anglo (DayZ)

Server admins killing this game.

So many servers are kicking everyone who is not in their clan or one of their friends and so many servers are advertised as no pvp and kick you if you kill anyone.

Yes and i know many will say report them to the server hosts, but i have done this a few times and they respond, but the same servers are still up and running weeks later with no change.

I think the server hosts dont care and are reluctant to turn away paying customers.

Dayz needs to have private servers/private hives like the mod so at least there wont be any loot farmers and we all know where we stand.

• Like 3

Report the servers again..

Private hives will be implemented eventually.

There will be private hives, and actually even with private hives your STILL going to have that SAME problem your having now.

There will be private hives, and actually even with private hives your STILL going to have that SAME problem your having now.

Yes but at least we know the rules before and they cannot farm their own server in safety and them kill people on other servers with their uber easily farmed guns/loot/food/medicine.

Server providers typically run on a "3 strike" type rule. For going against the terms t by the DayZ team the server will warn the individual, typically with a server shutdown for 24-48 hours. After a second and third report they will then shut down the server. The simple solution to this is to join a server that is defaulted or join one that doesn't say "join and insta-ban". There are plenty of servers put there which allow for solid gameplay.

While I agree that we need private hives I dont think we will see them until beta or close to release. Keeping the hives restricted to third/first person allows the development team to get good feedback on patches, changes, etch.

Cheating admins and their friends wont be able to take their farmed loot onto other servers when private hives are in.

Cheating admins and their friends wont be able to take their farmed loot onto other servers when private hives are in.

Well, I mean if I had my own server I would stay on it and not go anywhere else. xD 

Obviously admins have too much rights on their server...
I swear I could hear them cry having too little rights when they are paying for the hosting, obviously they want their last rights taken away because they cant play the ball.

Remove all rights from hosters apart from using their creditcard and all is well.

Edited by Zeppa

I've been kicked a few times , but whatevah. I just go to another server and shadow people somewhere else.

Over a million copies sold and Bohemia can't buy more servers on their own....that's some shit

Over a million copies sold and Bohemia can't buy more servers on their own....that's some shit

Just because they sold over a million doesn't mean they have THAT much money to put into servers. Plus, servers are VERY expensive.

Just because they sold over a million doesn't mean they have THAT much money to put into servers. Plus, servers are VERY expensive.

They're like 70 to 100 bux a month for 40 slots. I don't even know how much of a discount they would get if they got them in bulk, like 50 servers at a time. Your argument is invalid

Haven't had any problems with admins on servers. If you're silly enough to have anything to do with those moronic clans, then you kinda deserve whatever you get.

Only reason people join clans is because of the safety in numbers....and because they're generally hopeless at video games.

Personally, I think clans ruin video games. And the majority of them tend to be complete A-holes.

Edited by zaphodity

'x7i0.jpg

FROSTI....IS THAT A SSSSSSSHYAHTGUN? YOU KNOW THERE'S NO SHYAHTGUNS ON THIS DAYZ SERVER!

Well this problem will be even worse with private hives, because you won't be able to report them.

tbh, the people who don't report these abusive admins are the ones ruining the game, if you're gonna look at it that way

can't tell you how many times i've seen people make ridiculous forum threads about this rather than simply report the IP

granted, this means you generally should remember the server you join so you can look it up after it happens. It would be nice if in the future they implement a way to clear your server history, and use console commands such as "reconnect" (or retry for CS:S...whatever) etc

• Like 1

If you get insta-kicked from a server, you'll get a server hopper penalty, the best way to use that time-out is to report that server.

• Like 1

If you get insta-kicked from a server, you'll get a server hopper penalty, the best way to use that time-out is to report that server.

ha, never thought of it that way :D excellent

If you dont' like it, buy your own server?

If you don't like it, report so they get their server taken away from them :)

• Like 1

If you dont' like it, buy your own server?

sounds like something an abusive power drunk admin would say :P

Edited by DeatHTaX

ha, never thought of it that way :D excellent

Once you've reported a server and know how to do it, it takes less than 300 seconds. I've even begun adding a screenshot, just to make the report look prettier.