infiltrator

Remove pointless ambiental sounds please

Popping a soda, munching, fence being hit, and more. They're just distractions and oftentimes absurd (how can you hear a fence hit in the middle of the woods)? Just remove them.

Popping a soda, munching, fence being hit, and more. They're just distractions and oftentimes absurd (how can you hear a fence hit in the middle of the woods)? Just remove them.

They;re bugs I'm sure. The fence thing is a bit silly and I agree.

They aren't bugs, it's ambient background noise.

Please have a look at this suggestion thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/16342-player-activated-environment-sounds/

Moved.

While the fence thing is background noise, I also hear sodas being opened and random zombie noises, when there are for certain nobody drinking, and no zombies around. I can tell it apart from normal sounds because it seems to cut off in the middle. Is this purposeful as well?

While the fence thing is background noise, I also hear sodas being opened and random zombie noises, when there are for certain nobody drinking, and no zombies around. I can tell it apart from normal sounds because it seems to cut off in the middle. Is this purposeful as well?

No, that doesn't sound like it's on purpose. If it was as simple as 'just removing them', I'm sure someone would have done by now.

Some people seem to think that the devs have a 'remove bugs instantly' button, and just refuse to press it.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

Some people seem to think that the devs have a 'remove bugs instantly' button, and just refuse to press it.

Saved.  :D

But yeah OP, not a real big problem, if you can tell them apart by weird cutoff. (For example, if you don't hear gulping after opening of a soda, it's a ghost sound.)

Edited by Geckofrog7

Rabbits. They have these sounds as placeholders. Opening a soda, stacking ammo, a zombie growl that suddenly stops.

Dem rabbitZ.

Edited by DaMaakus

Rabbits. They have these sounds as placeholders.

So that's what's been going on?  :o

There's must be something broken with sound channels or maybe they're using random sounds as placeholders for ambient sounds. I'm sure that this issue will be solved by the time the game is completed. Even hearing actual people drinking a soda o eating something from a can from one room to another is ridiculous and I haven't seen complaints about that.

I think it was on reddit, Rocket was talking about how the random sounds are place holders and they can't simply remove them without causing a collapse of code of some sort. Like how rabbits sound like zombies, chew like cows, drink soda, and load/unload mags...rabbits are the most notorious paranoia inducing creature in the game right now. But they cannot just remove the sound or queue that causes them.

So that's what's been going on?  :o

Yep. You can hear the squeeky gates, birds fly up, breaking twigs and things like that all the time.

The short zombie growl, popping soda sound, stacking ammo you don't hear all the time. These are linked to rabbits. My problem is: I can't see the rabbits, even though I hear them.

Only saw one running across a street but as soon as it touched the soil and grass besides the road, it disappeared.

So, if you hear those sounds doesn't mean you will see the rabbit.

Yep. You can hear the squeeky gates, birds fly up, breaking twigs and things like that all the time.

The short zombie growl, popping soda sound, stacking ammo you don't hear all the time. These are linked to rabbits. My problem is: I can't see the rabbits, even though I hear them.

Only saw one running across a street but as soon as it touched the soil and grass besides the road, it disappeared.

So, if you hear those sounds doesn't mean you will see the rabbit.

I sure wish rabbits could die...

I thought those sounds where made by the undead butterflies that are following me around.

Edited by basinox

I sure wish rabbits could die...

One day, they will... from that day on, revenge... WILL BE OURS!!!

*runs trough the woods, laughing, screaming, making soda pop noises and shooting wildly at every bunny that moves*

I think it was on reddit, Rocket was talking about how the random sounds are place holders and they can't simply remove them without causing a collapse of code of some sort. Like how rabbits sound like zombies, chew like cows, drink soda, and load/unload mags...rabbits are the most notorious paranoia inducing creature in the game right now. But they cannot just remove the sound or queue that causes them.

They could just replace the sounds with blank files, if whoever is doing the coding is so bad at it the entire game will collapse should they tamper with the random sounds it decides to mix up on its own.

They could just replace the sounds with blank files

If it was that easy, don't you think they would have done it already? What could they possible gain from not doing it?

I heard alot of these "wrong" sounds while being in the forest chilling out. After a while you convince yourself that wild animals are throwing a party :)

They could just replace the sounds with blank files, if whoever is doing the coding is so bad at it the entire game will collapse should they tamper with the random sounds it decides to mix up on its own.

+1

Edited by Ultra7

If it was that easy, don't you think they would have done it already? What could they possible gain from not doing it?

They're just lazy when it comes to certain issues? Sounds like a good reason to me, I'd much rather like that than the game being so messed up removing a sound will make it implode.

They aren't bugs, it's ambient background noise.

What, exactly, in the background is making the sound of a chainlink fence being shaken, when I'm half a mile from the nearest civilization?

What, exactly, in the background is making the sound of a chainlink fence being shaken, when I'm half a mile from the nearest civilization?

Nothing.

That's why those noises are so annoying.

But being annoying is not the same as being a bug.

Did you look at the suggestion I linked to?

Nothing.

That's why those noises are so annoying.

But being annoying is not the same as being a bug.

Did you look at the suggestion I linked to?

Yes, and I like your idea of having every sound linked to an actual source. The current ambient sounds aren't really ambient, they're sometimes sounds that would be caused by another player, but without an actual other player to cause them they're misleading, annoying and stupid. The only ambient sounds should be wind, bird noises and perhaps creaking trees - that's it! Every other sound should have a clear cause.

Like Max has been trying to tell you all, 

it's not as simple as it seems.

Yes, you would think it's as simple as removing an audio file and replacing it with nothing, but dont you think if it was as easy as copy/paste that it would have been done a long time ago?

If these guys don't know what they are doing, than how have they created the best thing in video gaming ever?..and it's not even half done yet.

Just be patient, you know that Dean himself and the devs working on it all read the forums and actually take what we say into consideration.

What other developers can you say that about?

Dean and the team are fucking geniuses, they just need time.

It was always the plan to put this game out before they even knew the exact outcome.

Thats what we are for, we are the ones testing it and letting them know the problems.

It's only been like 2 1/2 months since it has been available to test.

You guys are really expecting to much to soon IMO.