Sign in to follow this  
Miquinei

Bambis not so poor and innocent..

Hi,

Last night we made our way over to Solnyshko to see if we can find any bandits screwing around. One or two here and there, no major shoot out really. All four of us came down the hill and approached 3-4 fresh spawns and have a chat, see if we can help out maybe.

The moment they saw us was like from one of the outside parking scenes in Dawn of the Dead movie where a dude in a white t-shirt spotted a group of survivors turned around exposing his flesh wounds and creaming, ran towards them like crazy - literally same situation we approach the 3 players and as soon as they spotted us - first thing; fists up and ran towards us talking trash on direct. 

I thought, what the hell are you doing... we played around with the for a minute or two and shot dead because they wouldn't give up. 

So yeah.. fists of fury need some nerf because people just don't give a crap and take their chances. 

• Like 1

Bambis are players too. They are not noobs.

Everybody gets killed in this game, KoSer or Hero alike. Everybody respawns and is a bambi for a while. If the majority of geared players KoS, what makes you think the majority of bambis won't? Especially when they have nothing to lose?

• Like 2

Bambis are players too. They are not noobs.

Everybody gets killed in this game, KoSer or Hero alike. Everybody respawns and is a bambi for a while. If the majority of geared players KoS, what makes you think the majority of bambis won't? Especially when they have nothing to lose?

Well you hear about people going nuts and that shooting bambis is a shame and all that, but sometimes you just 'can't not' shoot them :P

Edited by Miquinei

I say this a lot, but I shoot any bambis that come within twenty feet of me if I have given them fair warning. Far too many have tried to knock me out or use a pipe wrench on me for me to waste my time trusting them any more, they're even worse than armed players sometimes because they think having nothing to lose gives them a licence to act psychotic.

Now that we can break legs though I'm going to shoot to maim and just leave them there if it happens again.

• Like 3

What better way to combat the kos of unarmed fresh spawns than arming them?

Can't complain now, can they?

Yep, new guy or not, the one thing I have learned in this game is to not trust anyone.

I spawned a while back in Kamyshovo, did some mooching about and dropped on a Taloon backpack. Nice find for a bambi. I set off along the coast and then was followed by another player, I stopped briefly to say whats up; and he pulled out his fists. I carried on running, but he was sprinting after me, and then the next thing I knew I was unconcious. I came to about 30 seconds later and he was running back down towards Elektro with my backpack on.

• Like 2

Yep, new guy or not, the one thing I have learned in this game is to not trust anyone.

I spawned a while back in Kamyshovo, did some mooching about and dropped on a Taloon backpack. Nice find for a bambi. I set off along the coast and then was followed by another player, I stopped briefly to say whats up; and he pulled out his fists. I carried on running, but he was sprinting after me, and then the next thing I knew I was unconcious. I came to about 30 seconds later and he was running back down towards Elektro with my backpack on.

That is actually pretty funny.   :beans:

That is actually pretty funny.   :beans:

Aye, that's what my mates on TS thought too when it happened lol

I make a distinction.

Bambi - New player

New Spawn - New Spawn

You can play around with a bambi, help[ them out, give them direction and advice.  

A New Spawn you need to be wary of.  They are players like us, and are either angry or aware.  You can normally tell the difference by how they move.  If they are only hitting those areas where loot spawns (taverns, cafe, etc.) they are most likely New Spawn.  You can still help them out, but you need to be aware of that.

• Like 1

Well you hear about people going nuts and that shooting bambis is a shame and all that, but sometimes you just 'can't not' shoot them :P

I can't think of any kind words to describe people like this, but they are the ones who witness a "bambi" getting shot by a "bandit" and then they make a thread talking about how this game is dead because of KoS. Little did they know the "bambi" was actually a bandit who respawned and started punching the guy who was on the coast giving out gear to these "bambis". I thought a bambi was supposed to be harmless but what people call a bambi 99% of the time (respawns) are not harmless at all.

Edited by Yahiko

I make a distinction.

Bambi - New player

New Spawn - New Spawn

You can play around with a bambi, help[ them out, give them direction and advice.  

A New Spawn you need to be wary of.  They are players like us, and are either angry or aware.  You can normally tell the difference by how they move.  If they are only hitting those areas where loot spawns (taverns, cafe, etc.) they are most likely New Spawn.  You can still help them out, but you need to be aware of that.

You can usually tell when someone is a true bambi because they will come walking up to you and actually be friendly while asking a ton of questions.  These are also the people you usually see getting beat down in the middle of the street, LOL.  

A new spawn will usually come running with their fists up and most likely act silly or violent right off the bat.

• Like 1

I can see this changing when the bayonette is made to work, no more circling freshies running around you, just a quick side slash and their done.

I say this a lot, but I shoot any bambis that come within twenty feet of me if I have given them fair warning. Far too many have tried to knock me out or use a pipe wrench on me for me to waste my time trusting them any more, they're even worse than armed players sometimes because they think having nothing to lose gives them a licence to act psychotic.

Now that we can break legs though I'm going to shoot to maim and just leave them there if it happens again.

so exiting and re-entering the server doesn't fix broken legs anymore? if so that is good news.

so exiting and re-entering the server doesn't fix broken legs anymore? if so that is good news.

On my first character, I found a baseball bat in a barn yard on the second floor. When I jumped down, I broke both of my legs. When I logged back in, they were still broken. Yeah, I didn't last too long, but at least I killed a zombie before I became food. :D

Yeah not any more, it was fixed a couple of patches back.

Because when you go down to the coast and approach them, you are literally seen as walking loot spawns by players that have nothing to lose. Try it a bit further from the coast, and I bet the reaction will be very different.