Sign in to follow this  
TokumeiSennin

More different zombie

I know there is will be more zeds and there is various zombies already - 2 types, normal and soldier. I though about boss zed. I don't mean kill to get loot or other mmorpg things. Mostly like rare zombie which is hard to kill, more then 1 shot anyway. He/she would spawn in radnom towns/loot place. Tough one would be challange for not good armed player, risk and fight or leave and dont risk or maybe good reason to team up with someone.

I am still not sure how its will be work with future increase amount of zeds but think its would be interesting and more surival like way.

The devs don't want "Types" of zombies. The only reason that the soldier zombie is buffed over the normal one is because it is assumed that it is wearing kevlar.

The developers mostly want the zombies to be more like infected humans or psycho zombies (like the crossed ones) rather then mutant or unholy demon zombies

I wish zombies were more aggressive... even to the point of this:

• Like 1

no need. they should just be harder.

my suggestion: once they grab you, you are dead. i'd love it. your best bet would be to run when you are unarmed, and even when you are armed, you would be constantly more alert, because they would pose a serious threat. you'd start sweating when a zed runs towards you while you hold your axe; miss the strike, and you are in deep shit. it would also eliminate the need to make huge swarms of them.

then it would also make sense to spend precious bullets to zeds too, and not just save them for KoS-parties. i also think people would collaborate more then. i mean just think about it; once you are geared player, you could really start playing as a hero by saving bambies that are desperately running to you shouting to save them from zeds that are chasing them.

a lot of the much-discussed KoS "problems" are caused by the fact that there's simply nothing else to shoot than other players. zeds seem to exist just as a requisite to make the world seem post-apocalyptic, rather than to really challenge the player.

Edited by komadose

Yesterday I had to shoot military zed 3 times with my FNX before it dropped. I was wtf but I like it this way and want more zeds and that infection change when z even does light touch.

Edited by Fry76

Well there is supposed to be "types" of infected. Rocket wants a zombie life-cycle going.

So each zombie would in essence have it's own stats. According to age, decomposition ect. A fresh infected will be faster, see better, hear better and attack faster.

Compared to more decomposed infected that move slower ect.

I just hope they get it right, it would be very nice to have a mix of zombie behaviour. 

Rockets stated the current zombies are placeholders... They're working on new models currently, I just hope they bring the different fast and crawling types to mix it up.

Shouldn't the real challenge be in human interaction? I agree that Z's should path better, and you should be able to hide in a building from them, but they shouldn't be too smart IMO.

Right now they run towards you at moderate speed and lunge you when they have a shot. it's quite predicable and quite easy to dodge, but you cannot ignore it either, and especially in high populated zones (airports and such) you really should think if you're going to fight or run.

If more zombies are added, which was already said would happen, the choice to fight or run already becomes more of an issue, if they become smarter too that would take away from the human interaction.

no need. they should just be harder.

my suggestion: once they grab you, you are dead. i'd love it. your best bet would be to run when you are unarmed, and even when you are armed, you would be constantly more alert, because they would pose a serious threat. you'd start sweating when a zed runs towards you while you hold your axe; miss the strike, and you are in deep shit. it would also eliminate the need to make huge swarms of them.

I am opposite that one or we going in quality or in amount. I think player should have had chance aganist 1 zed. I don't know exacly how many zeds are planed in future but if there will be same like in mod, then its would be very hard get items, there is already low chance on loot.

there is already low chance on loot.

To be fair, that's mostly because the respawn thingy doesn't work yet.

Yeah you can see how "respawning" will relate to loot respawns in the future. I like the idea of aging zombies though, thats good. After all you should have "shufflers" and the "newely infected".. you could get 5-10 shufflers in a group.. im thinking that would be a lot of fun to try and sneak up on them an axe them all without getting whacked. I had fun yesterday, and probably had about 40 "Zeek" kills, sometimes as many as 3 attacking at once, talk about dancing. I admit i am more into this game for Zombie hunting than human killing, so it will be fun when there are more to hunt down. Still, it would be good in the future that if i "clean" an area.. i only get the odd Zombie drifting in from another territory.. rather than having them all respawn at once, which is insane if the server you are on logs you out in the middle of Zombie heavy territorywith the restarts. i had that happen, then didnt realize i logged into a night time server, and just about bled to death, swining my axe randomly around me.. it really was quite exciting ; ) .. those bastard Zeeks go straight for your head lamp and ruin it right away..