Sign in to follow this  
serenejay

Fishing & farming

Fishing and farming  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see fishing and farming in the game?

Edit** Fishing and farming confirmed http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/wiki/endgame

Hi Dayzdev team / everyone

I was wondering if you've considered adding fishing or farming to the game?

I think this would be a great addition to keep people amused rather than just running around killing everything they see.. Some of the lakes look awesome..

Would be great if you could wander off into the wilderness & do a spot of fishing or grow your own food to some degree (maybe when base building is implemented.

Would love to know if something like this is planned somewhere down the road

Edited by serenejay

Awesome man.. how do you know?

I know farming may be alittle involved though it still plays a role in a survival setting.

I would love to see farming. Or at least the option to harvest some fruits in nature. Maybe wheat, which can be grinded to flour.

Fishing is explicitly mentioned in Reddit's List of confirmed features.

As I said i'm not sure about farming, I can't find it there.

But I agree it would be a nice feature. Not too hard to implement, you could build "fields" the same way you can set up tents and other stuctures. Then you need to search farms to find seeds to combine them and then you'd have to wait a couple weeks until you can harvest... I don't know... Corn or potatoes maybe?

edit:

Ok, found it. Farming and harvesting lifestock are also already confirmed.

Thus you don't need to worry, both things will make it into the game at some point.

Edited by DerDuderich
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link Derduderich

I know there's greenhouses etc dotted around the map, pumpkin gardens as well as orchards. I'm sure these could be used somehow also. Maybe more abundant berry picking. But definitely.. especially when each server population increases, it's difficult to come by food

Edited by serenejay

I voted both yes and no.

I really don't care if it'll be implemented or not. If they implement it, I'll use it. If not, I don't care.

Fishing I can see, as there is an immediate feedback to it. You either catch a fish or you don't.

TBH, I don't see anything similar for farming. Agriculture and animal husbandry are v. time intensive and apart from making something extremely 'gamey' I don't see it as fitting into the overall feel of DayZ. If it were more along the lines of hunting/gathering then yes, I'm all for that. Actually having to 'farmville' in DayZ, I'd rather not, thanks.

don´t really care, but it would be nice.

It's THIS thread again

Ok, so once again

It takes about 3 weeks to 6 months for a regular plant to grow. DayZ is a real-time game with 24hours night/day cycle etc. If you want to keep it this way you would have to sit there for months waiting for your plant to grow, unless we create fake plants that grow in 4-5 hours

It's THIS thread again

Ok, so once again

It takes about 3 weeks to 6 months for a regular plant to grow. DayZ is a real-time game with 24hours night/day cycle etc. If you want to keep it this way you would have to sit there for months waiting for your plant to grow, unless we create fake plants that grow in 4-5 hours

No. DayZ is not a real life game.

• A serious wound takes weeks to heal, in DayZ it heals within half an hour.
  • Nobody can sprint endlessly without getting tired.
  • Charachters would have to sleep.
  • Character would have to have sex or masturbate.
  • You need to ake dumps regularely
  • You need special training to operate a gun
  • There is NO zombie apocalypsis

Why don't you guys get it? It is a GAME and NOT a simulation and it will NEVER be "real" or similar to "reality", so it's no problem if palnt would grow in a week or two...

Edited by DerDuderich
  • Like 1

No. DayZ is not a real life game.

• A serious wound takes weeks to heal, in DayZ it heals within half an hour.
  • Nobody can sprint endlessly without getting tired.
  • Charachters would have to sleep.
  • Character would have to have sex or masturbate.
  • You need to ake dumps regularely
  • You need special training to operate a gun
  • There is NO zombie apocalypsis

Why don't you guys get it? It is a GAME and NOT a simulation and it will NEVER be "real" or similar to "reality", so it's no problem if palnt would grow in a week or two...

^ this, although.

I do like my dayZ realistic, but not to the point where I have to wait four months for a carrot.

My opinion is fishing yes, farming no but some harvesting food yes cause its obviously autumn.

"both confirmed" hell yeah :D

farming,fishing,hunting and bacon.

after that we can kill zombies with our beards 

Fishing yes, farming no. There is a lot of apple farms and we see a lot of pumpkins all over the place, maybe just be able to eat them.