Hrki

Why loot is not full random?

And knowing is half the battle!

please learn the English language.

ffs you have spell checker......

Sum ppl jus dont no.....

I love the irony, I did not see this until after my post.

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding the OP but here is my take on his post.  I can spawn fresh and new and while I'm out gathering gear I skip so many houses right now because I know for a fact they don't have items in them.  Understandably this is Alpha and all that is subject to change especially when they finally figure out how to implement item respawning. 

I completely agree with the content of the OP. I also agree with the idea that things are going to change, but I am cautious to point out it may never be fully randomized.

And knowing is half the battle!

My comment was only intended to be helpful.

I wanted to try to make the phrase in question more understandable because it is in his signature and will be seen every time he posts.

You will also notice I don't generally like people that judge others on their ability to use English. About three posts up I said as much :)

Edit again: I probably could have made my intent more clear in my original post. I apologize if I came off wrong.

I was frustrated very little by that and a whole lot by my tablet allowing me to get halfway through making that post and reloading the page and deleting everything. Also, I am tired. Stop making me reply, damn it! Of course I saw all that after my post as I think it was happening while I was getting owned by my tablet.

I completely agree!

There can be guns in any house really.

Maybe not an M4 so much, but any other gun should be random.

I think high end military equipment should be at military zones only but should be extremely rare.

But any other gun should have a chance to be in just about any house.

I would really like to see locked gun safes and cabinets, that a hard to find key is needed.

But at the same time I understand why some want things to be consistent, but in this type of setting I really think the player needs to be in a state of not knowing whats going on as much as possible. Randomizing loot spawns is a great way to do this IMO.

Once fridges,cabinets, and drawers can be opened finding loot will be more spread out, and will take longer to find things.

But in the end this game will loose it's long term replay ability if the loot stays the same, which it most likely wont being in Alpha.

But at the same time no matter what they do to change the loot spawning,

we will always find a pattern to follow to make gearing up as easy as possible.

It's just the way we think.

• Like 1

Sum ppl jus dont no.....

I love the irony, I did not see this until after my post.

Its k.

I had an English, English Prof. in college. He also spoke German, French, and Spanish, In addition to American English. He basically pointed out that no one really knows how to write. But he did a pretty good job teaching it. I generally don't work hard enough with my writing unless its a professional letter or an essay of some kind. My spelling is also very poor :/ But I can speak a little Japanese and have a lot of respect for anyone who can speak their language AND English.

• Like 1

I'm inclined to agree with OP. 
Why shouldn't you come across a (dead) family, Armed to the teeth...
Think about it. If it was real. (And that's what the devs are going for. Bravo, We all like that in a game)

In a RL apocalypse. This WOULD happen. Maybe even find a dead body on a roof top, With a Barrett .50 cal wrapped round his knuckles.
I genuinely believe that adding this to the game may well massively decrease banditry and/or PVP (WHICH I HATE!)

A lot of bandits at the moment seem to hang out in large towns, Military bases and what not. Because they know Bambi's will try their luck at looting them for the best gear. If we add this RL aspect to the game. Newbies can find the same kind of gear anywhere on the map. If the loot/survivor bodies are continuously generated, There will be know of bandits knowing where to camp.

Obviously this is the Alpha. I do not expect anything like this for a while. I'm actually really enjoying the game as it is.

Bravo OP. This is a really good idea. Should prompt it to Rocket the dev! I would really like to see this in gameplay.

Edited by Mon The BIFF
  • Like 2

Please dont use such obnoxious text. Its difficult to read and makes your point appear less valued.

Please dont use such obnoxious text. Its difficult to read and makes your point appear less valued.

Is that better for you buddy, Wouldn't want your eyes getting sore now, would we :D

Kind of have the same feeling myself. Right now i can gather up what i need in a couple of minutes by visiting any medium or large size town. Yellow house gives me food, supermarket gives me food/water and maybe a gun and the piano/barn/fire station building gives me what i need of different weapons/ammo. As a lone wolf player this fit's me perfectly - in and out fast, but i do miss more randomness. Right now, it's also making it quite easy to spot people in a ctiy, just because of the good grade loot spots. This can be good, but also making it VERY easy to avoid them. More random loot spawns of valuable items, would make the random encounters you have with people in the game, well, a tad more random. At least with the exception of military bases;) We need some place to gather up the bandits/loot spawners.

Edited by StayAlive

Do kiwis, oranges and bananas grow in Russia? Cos if not, and there is any chance whatsoever of finding any that are not rotted to sludge and covered in mould, then the apocalypse must have happened within the last couple of weeks.

Therefore, loot should be everywhere, and in pretty plentiful supply, I think.

I don't like the idea of loot 'spawning' at intervals: it'd make much more sense to me if there was lots and lots of stuff to be had at the beginning of a server's lifetime, and then over time it would run out - forcing people increasingly to live off the land and improvise tools and weapons out of the junk they find lying about.

Movement of characters between servers would have to be more restricted, but I think that's how I'd like to see things progress in the long run.

I know that it's an alpha and early in development, but I completely agree with you OP. In my opinion it should be more random and almost every building should have the possibility to spawn loot that can be useful in some way. Some of the normal houses should have a small gun/rifle every once in a while with some ammo and even some random items.

Searching should be rewarded.

After several hours of continuous and sequential playing of dayz the player realizes (with the help of online maps that show exactly what house got what loot and what is the chance to finding it) individual houses lose their meaning. I want to say that it becomes monotonous (if you want an SKS or Mosin you will go to the red brick house or a house with a piano or possibly in the barn + sks on airfields) and if you want the M4 ... direction of a military base or airfield ... It becomes really monotonous (at least to me) .. So my suggestion is that loot spawns completely random? that in every house there is a chance to find anything, so it would be a lot of fun and "harder", if we compare this with the "RL apocalypse" I think there would be a chance to find the body of a dead person and a gun in the middle of a forest (or some abandom campsite in middle of a forest and there is maybe something usefull for me) .... Here's what you think about this?

I guess you aren't aware that this is alpha and that loot spawns aren't balanced yet?

""I don't like the idea of loot 'spawning' at intervals: it'd make much more sense to me if there was lots and lots of stuff to be had at the beginning of a server's lifetime, and then over time it would run out - forcing people increasingly to live off the land and improvise tools and weapons out of the junk they find lying about.

Movement of characters between servers would have to be more restricted, but I think that's how I'd like to see things progress in the long run.""

The only way to prevent characters from switching servers (for whatever reason), is to bind them to a single server. Unless youre allowed more than 1 character, this would severely hinder teamplay. Youd have to kill yourself in order to join your friends on another server.

Living off the land is a viable option to avoid respawning loot, provided the land actually provides something. Firearms and ammo would slowly dissapear from the scene and we can all play Robbin Hoodie, men in camo.

I favor randomized loot spawns to mess with server hopping. Screw the lore if necessary.

Edited by mgc
  • Like 1

I guess you aren't aware that this is alpha and that loot spawns aren't balanced yet?

guys like you (probabbly server hoppers playing on PVE servers) will never learn

I hope in the end we get a compromise.

i.e Loot spawns appropriately.  Civilian gear in civilian location, medical gear in hospitals, military gear in military bases etc etc .. BUT there is also a small chance that anything can spawn anywhere, giving that random element.

Loot balancing is gonna be a difficult task.. I really hope the loot will be proportional to server populations, so low pop servers have far less loot than full ones.

What he said, it should mostly spawn where it belongs..but it should also be random

• Like 1

why should you find mosins or pistols in apartments^^ you don't know anything about the apocalypse, e.g. what exactly happened... i don't have any guns at home, why should guns spawn regularly in residential houses?

In 'Murica, you expect to find at LEAST 1 gun per household... LOL  

• Like 2

Maybe that "cheat" is the source of your boredom. 

No it's not a cheat and secondly using the map online has nothing to do with knowing where everything is. I use the map only if i get lost yet i agree with the OP. You end up skipping past half the buildings on the map as you know they hold no suprises or anything for that matter, something should be done about this.

Good addition, thank you. Although i always thought those wrecks are burned, not rusted. Also the fact that you can find fresh oranges, apples,kiwis and bananas let me think that the apocalypse happened less than 6 month ago.

Anyway, let us just hope they get the loot spawn in a way that keeps gameplay interesting withouth losing authencity.

I'm wary of using the fresh kiwis and bananas as any sort of evidence. Their existence suggests that the apocalypse happened within a week, which doesn't jive.

Your signature needs a comma after it.

And loot is a work in progress, I wouldnt get to used to the current system. Some places will have better chances at types of loot but I dont think that the end result will be as it is now.

Its almost.... like the game is in Alpha. 

You guys realize that discussions like this are specifically the point of having a public alpha test. We get to criticize the existing features and suggests ways to improve them, which the developers will take into consideration when they're further developing these systems.

I'm so fucking sick of people screaming alpha at every god damn thread. Scream it at people who are rage quitting the game, don't scream it at people who are trying to help improve it.

/rant

• Like 4

I think it will definitely happen eventually.

Plus things like hunting and camping will add so much to the game.

Being able to live of the land and only needing to go to towns for clothes, weapons, and ammo is going to drastically change the way we play the game and the way we loot. Hell, with improvised weapons you could make it in the mountains for ever if you wanted to.

I cant wait to see this game grow! So much amazing shit is going to be added in the future.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

I'm so fucking sick of people screaming alpha at every god damn thread. Scream it at people who are rage quitting the game, don't scream it at people who are trying to help improve it.

/rant

The thing is the devs are aware of this and I believe people get yelled at because, again, this topic is getting beaten to death.

The thing is the devs are aware of this and I believe people get yelled at because, again, this topic is getting beaten to death.

What the devs are and are not aware of is a matter of some debate. As someone pointed out in an earlier thread, Rocket was wholly unaware that a number of houses don't spawn items during one of his streams.

Though that's only a single, if glaring, example, user input is still a good thing, and using "alpha" as a blanket invalidation of criticisms, concerns, and questions defeats the purpose of holding a public alpha in the first place.

• Like 1

What the devs are and are not aware of is a matter of some debate. As someone pointed out in an earlier thread, Rocket was wholly unaware that a number of houses don't spawn items during one of his streams.

Though that's only a single, if glaring, example, user input is still a good thing, and using "alpha" as a blanket invalidation of criticisms, concerns, and questions defeats the purpose of holding a public alpha in the first place.

There is also a proper section to file bug reports as this appears to be an item spawning bug. And I believe his report stated that it was fixed which it is not

After several hours of continuous and sequential playing of dayz the player realizes (with the help of online maps that show exactly what house got what loot and what is the chance to finding it) individual houses lose their meaning. I want to say that it becomes monotonous (if you want an SKS or Mosin you will go to the red brick house or a house with a piano or possibly in the barn + sks on airfields) and if you want the M4 ... direction of a military base or airfield ... It becomes really monotonous (at least to me) .. So my suggestion is that loot spawns completely random? that in every house there is a chance to find anything, so it would be a lot of fun and "harder", if we compare this with the "RL apocalypse" I think there would be a chance to find the body of a dead person and a gun in the middle of a forest (or some abandom campsite in middle of a forest and there is maybe something usefull for me) .... Here's what you think about this?

Loot should NOT be full random. You shouldn't be able to find an M4A1 in a church or office building. But SHOULD be more random than the fucking shit its at now. I don't even go to most buildings in cities, just certain ones I know carry specific loot. Bad game design.

Edited by HunterJay
  • Like 1