Sign in to follow this  
Kukui

Put "No KOS" in your server title please!

If you do not want/allow KOS on your server, put it in the title. I can't tell you how many servers I have joined, that say nothing of the sort, and then in the chat box, it says "NO KOS" AFTER you have joined, causing you to play on a server you don't want to be on, or wait another 5min to change server.

I for one and going to KOS on any server I join if it does not state it in the title. If you ban me from your server, so be it.

You can KOS all you want. They can't ban you for it, well they can - but they're not allowed to do so.

• Like 8

If you get banned for killing someone report the server, no server can be PVE or against any sort of KOS.

If they kick you they should loose their server. Simple.

• Like 1

If you do not want/allow KOS on your server, put it in the title. I can't tell you how many servers I have joined, that say nothing of the sort, and then in the chat box, it says "NO KOS" AFTER you have joined, causing you to play on a server you don't want to be on, or wait another 5min to change server.

I for one and going to KOS on any server I join if it does not state it in the title. If you ban me from your server, so be it.

PLEASE!

DO WHAT THAT MAN SAYS!!!

Killing people on "no KoS" servers... oh boy... it's as if every life I take counts as a hundred instead of 1!

• Like 5

its´not allowed to forbid things like kos or only pve (also do nothing, only loot zzzZZzZZ). the game lives through the playstile from any player. not from rules, it´s a zombie apocalypse. not a holliday island simulator. show me 1 zombie game, or 1 game in a apocalypse szenario without any pvp or killing armed/not infected npc´s.

Edited by MrNobody82

Considering having "No Kos" in your server title means jackshit, because you can't stop players from playing the way they want, and you can't ban them for kosing. So go into those "No Kos" servers, and start fucking up every person you see. But don't forget the server name, in case the asshat of an owner decides to ban you. Then report his server.

• Like 2

.. no kos.. please .. if you don't want to die in pvp just don't play the game. simple. Dayz is meant to be a hardcore survival game which by nature INCLUDES pvp. I go to servers that have "no pvp" or "no kos" written in the title to find Electro the biggest bandit-fest ever. Tell me which server you join so I can shoot your legs out and leave you to crawl around. kthxbai. 

There are sub-private hive servers which can ban you though. They have 99.99% permission to do whatever they want on there server. :P

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

its´not allowed to forbid things like kos or only pve (also do nothing, only loot zzzZZzZZ). the game lives through the playstile from any player. not from rules, it´s a zombie apocalypse. not a holliday island simulator. show me 1 zombie game, or 1 game in a apocalypse szenario without any pvp or killing armed/not infected npc´s.

Left 4 Dead tssk tssk.

It's incredibly fun to kill at the "NO BANDITS PLEASE" server. :D

Hello there

At this time one is not allowed to ban for KoS etc. The rules are very strict on this.

So there's little point an a hoster putting it in their title unless they like to promote that attitude through some sense of sportsmanship. If the Admin bans then he is breaking the T&C and that's a nono.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Not allowed to have "No KOS" in your servers name, that's why they don't do it.

Also you cannot be banned/kicked for KoS, as that is against the server owner rules.

So honestly do what everyone else said and kill people anyways, they can't do anything about it.

There are sub-private hive servers which can ban you though. They have 99.99% permission to do whatever they want on there server. :P

Nope.

Incorrect.

Had to do quite some searching, but this feature is NOT YET ACTIVE.

Support has been added to server files towards these features for FUTURE USE, but currently inactive.

I think they took the whole "No KoS" out of the title, because it just made the server a target for griefers who know the aren't allowed to be kicked for it.

They are trying to attract a "nicer crowd" but the fact of the matter once geared they will play their next session on a different server, so maybe its a nice way of saying please let us gear up cos I don't know how to be sneeky.

Nope.

Incorrect.

Had to do quite some searching, but this feature is NOT YET ACTIVE.

Support has been added to server files towards these features for FUTURE USE, but currently inactive.

Well, I am talking about them in general. When they are active (Thought they were already but guess not) they can do whatever they want.

Unortunately (as the posts here clearly show) most people don´t respect this.

In personal i have nothing against PVP But it would be nice if people

would respect the server rules (will not happen).

I mean if you like pvp feel free to kill as many people as you want in one of the countless

pvp servers.

But as said most people will never respect this.

There are too much a§§holes playing this game who think that if you don´t like their style

of play you shouldn´t play at all.

Sad but true.

• Like 1

Unortunately (as the posts here clearly show) most people don´t respect this.

In personal i have nothing against PVP But it would be nice if people

would respect the server rules (will not happen).

I mean if you like pvp feel free to kill as many people as you want in one of the countless

pvp servers.

But as said most people will never respect this.

There are too much a§§holes playing this game who think that if you don´t like their style

of play you shouldn´t play at all.

Sad but true.

Oh shizzzzz guys! The playstyle police is here!!!

You are NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE RULES for your servers.

Not on public hive, which is the ONLY ONE AVAILABLE now.

Until that changes... allow me to quote Eric Cartman.

"Wha'eva, wha'eva, I do wha' I wa'!"

Oh shizzzzz guys! The playstyle police is here!!!

You are NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE RULES for your servers.

Not on public hive, which is the ONLY ONE AVAILABLE now.

Until that changes... allow me to quote Eric Cartman.

"Wha'eva, wha'eva, I do wha' I wa'!"

So you are not allowed to have rules on private servers...

So what?

Does that mean that i have to ruin the fun of some players who simple

want to have a server where they help  each other instead of 

KOS each other?

I mean if i want PVP there are countless servers where this is indeed very welcome...

Would it be so hard to leave the few people who want to play this game a little different alone?

So what?

KOS each other?

I mean if i want PVP there are countless servers where this is indeed very welcome...

Would it be so hard to leave the few people who want to play this game a little different alone?

I am doing them a service by bringing the ACTUAL game to them!

If there is no fear or emotion in this game, you're probably playing it wrong and being ROBBED of the essential experience that makes DayZ a UNIQUE game.

That said... be the character you want. Play the way you want to play.

But dont you DARE dictate to me what I can or cannot, should or should not, do in a SANDBOX SURVIVAL game - with DEATH being the literal heartbeat of the entire experience.

Up and until the DEVELOPERS tell me what I can or cannot do, I will do whatever there is to do, indiscriminately.

• Like 2

I am doing them a service by bringing the ACTUAL game to them!

If there is no fear or emotion in this game, you're probably playing it wrong and being ROBBED of the essential experience that makes DayZ a UNIQUE game.

That said... be the character you want. Play the way you want to play.

But dont you DARE dictate to me what I can or cannot, should or should not, do in a SANDBOX SURVIVAL game - with DEATH being the literal heartbeat of the entire experience.

Up and until the DEVELOPERS tell me what I can or cannot do, I will do whatever there is to do, indiscriminately.

Maybe they want to get to know the game and learn the basics without being shot by every random lunatic they run into?

How do you dare dictating them they cannot do this?

Why can't you people just defend yourselves when attacked? My god you'd think this was baby's first survival game...

Because i CHOOSE NOT TO play that way.

CHOOSE.

CHOICE.

EDIT: while were in your mindset... if NOBODY shoots on sight... who would you need to defend yourself from?!

While were in that thought, that means you dont NEED a gun.

In fact, all you NEED to kill zombies (which is then the only threat left) is your fists.

So, following your train of thought... delete all weapons, gear, everything except water...

And then, while were at it...

Go ahead and rename it:

Zombie Boxing: Chernarus

Edited by Wheunis

So what?

KOS each other?

I think the point your missing is that there is no private server's right now, The primary reason everyone who rents a server is forced to comply with the terms and conditions is to prevent unbalanced things such as a players loot farming then jumping to a different server, griefing until he's kill then just loot farming again to get their guns back.

Once Private hive's become available, what you do will not affect the public servers as when you switch to them you'll be given a new character.

Until the private hive are up and running all renters MUST abide by the rule's to keep the game fair for everyone.

CHOOSE.

CHOICE.

So because YOU choose not to play this way means that all other people have to play like you too?

Sorry but where is the CHOICE for other people if you start to KOS everyone on a server where

people clearly state that this is not welcome?

CHOOSE.

CHOICE.

EDIT: while were in your mindset... if NOBODY shoots on sight... who would you need to defend yourself from?!

While were in that thought, that means you dont NEED a gun.

In fact, all you NEED to kill zombies (which is then the only threat left) is your fists.

So, following your train of thought... delete all weapons, gear, everything except water...

And then, while were at it...

Go ahead and rename it:

Zombie Boxing: Chernarus

Well, those people chose to play nice and keep PvP to a minimum and also ask other people to be nice and not KoS on their server.

There is nothing wrong with that ... except KoS-ppl not letting them have this choice, instead forcing the KoS-playstyle on them.

• Like 1