Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Mauser K98 Rifle

Mauser K98  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like To See Te Mauser Karabiner 98 As A Rifle In DayZ?

The Karabiner 98 Kurz is a German Bolt Action rifle chambered for the 7.92x57mm Mauser Cartridge. This rifle was adopted in 1935 as the standard service rifle by the German Wehrmacht. It was one of the final developments in a long line of Mauser Military Rifles. Although supplemented by Semi- and Fully Automatic weapons, it remained the primary German service rifle until the wend of World War Two. Millions of these rifles were captured by the Soviet Army and spread as military aid widely. The Karabiner 98k therefore appears in times of conflict as they are taken out of storage in times of strife.

450px-Kar_98K_-_AM.021488.jpg

330px-Kar_98K_-_AM.033696.jpg

Civil use:

The Karabiner 98K rifles that were used by the German Nazi Army during World War II are highly sought after as collector's items in many circles. The Mauser K98 remains popular among many rifle enthusiasts and many military rifle collectors due to the rifle's historic background, as well as the availability of both new and surplus ammunition. as of 2010, the K98 rifles that were captured by the Soviet Russian Army and refurbished in the 1940's and 1950's have appeared in large numbers on the military surplus market. Becoming popular with American and Canadian buyers. 

The widespread availability of the Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz meant that it quickly gained popularity with Civilian riflemen. When German hunters were allowed to own Fullbore rifles again, they began to rearm themselves with Wehrmacht rifles.

Didn't they already show off pics of both the model and a player in game with one?

Link now or lies

It fits the setting and would suit the game well and anyone who says "no" probably doesn't know what they're talking about.

Link now or lies

Looked like a Gewehr 98 to me.

e3Lon9q.png

Edited by Gews

Looks like it has the raised rear sights so yeah that'd be a Gewehr 98, Pre-WW2 where all the rifles were standardized to the 98k standard other than the sniper platforms.

Though I dislike in the OP's description that this weapon was used by Germany through WW1 and through WW2. Also millions of these weapons were gift to Isreal upon its inception as a country following WW2 with all german markings ground out. So there are a few varieties floating around. Not to mention the ones Mauser sold to other nations. Namely Spain, Argentina, and Brazil all making massive purchases in the early 1900's.

Looks like it has the raised rear sights so yeah that'd be a Gewehr 98, Pre-WW2 where all the rifles were standardized to the 98k standard other than the sniper platforms.

Though I dislike in the OP's description that this weapon was used by Germany through WW1 and through WW2. Also millions of these weapons were gift to Isreal upon its inception as a country following WW2 with all german markings ground out. So there are a few varieties floating around. Not to mention the ones Mauser sold to other nations. Namely Spain, Argentina, and Brazil all making massive purchases in the early 1900's.

The description came off Wikipedia, tons of countries had these rifles not just Isreal and Germany

It fits the setting and would suit the game well and anyone who says "no" probably doesn't know what they're talking about.

Looked like a Gewehr 98 to me.

e3Lon9q.png

Look very nice, looks like the mauser they used in World war one

Look very nice, looks like the mauser they used in World war one

Oh - that reminds me - if we see the rifle in that picture I hope they don't turn down the bolts on all of them (again) just so it can have optics mounted - would have been better to model the K98k in the first place if they wanted that.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

If anything, a M1903 Springfield rifle should be added. Those rifles are extremely fun to shoot, and I think they'd show up in Chernarus because of how popular they are as recreational firearms.

Thank you Gews for saving me the trouble of trying to slog through a shitton of posts to find 2 pictures, I know the model picture is around somewhere just not sure where to dig it up.