Sign in to follow this  
Kaczor

Map Balance

I think that instead of adding new useless places ( Svetlojarsk ) it would be better if dev team actually thought about how to balance/improve map as it is now. Most of players stay at the Balota Airfield, because there is no any reason to run across the map, it is the biggest, the richest loot area on the map, it is near the spawn points and you can find everything you need here.

At current state improvement could be done with adding more Military Areas but with less Military Loot Buildings and rebuilding current areas ( making them smaller) or even removing them. Instead of making one big military area (ex. Balota airfield, which has 5-7 military buildings + big tent field nearby) i would prefer many smaller camps ( 1 - 2 military buildings in one) spread all over the map. So they wouldn't be to far from each other and it would encourage people to travel instead of just server hopping.

Edited by Kaczor

The map and spawns on the coast are fine.

No it's not. 90% of players are staying at the coast, because they have everything here ( weapons, ammo, food, hospitals). As well rest of the map could not exist. What is the point of 250km^2 map when only 5,10 is playable?

I think that instead of adding new useless places ( Svetlojarsk ) it would be better if dev team actually thought about how to balance/improve map as it is now. Most of players stay at the Balota Airfield, because there is no any reason to run across the map, it is the biggest, the richest loot area on the map, it is near the spawn points and you can find everything you need here.

At current state improvement could be done with adding more Military Areas but with less Military Loot Buildings and rebuilding current areas ( making them smaller) or even removing them. Instead of making one big military area (ex. Balota airfield, which has 5-7 military buildings + big tent field nearby) i would prefer many smaller camps ( 1 - 2 military buildings in one) spread all over the map. So they wouldn't be to far from each other and it would encourage people to travel instead of just server hopping.

NWAF is a richer loot point plus there another mil base 5 min from it with 3 barracks as well... But forgetting that there is plenty of towns inland that offer all you need oh and you will run into a lot less trouble inland so i guess it depends if your after action or survival....

No it's not. 90% of players are staying at the coast, because they have everything here ( weapons, ammo, food, hospitals). As well rest of the map could not exist. What is the point of 250km^2 map when only 5,10 is playable?

I'm using this 240km^2.

Peasants stay on the coast, I'm the King of the North.

There already is a bunch of military bases spread out all over the map and why do you assume everyone stays at Balota just because you do? Oh and Svetlojarsk isn't useless it's one of my favourite loot spots.

Have you actually ever left the coast?

First: Elektro is actually busier than Balota.

Second: Balota does not have the most military spawns. NWAF does.

Third: Military loot spawns outside of the military areas. Office buildings/schools spawn every weapon type. Barns spawn the clothing and backups, as well as weapons. The only thing that seems to spawn only in military areas are high-end attachments.

Fourth: All of the map is playable.

Fifth: there are military areas all over the map. It doesn't need to be rebalanced.

Yeah i can run to NWAF but almost no one is doing it nowadays. What is the point of running through empty map? I don't get it. I'm playing this for 2 months, and i encountered other players less than 10 times inland, it is not fun. If you want to play it that way you can as well play ARMA2 on single player, the same immersion.

2094ygp.png

Great balance, ,middle of the map is completely CLEAR.

Edited by Kaczor

Personally I like that loot isn't spawning in tents...  There did just seem to be too much loot in one place.  Where as now you have to hit all the bases a few times to get completely kitted out. 

Heck I just hit NW, Vybor, Zelenogorks, Pavlovo Military base and Green Mountain all on a freshly booted empty server.  Not one single m4, a couple of stock m4 parts.  Nothing "really useful" for a fairly well kitted out player.

In my opinion this is how looting should be.  If you want to "camp" a spot you might as well login every couple of hours... Or you can travel around the map.

Bawhahaha really? I saw 90% of the population at NEAF, the other 10% of the population was on the peak of Klen having a rave. Making up statistics does not make it true.

Yeah i can run to NWAF but almost no one is doing it nowadays. What is the point of running through empty map? I don't get it. I'm playing this for 2 months, and i encountered other players less than 10 times inland, it is not fun. If you want to play it that way you can as well play ARMA2 on single player, the same immersion.

2094ygp.png

LOL yeah I see why you made this post, I see you didn't include any spawn points for any of the the guns, oh wait yes you included SOME of the spawn locations for the M4, but you forgot the Mosin, shotgun, SKS, Magnum, Blaze 95, FXN. I fail to see how this stupid picture which has no accurate representation of the loot spawns, UNLESS you're solely looking for an M4, has any reflection on the "map being unbalanced"

I'm using this 240km^2.

Peasants stay on the coast, I'm the King of the North.

Was that you I ran into looting the barn's and storage lockers north of the tracks?

Bawhahaha really? I saw 90% of the population at NEAF, the other 10% of the population was on the peak of Klen having a rave. Making up statistics does not make it true.

LOL yeah I see why you made this post, I see you didn't include any spawn points for any of the the guns, oh wait yes you included SOME of the spawn locations for the M4, but you forgot the Mosin, shotgun, SKS, Magnum, Blaze 95, FXN. I fail to see how this stupid picture which has no accurate representation of the loot spawns, UNLESS you're solely looking for an M4, has any reflection on the "map being unbalanced"

Was that you I ran into looting the barn's and storage lockers north of the tracks?

Those are mine stay away from the storage sheds there lol ( seriously though its one of my first stops when i respawn is head there amazing how much you can pick up there then head to a smaller town nw for a gun etc..

UNLESS you're solely looking for an M4, has any reflection on the "map being unbalanced.

And the M4 also spawns in office buildings, which show as high yield for clothes, not weapons. That image is useless. Apparently the center of the map is completely clear ... although I can run through that clear area and wind up completely kitted with military gear including an m4 and ammo, if I was interested in an m4.

Stay away from my north!

2094ygp.png

...you know they're not finished adding things to this game right?

Only time I see the coast is as a fresh spawn.  Soon as they add hunting, I'm never leaving the North.

2094ygp.png

Looking at that i would spawn players near the island. I think when the place crawls with zeds fighting your way through to a decent weapon spawn should be hard. They shouldn't be all over the place, just specific areas. Then those paces will be pvp hotspots while players that want more pve can walk the road less travelled. The map has to cater to both play styles. Also with the player count going up, braving the zeds to nwa might be a better option than facing the coastal slaughter.