Killicon

How does this Happen? Bug or Glitch? Sneaky Bastard

Last night one of my team mates and I are at the Northeastern airfield. We are in the most west building next to the ATC. After entering the building my partner and I did a through clearing of the building. I proceeded to cover the door concealed by the corner of the wall at the base of the stairs and my teammate located in the 1st floor hall just behind the stairs accessing his gear. The next thing we know we are both unconscious, no shots fired and no typical "Login Reload" sounds. So now I'm pissed, I can hear a players movements around me, I figured probably looting my gear, the sneaky little bastard, lol!. Then the next thing I know, I'm coming to and the sneaky little bastard is running around "glitch" halfway in the floor in front of me, where I proceeded to empty my 30 round clip through the back of his head!! Revenge is sooo SWEET! :)

My question is, is there any KNOWN "bug/glitch" that lets someone access the buildings somehow through the walls?    

Spawn in with nothing in hand and pistol in bag makes no spawn in noise i think.

• Like 1

I am sure there are lots of bugs known to people and I am convinced there are some people out there still using aim-bots and other dirty tricks to "play" the game with.  

An example: I have a habit of logging out in low value houses, places where people rarely go, mostly because I have to log out quickly sometimes with next to no warmning, and if I am in a city, i simply don't have time to run to a forest.... but that is besides the point, I logged back in (hardcore server) to a house I had logged out inside of and was happy to see that the doors were still closed, I felt fairly safe since there was no one around, and if anyone did turn up, then I would be able to hear them coming up the stairs, it was one of those big red ones (similar to the big green ones).  and I began to sort my inventory out since I was in a safe-ish spot and had time.  after a few minutes of this I heard zombies agroing in the distance, within a few more minutes I heard someone enter the house...  I decided to stay quiet and wait, weapon trained on the doorway.  Keep in mind I had not moved at all, made no noise, or done anything that could possibly have given my position away.  the door opens and no one comes in..  then after about 10 seconds the guy side steps into the room and one-shots me in the face (I briefly saw the red hit particle before the black screen dead centre of my screen).

Now, no one is that good.  how did this happen?  I'm not exactly pissed off, apart from the fact that I can't help but think "aim-bot"  he knew I was there, not just that I was in the room, but exactly where in the room, and he hit me dead centre in the face....

I don't understand why anyone would play like this, surely it kills the entuire concept of the game, no stress, you can see hiddden enemies, loot and zombies no matter wherew they hide...  it's like playing minesweeper and being able to see what each square is before you click it.. pointless.

I am sure there are lots of bugs known to people and I am convinced there are some people out there still using aim-bots and other dirty tricks to "play" the game with.  

An example: I have a habit of logging out in low value houses, places where people rarely go, mostly because I have to log out quickly sometimes with next to no warmning, and if I am in a city, i simply don't have time to run to a forest.... but that is besides the point, I logged back in (hardcore server) to a house I had logged out inside of and was happy to see that the doors were still closed, I felt fairly safe since there was no one around, and if anyone did turn up, then I would be able to hear them coming up the stairs, it was one of those big red ones (similar to the big green ones).  and I began to sort my inventory out since I was in a safe-ish spot and had time.  after a few minutes of this I heard zombies agroing in the distance, within a few more minutes I heard someone enter the house...  I decided to stay quiet and wait, weapon trained on the doorway.  Keep in mind I had not moved at all, made no noise, or done anything that could possibly have given my position away.  the door opens and no one comes in..  then after about 10 seconds the guy side steps into the room and one-shots me in the face (I briefly saw the red hit particle before the black screen dead centre of my screen).

Now, no one is that good.  how did this happen?  I'm not exactly pissed off, apart from the fact that I can't help but think "aim-bot"  he knew I was there, not just that I was in the room, but exactly where in the room, and he hit me dead centre in the face....

I don't understand why anyone would play like this, surely it kills the entuire concept of the game, no stress, you can see hiddden enemies, loot and zombies no matter wherew they hide...  it's like playing minesweeper and being able to see what each square is before you click it.. pointless.

I agree with you Daringd, These guys that use "Cheats" are just scum bags and rune the fun of the game. I enjoy this game because it does have a quite larger learning curve and when you've survived a drawn out battle, you've really accomplished something. What's the point in "Cheats"? No skill involved, whats the accomplishment? They cheated and killed me like a no skill Puss... or they fight me like a man and if they win! Congratz! NOW they've accomplished something...

I agree with you Daringd, These guys that use "Cheats" are just scum bags and rune the fun of the game. I enjoy this game because it does have a quite larger learning curve and when you've survived a drawn out battle, you've really accomplished something. What's the point in "Cheats"? No skill involved, whats the accomplishment? They cheated and killed me like a no skill Puss... or they fight me like a man and if they win! Congratz! NOW they've accomplished something...

Because they aren't going for the thrill of the win.  They are doing it to piss people off.  Same thing as the cocksuckers who do DDoS attacks.  They get their kicks from preventing people playing games.

Do you play on 3rd person servers? Yes could of been a hack but at the same time could just of been some 3PP usage.

My question is, is there any KNOWN "bug/glitch" that lets someone access the buildings somehow through the walls?

Yes. The camo buildings and the ATC apparently have glitch areas ... as do the firehouses, so losers will get in there. Also, the hangars at NEAF have a glitch where people can sit under the floor towards the rear. It's always chancy going to that airfield on a full server, because those glitch spots are almost always occupied, and you can't tell either way. I was there with a couple of guys. One on overwatch from sniper hill, me from the other end of the runway, while the third was looting. He was shot at by invisible people next to the ATC, neither of us on overwatch heard the shots (m4) save through skype. Then he was killed running between the hangars. There was no cover where we wouldn't have seen them. It happens. Douchenozzles will be douchenozzles.

I

Do you play on 3rd person servers? Yes could of been a hack but at the same time could just of been some 3PP usage.

Nah, I was on hardcore, I'm not saying he definatly used a cheat...  he could be an amazing shot and he could have been clearing every room before entering, but it just seems a little unlikely...  anyway, we live and learn.

Yeah, I've been killed by under-hanger-campers before too at NEA.  I think these things will get fixed, they just need to raise the level of the floor under it so the hanger sits flush like on NWA and Balota, no biggy, I tend to stay well away from Militray spawns now the SKS is popping up in civi areas.

There are, however a couple of amazing places where you can hide that are not glitches, dark spots that no one ever checks,  There really is no need to glitch through walls and floors to spoil people's day and I have no real problem with getting killed fair and square, even if the other person is being a complete bastard, sure I smash my hands down on the desk and  scream at the screen for a few minutes, followed by a few days of sporadic pangs of anger and lurching sobs of anguish, but that's the game, phasing through walls into glitch zones is not.  Douchenozzles... I like that, but i still prefer Douchecanoe.

Spawn in with nothing in hand and pistol in bag makes no spawn in noise i think.

I'll have to give that a try. I've been just unloading my weapons before logout then I load em again after I fully load to the server or when I feel safe enough to make some noise.

Guys we all agree that cheaters are scumbags.  But that does nothing.  We must point out to the developers that they are ruining this fucking game.  We must band together and Tell Rocket and company to take some fucking pride in their game instead allowing this anal rape by 12 year olds of Dayz playing experience.   

you can glitch through the walls in the police building. thats what happend i think.

I

Nah, I was on hardcore, I'm not saying he definatly used a cheat...  he could be an amazing shot and he could have been clearing every room before entering, but it just seems a little unlikely...  anyway, we live and learn.

Yeah, I've been killed by under-hanger-campers before too at NEA.  I think these things will get fixed, they just need to raise the level of the floor under it so the hanger sits flush like on NWA and Balota, no biggy, I tend to stay well away from Militray spawns now the SKS is popping up in civi areas.

Yeah, I believe that the devs are aware of all of these glitches. I'm confident they'll all be addressed.

The office buildings (schools) spawn all primaries, too. I've found every gun in the game, except maybe the new blaze deal (yet), in an office. Also, there are some military buildings that are less traveled. The Camo building on Bashnya, the southern one in NWAF, and the one down in the buildings outside of Cherno (can't remember which it is ... not Dubky, I think). NEAF is the new NWAF, apparently. The first few weeks of the game no one was there. Now it seems, with all of the spawns up on the east coast, and Svetloyarsk, it's a popular place.

Probably not an aimbot, but likely he was using the cheats that shows a players name and their distance from you, maybe even their facing. I'm not sure about the last one. If someone knows where you are in a room and have a great frame rate, they can make that shot quite easily.

Also, on a side note, there were plenty of times when playing GR on the PC where I just managed to luck out and finish a lean around a corner with my crosshairs right over someone's face. When you play a game long enough you really start to be able to, almost subconsciously, predict where a player's hiding spot will be and where to start your lean.

In your scenario, I would bet on the a name tag cheat as it sounded like he went gunning for your house as soon as you logged in. I've experienced seemingly the same thing before. 

Edited by JubeiDOK