Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

Did You Guys Get To See The Two New Military Helmets?

The blue UN one i would more than likely wear with the press vest. But these are definitely more modern combat helms. The ones that cost you about 469 dollars if you buy them legit.

What do you guys think? Just check the developers tracker if you haven't seen them yet.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174048-twitter-ctorchia-finallybeen-wanting-to-get-around-to-this-i-call-the-one-on-the-right-kos-appeal-dayz-merica-httptcohpce0yi/

Not sure how much more or less protection they will add though compared to the ones we currently have in game.

Edited by Deathlove

the KOS appeal ( UN) got me thinking the hero clothing threads no one mentions them as being well hero attire i thought it would have been suggested a stand out helm (and the berret)  being blue non camo that is from a peace keeping group that it would become the standard??

Looks like the exact same helmet just with different paintjobs. Probably be able to find the UN one, and paint the regular one green or black.

Still patiently waiting for the Russian steel pots to show up.

The current helm we have is not the exact same thing though at least from what iv seen though ill look again. Looking forward to the peace keeper blue though!

Not in the experimental but this are to come in this new patch next week.

Tweet's from rocket:

"YES! Finally got weather sync'ing at engine level properly! Rain is going to start becoming a serious issues, affecting gameplay!"

And a response to a question someone asked:

Q: "
Cool so now we have to sit and do nothing everytime it rains. I love sitting around doing nothing in video games!"

A: "
or find a jacket. or keep moving to keep warm. or light a fire..."

So, my guess, expect fires and rain to be working soon :D

Tweeter page:

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Rain dynamics make sense. Finally a reason to stay inside during downpours and making use of things like vitamins and cold medicines.

The current helm we have is not the exact same thing though at least from what iv seen though ill look again. Looking forward to the peace keeper blue though!

Nope, exact same MICH2000 even down to the small scratches and marks on the texture. Note the little white dots under the rivet, the shape of the scuffs on the front and ear covers.

PJEUiuA.jpg

Edited by Hells High

Nope, exact same MICH2000 even down to the small scratches and marks on the texture. Note the little white dots under the rivet, the scuffs on the front and ear covers.

PJEUiuA.jpg

To be honest this should have been spray paintable from the get go.

To be honest this should have been spray paintable from the get go.

Eh it takes time to add these sorts of things in. Plus the "get go" from an in-development piece of software is the initial idea for said product. People get mad when you mention "alpha" but it literally means that the game is being built, and each thing needs to be built by an artist or a programmer and then implemented in. The lack of spraypaintable helmets doesn't reflect on laziness, it just means the artist had something more pressing to do (like new weapons and whatnot) than creating a black texture for the helmet.