Unnamed354

[FREEWARE] DayZ Install Tool v1.61

I made a quick install tool that will update/install DayZ to the latest versions without having to copy/paste/extract anything. It will take the latest .rar files within DayZ's remote download folder and overwrite any old ones you may already have.

Updated

Updated v 1.6 -- New support for launching the ARMA II Beta with DayZ

Updated v 1.5 -- Torrent support added to keep some of the load off the DayZ file mirrors.

*To take advantage of the torrent features, please make sure you have the latest Java version(1.7) or it may not work for you.

Quick Update - Will only download new versions of files, you can use this to check if there is a new update out.

Force Update - Will download (or redownload) all current version files.

Play - Will launch the steam version of DayZ without needing to modify the launch options.

Information Below

DayZUpdater.jpg

Download:

http://www.worrom.com

Requirements

1. Latest version of Java
  2. ARMA II: Combined Operations -- Make sure you update to 1.6

FAQ

Unable to extract :

• Make sure ARMA is closed, if you try to update while ARMA is running you will get an error.

Program won't start! :

• Make sure you have the 32bit version of Java, it may not run under the 64bit version.

Unable to detect the game folder :

gamefolderror.bmp

• Make sure the path to the base ARMA II : Operation Arrowhead is correct
  • Make sure that "\" are used. "/" may cause problems.
  • The program will attempt to trim any left over spaces at the end of the path, but make sure you remove them just in-case
  • It may also help to terminate the path in a single "\"

Enjoy!

Changelog

1.6:

- New support for launching the ARMA II Beta with DayZ.

- Some fixes and future proofing

- Added a news announcement and status area formatting for better alerting users to changes and linking them to updates.

1.5:

- Torrents supported, if you want to help seed the torrent is available : here.

- The updater will now try to detect the most valid Arma II location using the registry.

1.4:

- DayZ files have grown :), had to dedicate more memory to the program to process the files correctly.

1.3:

- Pull the file list location from the internet, hopefully in the future you won't have to update the launcher to get the latest file list

- Added Quick Update / Force Update / Play buttons

1.2:

- Support for new html structure in the DayZ downloads (1.5.7)

- Added better support incase the structure changes again in the future

1.1:

- To ensure that the right folder is pointed to, it now tries to detect "ArmA2OA.exe".

- Checks current updater version against the latest posted on this site, and notifies the user if it is out of date.

- Fixed a bug where the program would add an extra '/' at the end of the path.

1.0:

- Initial upload

• Like 1

Cool BeanZ...

I have linked this page so others may profit from your work.

Thanks.

hi,

i installed Arma2, then arma 2 arrowhead, then i did ur patch to arrowhead..and when i get in the game , all servers are red X's and i cant join any . pls help

• Like 1

I was having trouble installing DayZ manually so I used your Install tool. I am getting the same message in Arma2 OA once I join a server. When I join the server it says Ive joined and then I get D/C from the server and then it says "You cannot play/edit this it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted" and then it list the DayZ files even though I installed them. Anyone have anything they know to fix that?

I was having trouble installing DayZ manually so I used your Install tool. I am getting the same message in Arma2 OA once I join a server. When I join the server it says Ive joined and then I get D/C from the server and then it says "You cannot play/edit this it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted" and then it list the DayZ files even though I installed them. Anyone have anything they know to fix that?

You're not launching as Combined Operations or the launch options are not correct. Check your launch options.

I think that the most common mistake ppl make is launching by ArmA2.exe instead of arma2oa.exe. You need to launch arma by arma2oa.exe.

Something like this:

D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@DayZ

Desktop shortcut.

done that with the shortcut...but pls tell me what am i doing wrong ...why are all the damn servers RED Xed when i try to connect

cant get it to run win7 x64

I have win7 x64 myself' date=' make sure you have the latest Java installed.

Why would I use this when I can use Sixupdater? Any advantages?

I never found Sixupdater easy to use' date=' this is simply another alternative.

I think that the most common mistake ppl make is launching by ArmA2.exe instead of arma2oa.exe. You need to launch arma by arma2oa.exe.

Something like this:

D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@DayZ

Desktop shortcut.

I can modify the program to autotmatically make shortcuts in the future.

Using this installer gives me a error as soon as it is done downloading.

http://i.imgur.com/hRzBC.png Here it is.

And underneath that it says' date=' error extracting animations

[/quote']

It looks like you have an extra "\" on the end of your folder up at the top.

Now that i'm awake I'll update the main post with some better instructions.

how do u launch as combined op ? and how do u tell if ur missing a patch

In your steam library, double click Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and it will bring up a little box and its the 4th choice it will say Launch in Combined op. click it then press play

Huzzah! I didn't have a single issue when installing Day Z, but if this can update the game for me and make my life a little bit easier then I am all for it.

Hi the updater will not let to change the destination can't highlight file path to change it anyone else having this issue? ok i found out how to change it by going into config then editing setting.properties there u can change the destination :D

RE: DayZ Install Tool v1

(05-13-2012 03:15 PM)Bissy121 Wrote: how do u launch as combined op ? and how do u tell if ur missing a patch

In your steam library, double click Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and it will bring up a little box and its the 4th choice it will say Launch in Combined op. click it then press play

thx but i dont have the games from steam , i have them from the store originally , both of them.

when i installed them they installed in different folders (does that affect it ?) and i even tryed to use 6 updater..wich seems rather complicated, but i did figure out that game version was 1.51 and i needed 1.6 to play the game..i tryed to update with tht tool and it still failed..it was still telling me its version 1.5...

so i kinda gave up and gonna wait for an official release.

:exclamation: Thanks m8! Installed it yesterday and dayz is now running smooth. Thanks for that is a great help to all of us. I have posted your link on our homepage. www.iogc.co.uk and surely most of us will use it. keep it up please!! :P

iOGC Hans_UK

I tried using this updater and all it does is sit there doing nothing. Here is the logging up to that point. Once it hits Success!, it just sits there forever and does nothing further.

Saving settings ...

Checking current ARMA II path setting...

Found ArmA2OA.exe, game folder correct.

Detecting .rar files at : http://www.armafiles.info/dayz/

===============================

Success!

I tried using this updater and all it does is sit there doing nothing. Here is the logging up to that point. Once it hits Success!' date=' it just sits there forever and does nothing further.

Saving settings ...

Checking current ARMA II path setting...

Found ArmA2OA.exe, game folder correct.

Detecting .rar files at : http://www.armafiles.info/dayz/

===============================

Success!

[/quote']

It looks like the website for the files has changed, i'll update the program tonight, but for now put in http://us.armafiles.info/ -or- http://cdn.armafiles.info/