Sign in to follow this  
FirstTime

I am a sniper now!

I've been playing Dayz for a couple of weeks. I haven't had a lot of player interaction there (oh youtube videos, they lie! :) ). I have met a few Kill on Sight guys, and just freshly spawned newbies in spawn areas. I have also killed one or two people myself (after my first time being KOS'ed i realized it is better to avoid contact with armed players at all, or shoot first). The game for me was mostly running and looting.

But a few days ago I found my first Long Range Scope! I was excited - something new for me in this game! I abandoned my fully packed M4A1 (with laser sights, bipod, flashlight, all pristine) for Mosin. I am a sniper now!

I started wandering around cities, in a search for my first victim  :lol:  I chose cities not crowded like Electro, as I know for sure I will get killed pretty quick there. I was wandering for hours, rolling around in hills, and did not see anyone. And that is on a 40 people server!

I decided to take a risk at a more crowded place. I crouched and proned my way to the air control tower in one of the airfields.

After about a couple of hours zooming in each and every bush, I spot this dot, moving across airfield towards the hangars. It is a guy wearing just some black shirt, no backpack. He is crouched, rifle in his hands, and he is slowly crawling from one bush to another, staying there for a few seconds to check on surroundings. He can't see me - I am lying prone, observing him with third party view.

When he crossed about three quarters of the distance to the hangars, I crouch and take my Mosin in hands. My heart is pounding crazy (oh, but I thought it's just a game?) I take a first shot when he stops for a secong to look around. And it's a hit! But he's not dead, thought I see he has a major bleeding in a stomach area. He starts to rush towards the hangars. I quickly unload all bullets that are left in the Mosin, but no luck - he is still running. I reload and shoot him again. Suddenly he drops on the ground, and starts to prone - and this is on a concrete air strip, with nothing to cover him! I realize that one of the shots must broke his legs. But this guy just does not give up. He has fountains of blood streaming all over his body, but he countines to slowly crawl towards the hangar, while being shot at. I shot around 15 bullets totally (I know, I am terrible yet) but he finally managed to crawl to the safe spot out of my sight.

I went to look for him a few minutes later, but there was nor him, nor his body there.

Edited by FirstTime
  • Like 1

Probably logged or his body despawned before you got there. I think the body despawn timer is at 10 mins.

I've been playing Dayz for a couple of weeks. I haven't had a lot of player interaction there (oh youtube videos, they lie! :) ).

(after my first time being KOS'ed i realized it is better to avoid contact with armed players at all, or shoot first).

And that, right there is why you don't meet many people.

My definition of bandit: Socially awkward people who'd rather just shoot someone for no reason at all than immerse themselves in the multiplayer aspect of the game through social interaction with other players.

You have become the very thing you hate. A bandit

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 2

Me and my friends were killed by hackers yesterday. One of the hackers has teleported to my buddy and said "It was nice teleporting to you and killing you" So go on, be a "sniper" shooting 15 bullets at 1 target, because sooner or later a hacker will find you too :D

Edited by MetapoliC

. He can't see me - I am lying prone, observing him with third party view.

That is so lame, and the fact you admit it... come play on a 3pp:off server.

• Like 2

That is so lame, and the fact you admit it... come play on a 3pp:off server.

Condsidering he is somewhat new he probably doesn't know all the hardcore dayzers frow upon 3pp.

No beans for you.

I'm happy that you play on 3PP, though. Don't worry about those that say playing on 3PP is lame. It's actually really cool. Keep doing it, you're doing a great job.

• Like 1

My journey continues!

The next day I enter the game in the same spot and a few minutes later see someone running at the edge of the airfield. I get excited, as it may be an opportunity to practice my poor sniper rifle shooting skill! A few seconds later I notice there is a second guy following him, and other, and another one! This is a group of 5 people. They are approaching carefully, running along the perimeter of the airfield behind the fence.

I get nervous, because although I clearly have a better position, well, they are a team of 5, and they are all armed. They wear masks, cowboy hats and bright clothes.

The first two of the bandits(?) approached the hangars and started looting them. When the first one comes out of the hangar I make a first shot. And it's a miss! (yes, see the first picture in this thread). They all immediately become aware of my position and take cover. Two hide in the hangars, and three, who had not yet come to the hangars, start sneaking in the forest behind the hangars, where they will have a better sight of my position. When one of the forest group sits still for a few seconds (presumably, he was checking something in his backpack), I shoot him. This time it is finally a hit, he drops dead right on the spot. My first one shot one kill! They start shooting at me (the first two join the rest). I just lie there still.

After a couple of minutes they chill a bit, probably thinking they got me. One of them approaches his dead friend to take some loot from him. Bad idea! It is where I make my second kill. Anyway, I managed to kill three of them, and wound one. Those that survived flee the area.

So far it goes well, and you can expect more noob sniper stories (and bodies) to come! :lol:

TL;DR: newbie sniper scores his first 3 kills

Edited by FirstTime

So far it goes well, and you can expect more noob sniper stories (and bodies) to come! :lol:

Please don't.

They wear masks, cowboy hats and bright clothes.

The first two of the bandits(?)

Those guys don't sound like the type of bandits ive been running into, and they're not the ones camping out with a sniper and writing stories about murdering the first people they see. :)

• Like 1

Why hate on him for playing the game his way? The game is essentially a pvp game at this point. If you think it's about looting with your friends then you have a greater boredom resilience than me. I can find everything good I need in a couple of hours..... Then what? you go shoot other people, that's what. It's not like zombies are a threat yet. If you want to socialize go play the sims. I say keep sniping bud, I enjoyed reading about it. The developer didn't include long range scopes for running and gunning, and if people don't like it they should be more cautious or avoid army bases and high pop areas. Also if people feel that they are better than you for using fpp (i only play hardcore before you hate on me) they should get therapy for there small penis issues and get over it. 

yes ..your stories are very entertaining! don't think about what the dayzmodgang posts on here. they don't matter...

When the first one comes out of the hangar I make a first shot. And it's a miss!

When one of the forest group sits still for a few seconds (presumably, he was checking something in his backpack), I shoot him. This time it is finally a hit, he drops dead right on the spot. My first one shot one kill!

Ummmm, it wasn't 1 shot 1 kill because you admitted to missing the first shot on the other guy.

Let's try 2 shots 1 kill, mkay?

you might be reading this all wrong "stupid 1337 name" ..you know, one shot one kill" could be referring to a "headshot"...

Lol hey it's mssing, you know someone accused you of violating server owner ToS?

I haven't seen any evidence to support it... yet.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8624

i don't usually kick ..i restart... but then there is this particular player and his buddy with a very bad habit of glitching through walls ..anyway. who gives a shit. it is a fucking alpha...