Window Licker

CCSD, Investigation request.

CCSD Agent Jonah_Hobbes reporting in

Due to an increase in eye witness accounts of this phenomenon. I restocked, checked my map and proceeded south to (091 075).

At approx (092 074) I made first contact with 2 Infected near the fork at the path. As I continued towards (091 075) I encountered a further 2 Infected and shortly afterwards another for a total of 5.

Once I had established that there were no further Infected in the immediate area I then involved myself in a short and quite stressful engagement with my pursuers.

Thankfully I managed to dispatch them all and presently the Infected pose no danger to travelers in the Black Forest on this server.

0YvtcTt.jpg

c3xN5XO.jpg

This encounter poses a worrying issue.

Are the Infected now establishing themselves into groups?

This concept leaves me aghast.

Fellow agents of CCSD, as CrazyKage suggests we must investigate further afield. Although I dare not think it, I believe this is not an isolated incident.

Over and Out.

Jonah_Hobbes CCSD Field Agent (Australasia Branch)

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

"Interesting, what seems to be happening is an increase in zombie activity in forrests, farmlands and areas where infected were assumed to be absent. This is something the CCSD will investigate. In other words, Rocket fullfills his promises to make the servers more active. 

Rydekk, Head of the CCSD."

Fresh from the steampage.
Edited by Numptydumpty

Just to clarify, the attacks I experienced happened in week one of release. So it's definitely been there since the beginning.

Guys. Stop. This is general discussion. Stop. Not a roleplay thread. Stop. End.

Is it paining you?

Look, they are pointing out something others were not aware of and doing so in a manner that is "In Character" isn't hurting anyone and actually makes it a bit more enjoyable to read. 

• Like 2

Is it paining you?

Look, they are pointing out something others were not aware of and doing so in a manner that is "In Character" isn't hurting anyone and actually makes it a bit more enjoyable to read. 

The only thing that wasn't enjoyable to read what his little non-helpful not-related shitposting.

Went to black forest, first server nothing happened. Second got ambushed. Works for me.

Interesting, I encountered it north of the T junction near stated co-ordinates... more scouting throughout Black forest required... stupid being at work...

This is exacly where I saw this too, 6-7 of them just came out of the woods. The server restarted and they were back again!

I can confirm this as well. I travelled into Black Forest from Gorka following the dirt road. Got jumped by 6 zombies at 092 - 074, just beyond the side road with the cabin.

• Like 1

The only thing that wasn't enjoyable to read what his little non-helpful not-related shitposting.

Went to black forest, first server nothing happened. Second got ambushed. Works for me.

Did the mean man make you read extra words? Can you show me which ones they were on this doll?

CCSD = Chernarus Creepy Stuff Department

I think. Not sure on the "S". They were already featured in another thread regarding mysterious radio signals and / or G̷̸̥̝̜̘̔́͂ͧ̃̀͞r̵͇̘̳̬̳̳̬̣͇̳͈̭̪͕͍͇ͪ̎̈̒̆̐̋̾ͬͦ̔ͤ͢͝ȩ͖̲̬̜̻̮̺͕̫̻̜̭̙͙͚͇̳ͯ͌ͤ̇ͦ͊ͪ͐̾̿̚e̷̵̹͎̫͇̮̩̜̣̳̺̳ͮͩ͑̒͐̍̃͛̐̾͌̐͡͝ͅn̵̴̨̙̤̩̤̝͎̭̟̳̯̝̰̄̐ͮ̇̓̾̾́ͬͧ̕͜ ̨̗̬̙͓̝͇̪̜̼͓̫̣͍̝ͬ͆͆ͬ̓̉̈͂͌͌̔ͩͮͥ̀M̮̩͙͎͎̙͎̹̞ͬ̓ͬͪͫ̀ͩ̆̋̎̏͐̒̽̈̚͟͢͟͢ǫ̮̹͔̠̜̫̹̭̭̺̦ͭͭ̆̀̄͋ͣͯͯ͊͛̏ͣ̍ͫ̓̚͜͢͡u̡̙͚̳̜̰͚ͣͤͭ̈̿ͯ̊̃͌ͣ̂͂̓n̸̨̹͚̬̼̯͎̮̱̟̘̝̟͚̟ͬ̀ͨ͑͊̍̐̚̕t̵̛͙̫̹͕̣̟͎͇͉͎͙̪ͯ̊̌͊ͅa̸̢̠̠̯̻͍͙̭̘͕̜̝̘̩͎̎͆ͭ͒̾͗͐i͈̱͚͙͇̳͈̣̳̩̥̫͛̏̿ͫ̾̏̆̈ͬ̄ͩ͛̅͗̈̽͡n̸̴̛̮̩̪͇̤̥̬͖͚̥͚͚̜ͣ̇ͫͨ̍ͥ̋̉̈ͤ͋͐ͣ̋̏̔

• Like 2

Guys. Stop. This is general discussion. Stop. Not a roleplay thread. Stop. End.

Gawd lighten up you misery.

After exploring the area in and around black forest on several servers, I have reached the following conclusions:

1: Black Forest IS IN FACT infested with the dead.

2: I encountered and killed roughly 15 of the dead on the first trip, 20 on the second, and 17 on the third. On subsequent trips, I focused more on trying to pin down a general area of spawn, rather than hard numbers (failed to do so).

3: Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the zombies I encountered where either on, or nearby (within 100 meters) the road that passes through black forest, and in particular, the area around the "T" junction. The rest were found scattered around hill tops, and occasionally wandering in small open clearings. I can CONFIRM that they are not simply spawning on or near the road or the few buildings in the wood. They can and DO appear throughout the rest of the area, more than 150-250 meters away from the roads. What is disturbing about this is that it is impossible to know just how many may be there. My earlier attempts to count the numbers only account for those that I encountered. Further, about 3/4 of the deep woods encounters were a result of me being spotted first. They seem to have heightened senses of smell or hearing, as many chased after me without any direct line of sight, while I was not aware of them until they growled or were so close that I could hear their shambling footsteps. MANY times I would slay one, only to turn back to go on my way and find a second only  feet away. Often they seemed to come after me one after another, attacking me from behind as I dealt with the threat to the fore. Traveler beware: It is very easy to find yourself ambushed.

4. I CANNOT confirm the existence of any "horde", as I failed at any time to find more than 4 or 5 in one area, and even then they were somewhat spread out. It seems likely however, that one group might wander into another, or two groups might spawn nearby each other, creating the illusion of a horde. Also, if running near the T junction, it is possible a survivor may attract several zombies form the nearby tree line, and be unaware of them giving chase until they stop farther ahead when encountering another group. Then the first group catches up, and the survivor finds himself surrounded (I was able to force this to happen with a little deliberate effort). Regardless, the possibility of a genuine horde cannot be totally dismissed just yet, and horde or no, it can be safely said that no part of black forest is safe (do not log out there!), as BOTH the road/buildings, and general forest are infested.

5. I also took the opportunity to explore Lesnoy Khrebet, the small wood just west of black forest. While there I DIDNOT encounter a single zombie, although I DID find a rather mysteriously placed radio tower, which was just uphill from the ruins of a small camp (ruined fence/wall, small outhouse shack, and an empty fireplace). Note to the CCSD to further investigate this site with radio equipment (which I lacked at the time) in the future.

I hereby dub the site "Camp Lesnoy", at coordinates 083-078.

Summary:

TRAVEL ADVISORY! It is highly recommended that any survivors avoid this area at all costs. There is little to nothing of value to be found in the area, and it is occupied by scattered groups of the dead. Due to the dense foliage and low visibility, and the dead's heightened senses of hearing and/or smell, they can easily detect you before you can detect them, resulting in survivors accidently drawing unto themselves more and more dead as they pass through the area.

If you MUST pass through, it is recommended that you do so quickly, do so armed, and do NOT stop to rest (log out). You may find yourself being attacked in your sleep (while stuck after logout, or while stuck during login).

Further data will be added as it is acquired.

That is all.

EDIT: will follow-up with visual surveillance footage shortly.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 3

A better question what in the holy fuck is the CCSD?!

The Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168707-the-ccsd-chernarian-creepy-stuff-department-needs-investigators-for-the-radio-transmission-mystery/

Our role is to investigate the strange and scary in Chernarus. We started off by investigating the weird radio transmissions coming out of Elektro, (See above thread).

As CrazyKage and myself have submitted CCSD reports I implore fellow Agents to explore further afield. As I have stated I do not believe this phenomenon to be isolated to the Black Forest alone.

Often they seemed to come after me one after another, attacking me from behind as I dealt with the threat to the fore. Traveler beware: It is very easy to find yourself ambushed.

Clever girl.... lol

• Like 2

Dear Mods & Admins,

Would it be possible to have a little SA sub-forum to chronicle the activities of the CCSD?

• Like 4

Here we see two zeds, one to my front, one to my left. After taking picture and dispatching them, I was attacked by a third from the rear.

2014_02_12_00002.jpg

An example of one of the dead found in an open clearing, right smack in the middle of the forest.

2014_02_12_00003.jpg

2014_02_12_00004.jpg

After dispatching this one near the top of a hill, far from the roads and buildings, I was attacked in sequence by 3 more.

2014_02_12_00005.jpg

Spotted a 4th as I was moving down off the hill.

2014_02_12_00006.jpg

The campsite and radio tower in Lesnoy Khrebet, coordinates 083-078

2014_02_12_00007.jpg

2014_02_12_00008.jpg

EDIT: all of these images were taken from my first trip. Subsequent trips were much the same.

Edited by Crazykage

Dear Mods & Admins,

Would it be possible to have a little SA sub-forum to chronicle the activities of the CCSD?

I doubt would happen. But we can dream.

As a side note (and shameless promotion of the group), the CCSD is still recruiting members. Send me a message including a steam id, and I will process your application as soon as I can.

I doubt would happen. But we can dream.

As a side note (and shameless promotion of the group), the CCSD is still recruiting members. Send me a message including a steam id, and I will process your application as soon as I can.

Have we got a roster?

well, this happened to me too but a long time ago. saw about 7 zombies walking in the forest, not far from polana.

started to shoot them, they all rushed at me.

the only time im actually got scared from zombies in SA. make more of them!