Nibashe

Massive exploit/hack

This happened tonight, after being all around the map, from airfield to airfield, city to city, helping out strangers and equipping my friends...

I go to Kamy, walk there from Electro... One of my friends who was just spawning there was being harassed by 2 fully geared guys, so I wanted to help out.. no problem, part of the game. 

I walk on the mountainside and I hear footsteps.. however, I don't see anyone...might be a sound issue. However, I decided to fire at where the footsteps where coming from, and this guy appears out of nowhere... 

I try shooting him again, and BAM, he teleports right at the other side of me, I try again, BAM, teleports the other way again... I grabbed my secondary rifle because the first one was almost out of ammo, and while he was doing this, he teleported right back at me and grabbed the gun that I dropped to get my second primary. He then immediately teleported away far from me and tried to fire at me with the 2 bullets that were in the chamber. 

This was NO syncing issue.. He teleported very strategically all around me. This also happened to two of my friends. 

Did anyone else encounter this ingame? It completely ruins the game, as it seems to happen more and more frequently. The first 2 times I thought it was a syncing issue, however tonight it was very clear that it was certainly not the case.

• Like 3

Hacking has become very hard since the ArmA mod because of how almost all the processing is done server side. Most hacks are just wallhacks or the like, this seems very odd. I would check again that it wasn't desync, seems characteristic.

Did it look like this?

goku_flying___teleporting_animation_test

You're lucky Goku didn't kill you, man.

• Like 26

Not yet but it is normal cycle of hacks.

Ban wave, new hacks get released, people get new hack, ban wave, no hacks, new hacks get released.

Gotta wait for banwave.

I am not going to say this sounds odd, but the level of control that is being implied here begs many questions.

Are teleport hacks THAT accurate?

Are they that easy to execute?

I can't even pick up my own gun off the ground without looking like an ass, how did this guy scoop it up and teleport away with it?

I youtubed and googled the issue and it seems it's quite common. I'm therefore very surprised that this has not been picked up yet. A simple search leads me to sites where I can just get the things I need for this. Maybe something to look into asap, as it completely destroys the game for the 99% of the honest players...

"Hackers" and "Script kiddies" make it their job to ruin every single game possible.  I hope they all die in a fire.

• Like 9

check this, you can see him teleport to the other side.. It's a very short clip, but this happened to be any time I got close to him... 

Like I've said, the reliance on the server makes lag points like this very common. If anything I would prefer if it made the cheaters jobs easier to lessen the server processing load by shifting to the client if it removed the small constant inconveniences of all players.

• Like 2

check this, you can see him teleport to the other side.. It's a very short clip, but this happened to be any time I got close to him... 

I'm sorry this is clearly a desync hence the player keep walking in a straight line with gun pointing in one direction at the end.

• Like 1

I'm sorry this is clearly a desync hence the player keep walking in a straight line with gun pointing in one direction at the end.

I think at the end he got killed when combat logged and got stuck in the death loop.

It is clearly not, especially when it happens time after time.. Just google it. Also you can hear the guy screaming "what are you gonna do about it?" after he's being accused of the teleporting. I'm not here to discuss how authentic this video is. I'm saying that it is happening, and it's happening more and more.

• Like 4

Yeah these things happen, as Frosti said next ban wave will kick them in the nuts and the forums will have people claiming all sorts of reasons why they didn't deserve a ban, I love watching them cry, it's like a mini xmas. 

• Like 3

I see desync a lot, I play with friends and sometimes when the server gets shitty it looks like we're teleporting all over the place.  Very easy to mistake for a hack, personally i've not yet seen anything that is clearly a hack, not saying there are no hacks out there, just that I haven't seen anything blatant in game.

It is clearly not, especially when it happens time after time.. Just google it. Also you can hear the guy screaming "what are you gonna do about it?" after he's being accused of the teleporting. I'm not here to discuss how authentic this video is. I'm saying that it is happening, and it's happening more and more.

In I think it's 137 hours of play I've never seen any hackers, I think people posting and insisting that hackers are every where are just trying to convince the community to buy hacks.

The thing about this is the people selling then don't give a shiz about the players once they have their money, next ban wave rolls in and these kids with a now $60 investment are out of pocket forced to pay another $30 to buy the game again so all up $90 yeah I love seeing them pay for their stupidity.

Can't wait till beta when the price goes up!!

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 2

Hacking has become very hard since the ArmA mod because of how almost all the processing is done server side. Most hacks are just wallhacks or the like, this seems very odd. I would check again that it wasn't desync, seems characteristic.

IIRC, I've seen a video of a teleport hack on Youtube before, and it was posted on the forums I believe. He had a Fire Axe, and he was teleporting all around a guy who was crouched in a tree line hitting him with the Axe.

this kind of "reports" seem to become more common by the day ..no smoke without fire

Err... this is not entirely accurate.

this kind of "reports" seem to become more common by the day ..no smoke without fire

Thats true in the case of fire.

This is people, who dont know much about what they are observing.

Yes there is a teleport hack. No it is not remotely common.

In I think it's 137 hours of play I've never seen any hackers, I think people posting and insisting that hackers are every where are just trying to convince the community to buy hacks.

The thing about this is the people selling then don't give a shiz about the players once they have their money, next ban wave rolls in and these kids with a now $60 investment are out of pocket forced to pay another $30 to buy the game again so all up $90 yeah I love seeing them pay for their stupidity.

Can't wait till beta when the price goes up!!

I am at around the same play time and have also never seen anything suspicious other than a single occasion.

I don't know what you would mean by "Common by the day" but I work a relatively boring job and first logged into the forums this morning 13 hours before this post, I've been lurking there for the entire time. this is the first post I've seen on the subject in some time. 

Thats true in the case of fire.

This is people, who dont know much about what they are observing.

Yes there is a teleport hack. No it is not remotely common.

Yes, please speak for yourself. I've spend a lot of time on the SA.. Before that I played the mod as well. I know when someone is having desync issues. I had them a lot of times myself. I've never had the issue with teleporting before until the last 2 days (I just came back from a 2 week holiday). It's not just me. At least two people I've been gaming with also said the same thing. "WTF, someone just teleported behind me, shot me, and that was that" It doesn't take a genius to figure out what a desync issue is and what a teleport glitch/hack is. If you are standing in front of someone and that person all of the sudden is 20 meters behind you, okay MAYBE that is a desync issue. However, when someone is on the hosipital roof shooting at you, and 1 second later stands next to you near the waterpump in electro and blast you in the face, you can do the math yourself. 

I also thought at first it was just desync until it happened to me. I really hope this kind of stuff doesn't happen to you though. I just wanted to bring it under attention so that the devs could have a look at it.  If they can proof me wrong, then hey, I will accept it. It would be nice to see this as being confirmed or not. 

Yes, please speak for yourself. I've spend a lot of time on the SA.. Before that I played the mod as well. I know when someone is having desync issues. I had them a lot of times myself. I've never had the issue with teleporting before until the last 2 days (I just came back from a 2 week holiday). It's not just me. At least two people I've been gaming with also said the same thing. "WTF, someone just teleported behind me, shot me, and that was that" It doesn't take a genius to figure out what a desync issue is and what a teleport glitch/hack is. If you are standing in front of someone and that person all of the sudden is 20 meters behind you, okay MAYBE that is a desync issue. However, when someone is on the hosipital roof shooting at you, and 1 second later stands next to you near the waterpump in electro and blast you in the face, you can do the math yourself. 

I also thought at first it was just desync until it happened to me. I really hope this kind of stuff doesn't happen to you though. I just wanted to bring it under attention so that the devs could have a look at it.  If they can proof me wrong, then hey, I will accept it. It would be nice to see this as being confirmed or not.

If you wanted to bring it to the attention of the Dev's you should log it in the bug tracker, where the Dev's regularly look in order to find problems with the game.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

• Like 1

You are talking some Night Crawler shit here man.  It sounds far too precise.

Thats true. However nothing rivaling your description I just quoted has been posted in this thread.

Also, are you playing on a server that has battleeye enabled?