Sign in to follow this  
maceme

Inventory lost

Hi,

I have been playing dayz standalone for 4 days, and is a great game, but in these 4 days I have lost my full inventory two times, the last one with a mosin, military backpack, ballistic helmet, good camouflage clothing, mosin, ammo... Why this happens? I think I won't play more standalone, until this is solved.

Good plan - don't play SA until it is fixed.

If you aren't worried about gear though please continue helping out with the alpha product.

Good plan - don't play SA until it is fixed.

If you aren't worried about gear though please continue helping out with the alpha product.

That's also my plan.From the time i bought the game,i have only spent aproximately 30 hours ingame.

I suggest to give it time for more developing to be in order,don't overdo it from the alpha stages,or you might lose patience fast.

Have you lost your whole inventory or a character? I've never heard of or experienced inventory loss myself so I bet it's character "loss". There are few possibilities I can think of:

1. You have joined a different server where your character data is not stored. Try checking out servers on History tab if you can find your character.

2. You have logged off in a dangerous area and were killed by either a zombie or a player. Your character stays on the server for 30 sec after you have logged off.

3. A bug.

Whatever is the case you should never get attached into your gear.

Well, I think all the servers are public hives in standalone? It happened when logged in a server, and then I started with a default character. The first time an error message appeared in game, telling me that my inventory was lost. The last time no error message appeared, perhaps I was killed?

That sounds like a stroke of bad luck.

The only thing I've lost, knock on wood, due to a failing inventory system is a sawed off shotgun.

As above, got killed shortly after you log out, or some kind of Hive error.  Could also be you played on a Hardcore Server and switched to a Regular server or vise versa.

I've had the hive not work and keep coming up as a freshspawn. Easiest way to tell is you always spawn up in a different place. I quit for the day and the next day I had my character back, but he had lost the most recent server I'd played on, about 7 hours worth of work.

It has happend another time. I lost connection, and logged in a server that I usually use, and my character was reset. Perhaps is this server, that is bugged?