Sign in to follow this  
slappyham

Where art thou DMR?

I told myself not to read the lootmaps because I feel it would spoil the experience slightly.

BUT, I have 9 mags for the frigging DMR now, I don't want to know where anything else is, just the DMR, please :)

Thanks

Easiest place to find one? Other players, otherwise - have fun with deer stands or suicide runs in Stary Sobor.

yeah, well apart from other players. Could you be more specific? where abouts in stary sobor?

yeah' date=' well apart from other players. Could you be more specific? where abouts in stary sobor?

[/quote']

The part with the pile of bodies, you'll know you're in the right place when you die to sniper fire or random server hoppers. There's a reason it's called a "suicide run".

Yeah, I know the NW airfeild. I know people camp it. You're not some wise sage of DayZ everyone knows this lol.

Just wanted to know specific buildings the DMR might be more prevalent is all.. But nevermind.

Yeah' date=' I know the NW airfeild. I know people camp it. You're not some wise sage of DayZ everyone knows this lol.

Just wanted to know specific buildings the DMR might be more prevalent is all.. But nevermind.

[/quote']

I didn't say NW airfield, I said Stary Sobor. NW airfield is far safer than Stary, I would say.

I have only found them at downed heli's (got 2 today). But those are pretty random, although the fields around stary seem to be a common place for them.

You do know that 'where art thou' is a misquote?

Regardless, the original never meant anything like 'where are you', but actually 'why are you'.

Just clarifying so you don't make yourselves look dumb on any forum that might have a majority of intelligent people.

Regardless' date=' the original never meant anything like 'where are you', but actually 'why are you'.

Just clarifying so you don't make yourselves look dumb on any forum that might have a majority of intelligent people.

[/quote']

Nobody cares, jesus fucking christ. He's not looking "dumb", Where art thou is a common term and doesn't necessarily have to be referencing Shakespearean works. You just look like an asshole.

A common term? Are you on a server offset by 500 years per chance?

Besides, I think you mean 'phrase', not 'term'. Basic English people, get it right.

Like others, I found mine in the NW Airfield. I've also killed other player's for their DMR's. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

This loot table has everything you need.

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Any military structure, including the two barracks at NW airfield, and crashed helos, have a chance to spawn them.

IMHO, safest way to find the DMR is to search deer stands. Find an area that has a tight clump of them and get to work.

I found 2 of them in the fire stations at Cherno and Elektro.

Since the absolutely stupid introduction of Wire Fencing, good luck actually entering one that hasn't been fenced by the server hoppers tho.

Regardless' date=' the original never meant anything like 'where are you', but actually 'why are you'.

[/quote']

If you really want to be pedantic, he was right. The original quote is "Wherefore art thou...", with "Wherefore" being synonymous with "Why". "Where are thou..." Is a misquote, but is correct in the context he's using it.

Just clarifying so you don't make yourselves look dumb on any forum that might have a majority of intelligent people.*

Anyway, Supermarkets are where I've seen the two I've found so far. They spawn at military loot piles and Chopper loot piles too, but those are less safe.

*(Sorry, obligated to add that in)

A common term? Are you on a server offset by 500 years per chance?

Besides' date=' I think you mean 'phrase', not 'term'. Basic English people, get it right.

[/quote']

Do you really want to be that guy?

I bet you are the first one to be called to a party!

any military spawn, so most likley spots

deer stand

hangars

control towers

fire stations

military tents (stary/brez)

barracks

....finding 2 in supermarkets is kinda crazy, using old data from a loot map .84% chance of a military spawn in a supermarket followed by a .19% chance of DMR ...lucky git

like someone said find a spot with plenty of deer stands close by, take all the loot out, dump it on way to the next repeat yada yada its around a 10 minute spawn+breaking line of sight for an empty loot spot to respawn .... got a DMR and m24 from doing this running between 2 towers in 3-4 hours ... bloody boring though