and get back to enjoying the Alpha.

not a bug, admin hack or a player hacking.  Didn't happen any other time but TODAY.

I would like a Dev to look into this situation please.

It's not going to happen. Suck it up and move along. 

This is an Alpha. I died yesterday from going down a ladder. Shit happens. Move on.

I'm gonna respawn again, i'll retest it, if it happens again then its a bug.  I'll let you know shortly.

I would like a Dev to look into this situation please.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Go there

make an account

file a bug report with as many details as possible

The general discussion is so chaotic and full with bs thread, there is absolutely no chance that anything posted here will reach a devs mind....

Edited by LaughingJack

There might be hackers in this game, but I highly doubt they're hacking the staircases to kill you. That is already a well known bug.

I just ran back to the staircase and didn't die, in the same server.  Both of my well-geared characters died instantly.  I'm still suspicious. 

It stands to reason that the more complex your character is (the more gear he's holding etc) the more chance you have of suffering a bug of some description. 

I think its a hack.  The server restarted 5 mins after I died while I was running back to my corpse.

Correlation =/= Causation

You died to a glitch and the server restarted like it does every four hours. 

You got killed by a bug in an Alpha, report it on the bug tracker and go back to playing. Don't come here and whine and complain about it.

Well two of my buddies have a theory about that: The better you are geared up, the more the game tries to kill you with bugs/glitches...

This is so true. First ever spawn, I'd been lucky enough to find a dead body fully kitted out (Fully customised SKS, clothes, backpack, food water, ammo etc etc) Survived for 7 hours, avoiding players, killing zombies (Was still getting used to it)

However, I didn't know at the time about the wall/rail glitch that sometimes happens. So I'd found one of the castles and was like cool. Went to the roof to get a lay of my surroundings. Walk to the edge and don't stop, only to fall to my death. End of the day it's alpha, shit happens. Laugh it off, and go do what the game is about. Gearing up and surviving.

Also, did you check what time it was that the server reset? As many have scheduled resets.

Edited by NanoAnarchy

I think its a hack.  The server restarted 5 mins after I died while I was running back to my corpse.

And another retarded Sherlock is born!

Just remember to wear your helmet, lil Sherl!

I have read a lot about people assuming hacks or what not when faced with an instant death and no sound. This has happened about 5 times to myself throughout my dayz hours.

However playing last week with a mate, I found something interesting. My net was dropping in and out a little bit as I went to meet up with a friend. I had been waiting for awhile, when I got a steam message saying he was nearly there and could see me, so I went and climbed the deer stand to try and spot him.

Another message received, saying he was beside me...I freaked, as I did not hear anyone climbing the ladder. I couldn't see anyone up on the deer stand, so I climbed down trying frantically to find my mate. Again he could see me move but I couldn't see nor hear him. This scenario happened for the next 10 or so minutes before we decided to call it quits.

It was like my net dropped for a short time and should have been kicked but the server did not update this as my ping/desync stayed the same and wouldn't update over time. I received no thirst/hunger messages although I should have and I got no red messages in the corner.

Before my friend left, he remarked "you are a sitting duck lol"

I suddenly thought back about the times when I have been insta killed with no sound or anyone in sight. "click"

That's right, we are in alpha  :o 

I was running around a 5 man server and I insta-died just running around forest part of the NWAF. Kind of lame...hasn't happened once in my 50 hours of DayZ. There was no audible noises of anything of any sort.

Edited by t1337Dude

Also, the positional audio is not currently working correctly.

I've had my friend firing in full auto with his M4 behind me, and I don't hear it. He will also be to the left of me, fire his Mosin, and I hear it out of my right speaker. I remember one of the devs commenting that this is indeed a problem but it's a complicated one they are trying to fix.

So yeah, sometimes someone will shoot you in the back but you won't hear it unless it misses and the bullet hits something in front of you.