Dagwood

What would happen if...

What would happen if the devs disabled first person from all servers for one week, and then disabled 3rd person from all servers the following week?

I think it would be very interesting to see how gameplay and player behavior would change as a result. Ideally this would be done at the same time that zeds got a big boost in threat level (increased numbers, infection reimplemented, etc)

And most importantly, it would be REALLY interesting to see which hive (regular or hardcore) would have more players returning to them once both hives regained their respective 1:PP/3:PP status.

Anyone else think this would bring a biblical shitstorm down onto the devs? And who thinks it would increase hardcore populations in the long run?

Edited by Dagwood

Anyone else think this would bring a biblical shitstorm of the down onto the devs?

Yup.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

I don't see any reason why this should increase the hardcore player count.

Just leave it as it is; hardcore is for guys who want fairplay and realism, regular is for all the others.

Are you thinking of any specific weeks?
Because Bones is doing the moderator vacation planning at the moment, and I want to have dips on those. *Shudders*.

• Like 2

I think it's a good idea, but the "Testers" out there dont think this is an alpha, and think that things like that never should happen.

Edited by lets4dead

I think that we need to see crazier variations in gameplay from patch to patch at this point in development. Like switching spawns from the south coast to the east coast: everyone hated it but it gave us a lot of insight into player behavior and adaptability.

If the devs are even thinking about removing 3rd person at any point (which I doubt) they should probably experiment with it sooner rather than later.

What's the worst that could happen?

What would happen if the devs disabled first person from all servers for one week, and then disabled 3rd person from all servers the following week?

I think it would be very interesting to see how gameplay and player behavior would change as a result. Ideally this would be done at the same time that zeds got a big boost in threat level (increased numbers, infection reimplemented, etc)

And most importantly, it would be REALLY interesting to see which hive (regular or hardcore) would have more players returning to them once both hives regained their respective 1:PP/3:PP status.

Anyone else think this would bring a biblical shitstorm down onto the devs? And who thinks it would increase hardcore populations in the long run?

I think this is a silly idea.  The forums, Reddit, and Twitter would be flooded with hate-filled messages.  The people play on the servers they enjoy the most.  Personally, I prefer first person view but my friends enjoy the safety of third person view.  So I play hardcore by myself.

Moderator vacation planning? What?

It was an attempt a humour, sorry.

I was also insinuating that the forums might get fairly horrid over the course of the suggested '1st/3rd person only' weeks.

• Like 1

Normal mode - people always play in 3rd person.

Hardcore - people always play in 1st person. (They have no choice).

Why not just switch hives rather than artificially restricting play?

It was an attempt a humour, sorry.

I was also insinuating that the forums might get fairly horrid over the course of the suggested '1st/3rd person only' weeks.

That would be hilarious people going nuts the rage oh it would be pure....

I think it's a good idea, but the "Testers" out there dont think this is an alpha, and think that things like that never should happen.

I'd be more for extreme tests like this if I didn't drop 30 bones. I mean, I'll put up with a lot of shit but having to play in 3PP mode for a week would be the week I spent not playing this game.

Right? I think the rage and the videos of kids getting mauled by zombies in the middle of the street would be amazing. The player base has always conquered every patch in the past. There is always griping, but in the end everyone gets over it.

I think the perceived power ratio between the community and the development team could use a shock.

When the community is begging for the game not to be so hard dean will have his antigame.