Sign in to follow this  
Martmital

Day/Night Strangeness

Running round today with a couple of mates when the sun began to go down, they both entered darkness a full half hour before I did.  Both of em were in pitch black before my screen even started to slightly darken, this isn't the first time it's happened and gives me a real advantage over them, cuz ya know I can see clearly...

Personally I think it's cuz DayZ likes me more than them, but the pair of em are adamant that isn't the case.  Anyone know the reason behind it, cuz I'm baffled..

No, you cheeky git...

I'm full daylight, it's like I'm lagging behind on the time or something.

• Like 1

haha :)

Honestly I don't know on that one. I had something strange happen other night tho...was pitch black so im wondering round with headtorch on. DC'd and rejoined....it was day!.....some seriously funky stuff going on atm. All hail alpha! :)

haha :)

Honestly I don't know on that one. I had something strange happen other night tho...was pitch black so im wondering round with headtorch on. DC'd and rejoined....it was day!.....some seriously funky stuff going on atm. All hail alpha! :)

Yeah the boys tried reconnecting and they entered in darkness, whereas I was still daylight.  Ain't complaining, I get first dibs on loot!

Check you all have the same cloud settings.

I believe this can make a difference.

Should be set to high, btw.

I'm never on a server long enough to witness time changing :|

I've seen this before it is an Arma Engine issue.

the time of day lost sync with you

Yup. I see it in Arma 3 when playing Altis Life a lot.

Check you all have the same cloud settings.

I believe this can make a difference.

Should be set to high, btw.

High?  I struggle to get 30 FPS while staring at the ground, maybe once they have done some AMD optimizing...  at the moment though the stutter is already bad enough, so I have mine set to either normal or low.  I'll ask em in the morning although it doesn't seem likely that clouds are affecting it, seems more along the lines of what deus_drone as suggested, a loss of time sync.

I'm never on a server long enough to witness time changing  :|

Only ever seen it 3 times, it's pretty cool.

Edited by Martmital

Completely normal. It happened in the mod too. I've also heard that it will depend on your cloud settings.

Nothing I can do to remedy it then?  Other than try the cloud settings...