PaPaFrag

Inventory dissappeared, lost, vanished

I developed my char to some degree for around 10 hours now. This morning I logged out in the harbour of Svetlojarsk.

After I logged in in the first server just before I got a warning that there is no connection to the hive and I should log out immediately.

So I did by pressing escape.

Next server I respawed but I had nothing.I picked up a ridicoulously looking school bag (girl I assume). I mean literally nothing, also no clothes. Strangely I was in the correct place where I logged off and my status was still well hydrated and well fed like in the morning.

I thought maybe thats a glitch in the server, so i logged out and took yet another one.

After the obligatory 120 secs waiting time I respawned with nothing than the school bag.

So my complete inventory seems lost but location and feeding status were preserved.

Vampires? Robbers? Hackers?

:|

I experienced that bug 3 times now, logging on a new server with the beach in my back.

I got my gear back by:

- immediately log off

- return to the server, I have been on before the one, I just got resetted on.

Voila - woke up with all my stuff.

• Like 1

Calixus, thank you for your advice, much appreciated!

I will keep a log now which server I played last, I don't trust the history tab. :P

However my well last, well stocked, inventory seems lost after three server hops.

Ah well, that's DayZ SA (alpha) :rolleyes:

How long were you playing for before you logged out? I've been told that if you only log in for a few minutes, sometimes any changes you actually make wont save to the hive. Apparently because there is a sync timer that saves periodically rather than the moment something changes, whether or not it's a feature, a bug or a temporary method of saving until they get around to come up with a permanent solution, I don't know.

It could also be that the server you moved to wasn't connected to the same hive as your previous log-in. Couldn't tell you how that works and what the criteria is for that to happen.

Hi Damocles,

well I played for well over half hour at least.

I don't think it is a problem of recent syncs, because the whole inventory was lost, that was collected over 10 hours gameplay.

That is a fully stuffed mountain backpack.

An SKS with scope, firefighter axe and stuffed clothes.

So gear that you usually not aquire in some minutes. ;)