Esolu

Under Siege: My last stand against 3 bandits.

We were up by the NWAF. My girlfriend was waiting outside the building when she was killed on sight by a group of bandits. She was hiding in a bush, unseen. So they must have been following us to know where she was. 

At the time, I was clueless to the fact my mic wasn't working. I found out later that my Screaming Bee Audio driver was enabled, but I had forgotten to turn Morphvox on. Seeing they had emptied a whole magazine into my girlfriend without a word, I was mostly talking shit, fully resolved to my impending doom. I said things like how much ammo I had, and that I wasn't going down without a fight. At one point I actually yelled "YOU WANNA PLAY ROUGH,?!", in my best Tony Montana voice.

Add that to the fact I had a painted Mosin, which was bugged, only allowing me to chamber one bullet at a time. Things couldn't have been any worse.

I gave them a run for their money though.

Enjoy!

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 2

very unlucky about the mosin bug, you wouldve done well if it had worked properly. Props for not logging and fighting to the end.

As if you fought with a weapon from the napoleonic era. :D

Not really, but I do have that kind of weapon (in game) and yeah hitting a head at a very long range sucks without a scope attachment, but at his range, he should have gotten those bandits and made them run.

very unlucky about the mosin bug, you wouldve done well if it had worked properly. Props for not logging and fighting to the end.

Thanks man. I feel it would have been a much better fight on my end if not for the bugged Mosin. I think this also ties into the next question, as I feel I would have used Iron Sights if I didn't have to constantly go back and reload one bullet.

Why didn't you go into iron sights? You would have hit them.

Good question, and I agree. It was a conscious decision in a very stressful situation. I feel my head may have been too exposed, as I would have had to move up. At the same time, watching back the video, I can see how my bullets weren't going where I wanted them to. I thought I had enough clearance. It's just one of those things in a DayZ combat situation. You make decisions for means of survival. Sometimes they are not always good.

For the record, I do play Hardcore servers only. My girlfriend likes the increased FPS in 3PP, and her eyes don't hurt as much. But I've converted her recently. :)

Edited by Esolu

Man, it must be weird playing dayz with the 'missus' Im always on at my woman to play if I can muster up the cash to build another PC so we can play together. The reason being I always play as the bloody hero, I cant bring myself to KOS. Put my missus into the equation though, & Im sure it would change me as a player. Protecting the missus would be a total game changer for me.

• Like 1

ADS ADS ADS

Aim Down Sights!!!!!!!!!!

You could have smoked them all on that first corner easy... what kind of man leaves his woman in a bush outside

Man, it must be weird playing dayz with the 'missus' Im always on at my woman to play if I can muster up the cash to build another PC so we can play together. The reason being I always play as the bloody hero, I cant bring myself to KOS. Put my missus into the equation though, & Im sure it would change me as a player. Protecting the missus would be a total game changer for me.

It changes everything. I brings an extra sense of anxiety into the fray. A deep rooted protective instinct kicks in. It's weird.

ADS ADS ADS

Aim Down Sights!!!!!!!!!!

You could have smoked them all on that first corner easy... what kind of man leaves his woman in a bush outside

Yes, I know. But with my bugged Mosin, I felt switching to and fro would have gotten me killed sooner.

Furthermore, let me tell you something about my gf; she makes her own decisions. I find myself asking her to stay back most times, and she won't. I ask her not to do something, and she does. More often than not, her instinct has saved our asses. I've seen her execute bandits, ruthlessly, with vile commentary only reserved for sailors. In the above video, she wanted to be a sentry while I quickly looted.

I don't ask her to do things anymore. I feel more like Leonidas when he gets the nod from his wife to kick the courier into the pit. She makes the decisions. Except in combat situations. It has taken time for this playstyle to evolve, and it wasn't easy. But we manage, and we're a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 1

I still can't see why you weren't using your sights. Saying I didn't want to switch back and forth doesn't make sense. Its a right click. Its cool that you stuck around instead of logging out, though. Props for that.

Nice music.

3rd person server! Man, try a first, you'll get used to not seeing your character, it's totally worth it. If you don't see them, they don't see you. I bet your girlfriend would miss the character tho.

I still can't see why you weren't using your sights. Saying I didn't want to switch back and forth doesn't make sense. Its a right click. Its cool that you stuck around instead of logging out, though. Props for that.

I know it's right click. I made a conscious decision to not do it in the heat of the battle. I know it wasn't the best decision, but it seemed like it was at the time.

In that moment I wasn't sure if one them was just going to come up shooting after their friend laid down some covering fire. So I would have been constantly switching back and forth as I reloaded another bullet. A precious second wasted switching when I could be pressing tab and reloading. Which is exactly what I did in the video. It just felt safer to stay in 3PP. I guarantee you that if my Mosin wasn't bugged, I would have been aiming down the sights the whole time. I wouldn't have cared to be exposed because the gun would reload on it's own and I had a major upper hand.

I guess you just had to be there with a bugged Mosin, and decide for yourself.

Nice music.

3rd person server! Man, try a first, you'll get used to not seeing your character, it's totally worth it. If you don't see them, they don't see you. I bet your girlfriend would miss the character tho.

I have played exclusively on First Person servers since their inception in the Standalone. All my other videos are in Hardcore servers. 

My girlfriend likes to play 3pp cause it's easier on her PC, and her eyes. I have been slowing converting her. :)

Edited by Esolu

I think it was only a matter of time before they caught on that you had the bugged Mosin.

If fact the guy who got you probably figured it out.

No way I would bring my girl to such a dangerous place.   

I like that you play with girlfriend! :)

But man, those shots were the baddest Ive ever seen in Dayz^^

YOu see four times a hit on the floor...

I agree with others, you should have used the iron sights.

BTW: What kind of graphics solution are you using? 1080x728p?

This is the second video I saw, where the letters are much bigger than in my game.

It was a bad decision to not use my iron sights. But a conscious one. I think you really had to be there in that moment to rationalize using the iron sights. In the heat of the moment, I felt it was right.

I like how everyone just thinks that was something easy to do. My heart was racing and I was filled with adrenaline. My Mosin was bugged. I thought I would surely die. I was only trying to stay alive.

I have 600+ hours in the mod, and 200+ hours in the Standalone. I am a jaded combat veteran. Trust me, not using the iron sights is something I deeply regret.

Still, I felt the video had some intensity to it, so I decided to upload it. I nearly trashed this footage.

It was painful watching you shooting in 3pp.

This. Especially seeing the shots hitting the top of the stairs and not where the crosshair was located. Using 1PP, there's a good chance those shots would have landed and killed. Odds are stacked way against in a 3 vs 1 situation, but downing 1-2 may have made the remaining think twice about sticking around.

Mind you, I get that in the heat of the moment rash decisions can be made or you don't think properly. I fucked up yesterday by responding to someone saying "Hello?" after I had been shot and was bleeding. In hindsight, I should have remained quiet and not alerted them to my still being alive  :rolleyes:. I'm hoping the two shotgun shells I unloaded into them as I died fucked them up somewhat so that my death wasn't totally wasteful.

Edited by Monkfish

It was a bad decision to not use my iron sights. But a conscious one. I think you really had to be there in that moment to rationalize using the iron sights. In the heat of the moment, I felt it was right.

I like how everyone just thinks that was something easy to do. My heart was racing and I was filled with adrenaline. My Mosin was bugged. I thought I would surely die. I was only trying to stay alive.

I have 600+ hours in the mod, and 200+ hours in the Standalone. I am a jaded combat veteran. Trust me, not using the iron sights is something I deeply regret.

Still, I felt the video had some intensity to it, so I decided to upload it. I nearly trashed this footage.

I wasn't attacking you and I absolutly understand, why you didn't do certain things. When adrenalin is rushing, you forget what you could do and just do things. :)

I just wanted to point it out like the many people before me, so the next time you are in such a situation, you remember us and then use the iron sights. ;)

It's painful watching it back as well. 

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions! Never once did I feel offended.

Still an amazing video, nonetheless.

He would have done well if he had used first person to shoot instead of third. You'd think he would after the first couple of shots all hitting the ground.

He would have done well if he had used first person to shoot instead of third. You'd think he would after the first couple of shots all hitting the ground.

At least two hit the bottom of the stairs.

Still, you would think someone would read all the replies I made in this thread about this exact issue since you seem so upset about it.

Really, loading the chamber each time was heart attack inducing. I wanted to keep a clear eye on the stairs. I couldn't properly do that with just one bullet in first person. I felt I would have exposed myself and died. It's really not that hard to picture, if you have had combat experience. Put yourself in my shoes, adrenaline pumped and not thinking right.

And thanks again to those who see the situation for what it is, and that I didn't combat log. Rather than just complaining about the use of iron sights.

Edited by Esolu