Sign in to follow this  
tester9000

Kits

The sewing kit and weapon cleaning kit being brought in was actually a great idea but the way they currently work isn't that good and needs to be improved.

Sewing kit
· Sewing kit drop rate should be reduced to allow room for future items. Sewing kit: common > uncommon.
· Sewing kit should always spawn pristine or worn. Russians are known to be old schools and keep their little tools polished and in great conditions. Americans on the contrary, well, their tools are usually filled with webs and rust. My stepfater (American) has a 6ish year old BMW sports car and the condition he left it in is pretty bad. Scratches, web, rust, you name it. My friend's Russian father has a one of those 20ish year old cars and the condition, from what he told me is like new.
· Sewing kit has the ability to repair items to pristine at the cost of only having a few uses. I found two pristine sewing kits at some point, repaired a damaged cargo pants once, the condition is now worn. I then proceeded to repair it again, no difference. In the end, I used up both sewing kits and I still have a worn cargo pants instead of a pristine one.

Weapon cleaning kit
· Weapon cleaning kit should be renamed to weapon repair kit.
· Weapon repair kit drop rate common > uncommon.
· Weapon repair kit should always spawn pristine or worn.
· Weapon repair kit can repair or clean all sorts of weapons from axes to pistols and rifles but the uses are very limited and the process often takes time (a long animation plays).

1) New items always have an high spawn rate, and that always decreases in future patches. That's because they want those to be tested. We're testing.

Balance of items is not important now, nobody should care now.

2) The weapon cleaning kit exists, the weapon supa dupa magical repair kit that repairs also non fire weapons does not.

It should stay as it is, and when consumption of fire weapons will be active those will be useful.

Obviously animations for those actions have to be created so atm it is impossible to judge the time requested to do those actions.

Last: what a terrible bunch of stereotypes...I almost replied you using another well fitting stereotype lol.

• Like 1

1) New items always have an high spawn rate, and that always decreases in future patches. That's because they want those to be tested. We're testing.

Balance of items is not important now, nobody should care now.

2) The weapon cleaning kit exists, the weapon supa dupa magical repair kit that repairs also non fire weapons does not.

It should stay as it is, and when consumption of fire weapons will be active those will be useful.

Obviously animations for those actions have to be created so atm it is impossible to judge the time requested to do those actions.

Last: what a terrible bunch of stereotypes...I almost replied you using another well fitting stereotype lol.

Perhaps a whetstone for those bladed weapons? A stone for sharpening an axe? Stone repairs to worn, whetstone repairs to pristine, but takes twice as many crafts

Good ideas but stereotyping wont get you far in this forum.

Apart from your very broad generalisations about Russians (and Americans) you have a couple of interesting points.

I don't think a sewing kit would ever repair clothes to Pristine level - to me that means brand new...i'd say Worn would be the maximum and using a kit should only give an increase of say Badly Damaged > Damaged or Damaged > Worn etc..

Same with a weapon repair kit, could you turn a badly damaged M4 into a Pristine M4 with a repair kit?

Yeah the weapons kit screwed me before the last update. I thought "oh great weapons cleaning kit" and used it on a rifle turning ti from pristine to worn.. talk about ruining my day...

from that experience i did assume that the "new" sewing kits were going to do something similar and i didnt use it on anything till it was past "worn" to damaged or badly damaged.. least it screw that object as well >< (after all thats what the "cleaning kit did).

So yeah, it should be able to "bring up" an object to pristine i believe. if i have a Pristine cleaning /repair kit or a Pristine sewing kit, its should do just that. if my kits "worn" than thats as far up the "repair " tree i go.

Also. yes, i agree, we need Melee repair kits as well, espeically if you are going to "wear or break" melee weapons due to opening cans of food, extra. How many whacks at a zombie am I going to get in the future with a "worn" or damaged axe or shovel before it needs repairs..?