Sign in to follow this  
xTITANx

Layers on clothes

So as it stands right now, we have a shirt layer and pants layer. I would like to see a layer system added to these "slots" so that if you put a Tshirt on as a base layer, then you could put a midlayer on, like a sweater or hoodie, and still have an outer layer like jacket. 

The idea would be that each layer would add "warmth" which would you need to manage against the weather. If it is cold outside, you would need to add layers to your body to maintain a good warmth level. Too many layers and you would get a "HOT" icon in your inventory. Too little and you would feel "COLD". 

These status' would then be used as a factor in checks against weather related sicknesses. Too hot would make you dehydrate and too cold would cause you to get sickness like pneumonia.

I think this would add a great layer to the game and allow the devs to include more weather elements like snow or hot summer days which would force players to manage their clothing more instead of wearing whatever looks cool to them. IE wearing a down jacket on a hot day would be silly, and wearing nothing, like our pantsless friends in electro, would immediately cause them to be cold and have a performance hit.

• Like 2

I could go either way, for looks, individuality or functionality. One thing for certain, I never like the fact that putting a hoodie on forces you to remove ur shirt.

There's a problem that rocket already said, clipping problems, but I think a good idea to resolve it, it's to just show a little part of the shirt, like if you are wearing a red T-shirt under a hoodie, that white T-shirt that normally appears would be red, and when you removes the hoodie, would be normal again, I don't know if you get it, english is not my native language. Same things to shirts just a little part would appear giving the sensation that you're wearing a shirt and a hoodie.

Edited by lets4dead

I like this idea if it meant that the game would have different weather extremes (snow, torrential downpour, etc.)

I could go either way, for looks, individuality or functionality. One thing for certain, I never like the fact that putting a hoodie on forces you to remove ur shirt.

Yes I never liked it either and its one of the reasons I thought of this.

There's a problem that rocket already said, clipping problems, but I think a good idea to resolve it, it's to just show a little part of the shirt, like if you are wearing a red T-shirt under a hoodie, that white T-shirt that normally appears would be red, and when you removes the hoodie, would be normal again, I don't know if you get it, english is not my native language. Same things to shirts just a little part would appear giving the sensation that you're wearing a shirt and a hoodie.

The clipping problem is not an issue if done properly. 

1) shirts don't need to be shown. 
2) hoodies could have a clipped model that fits with a jacket. It wouldn't be hard to do, and I know what I'm talking about. I use maya regularly and I'm a game engineer. The biggest issue would be the extra models needed from the clipped hoodie and that would then add to game size. 

I still think it would be awesome though because of the gameplay that could be added with a "warmth" meter. It would drastically change how you played if you needed to keep a jacket on you but not wear it during hot weather. You could decide to chuck it, but if a snow storm happened while you didn't have a jacket you could end up with hypothermia.

It sounds like a good idea but you would be able have to much shit with you

I like the idea, but it's a huge asset problem. You'd need one separate hoodie for every possible combination of hoodie color and undershirt color, which would be hundreds already, and many more in the future. I don't think the team has the time to do that.

great idea, thats why i suggested it a few weeks ago ;D

im not angry... the search function is just crap

my thread is dead, so i give yours beans :)

I like the idea.

Maybe if you have an item in the pocket of you under shirt, it takes longer to access than your outer layer?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83