Sign in to follow this  
RedPhantomX4

Soda Bottles! Inventory Savers!

I am thinking that they should add Soda BOTTLES into the game. It would take up the same space as a Water bottle in your inventory, but it would be for soda. You would be able to fill up the bottle with the corresponding soda. Example: If you find a Coke BOTTLE then you can fill it up with 4 COKE CANS, and it would take 4 cans to make it 100%, and every time you drink it, it is like drinking One coke can, (25%) So, it really just saves up some space in your inventory :).

• Like 4

I dunno about taking up 1 space, how about 2 spaces, and you can fit 5 cans?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080827213639AAiTXjN

Also, how about filling it with water as well?

(Soda would be preferable though, as it contains much more calories, and it quenches more in one gulp)

Edited by Geckofrog7

Very good idea.Also the ability to fill waterbottles with soda-cola-lemonade-orange juice etc from the cans would be awesome.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

How about filling the already existing water bottles with soda? Wouldn't that be a lot easier?

• Like 3

I like the idea. Really I do. Just keep in mind what you might be asking for.

Roderick Rolle, assistant professor of biology, detailed potential infections that can occur as a result of reusing bottles. "Possible infections like E. coli, streptococcus, which is strep throat, and diarrhea may consume your body and make you very ill," Rolle said.

Source

http://www.thefamuanonline.com/2.10458/reused-bottles-potentially-hazardous-1.1400837#.UvvW7oXEFBM

• Like 1

I like the idea. Really I do. Just keep in mind what you might be asking for.

Roderick Rolle, assistant professor of biology, detailed potential infections that can occur as a result of reusing bottles. "Possible infections like E. coli, streptococcus, which is strep throat, and diarrhea may consume your body and make you very ill," Rolle said.

Source

http://www.thefamuanonline.com/2.10458/reused-bottles-potentially-hazardous-1.1400837#.UvvW7oXEFBM

Good info,we should make the "badly damaged" and damaged waerbottles more prone to liquid contamination.

what? basicly you mean there should be another kind of canteen that has "soda" written on it? would the regular canteen explode if you try to fill it with soda? if you mix several different types of soda, will the result be poisonous or will it crash the game?

Edited by komadose

Traditional plastic soda bottles hold 20oz of liquid.

Traditional aluminum cans hold 12oz of liquid.

Heck, even 1 liter bottles are  roughly ~34 ounces.

I don't understand how you can suggest cramming 48 ounces of liquid into a 20 ounce bottle.

That is a strange idea. Why should there exist a separate bottle which only accepted soda (and apparently not water), and which was completely different from the already existing water bottle? What is the reasoning for this?

what? basicly you mean there should be another kind of canteen that has "soda" written on it? would the regular canteen explode if you try to fill it with soda? if you mix several different types of soda, will the result be poisonous or will it crash the game?

Putting liquids in Canteens that contain sugar will turn it into a bacteria farm. Those things don't tend to clean easy.

Now this would be nice, though I would like to see something like this...

Water bottles themselves are scarce due to the panicking citizens hoarding supplies, but they don't bat an eye at the soda bottles because they're not essential... So, water bottles themselves would be scarce. You can find either full, or empty soda bottles in the world. You can use them to store water when you need to. Maybe there would be two types of bottles? Plastic and glass? These could factor on the quality of the liquid stored inside.

Hell, let's take it to the next level. Beer bottles! These can be found on the world, like before, either empty or full. Can also use them to store water. I wonder if Dean will add a drunk effect on players? What would the visuals be like? 

Variety's great am I right? Right? I think I went too far with this, apologies!

Edited by AntonioAJC

Putting liquids in Canteens that contain sugar will turn it into a bacteria farm. Those things don't tend to clean easy.

Perhaps this could add another use to alcohol tincture by allowing you to clean your canteen/bottle should it grow dirty from storing sugary beverages?

This may be the nerd coming out in me, but this is not quite true. Sugary liquids inhibit aerobic (oxygen-synthesizing) bacterial growth. Aerobic bacteria are typically the type of microorganisms that make people sick.

High concentrations of sugar only allows for anaerobic (non oxygen-synthesizing) microorganism growth, which -- interestingly enough -- can create alcohol as a by-product through a process called fermentation. Anaerobic microorganisms are pretty much harmless (eg: yeast).

This is typically how alcoholic beverages are made. Sugar is the main ingredient, yeast is added, which is ultimately converted to alcohol through anaerobic pathways.

Jams, jellies and preserves also rely on high concentrations of sugar to inhibit bacterial growth.

6vHSMaP.jpg

Edited by carcinovich