commanderbash

why do the forums keep going down?

I still think whole heartedly they needs a community manager to deal with the community as a whole but you know that's just because that is what I am used to from a fair few other companies.

Hi.

I agree whole heartedly. I don't like twitter or reddit, so I just wait for the information to trickle down to the forum.

However I doubt they would be willing to pay the amount needed to keep someone worthwhile, that's willing to deal with this community.

Regards.

About devs who use twitter and redit and not their official forums, Ive been in a a alpha and beta with such devs before, that is the only thing that has me concerned about the future of dayz. Seriously didn't end well with the other game.

It's truly amazing how rocket and the team completely ignore these forums and yet readily respond to people on twitter and reddit.

Why the fuck are we being treated like our opinions don't matter?  Why the fuck is rocket too cool to respond and actually post things on the official fucking forums?

While this may be, or not be, the case. I suggest you head over to the World of Tanks official forums. There, you will find the true meaning of devs ignoring the community. They have been doing so for 3 and a half years.

Edited by Bushwaka

At this point we should realize two things. There is a 'dev tracker' section in the forums thats reasonably accurate, and that the developers dont post here and do post on twitter and reddit.

From this realization we can determine that we should stop looking in general discussion for developer posts :)

No you're right it makes so much sense to create a community forums solely based on the game you're developing and then sit around and respond to an absolute minority portion of them.  You and anyone else who gave you beans is a complete idiot.  It's okay though, the world needs more burger flippers like you guys.

While this may be, or not be, the case. I suggest you head over to the World of Tanks official forums. There, you will find the true meaning of devs ignoring the community. They have been doing so for 3 and a half years.

And I don't exactly hear great things about World of Tanks either, every time I've every heard anyone talk about it, it's "something to do".  I've never played a game because it was something to do beyond board games, when there's literally nothing else to do.

If that's the approach the devs want to take, it will come around to bite them in the ass.  If they don't start fixing major issues soon, they're going to see a shit storm.  People can keep saying "oh it's just an alpha man you have to give them time", fact is the game's been out for 60 days now, and we still have no respawning AI, AI just not giving a fuck about walls, structures, or anything remotely to do with the game's mechanics other than themselves, and AI pushing people OUT of structures and the environment.  No hope on the flashlight because clearly the devs really tested things efficiently and diligently before pushing this shit show out to us, and say it will be "too much work now" to go back and fix the fucking FLASHLIGHT or the buildings to stop the light.

How about you just flip the flashlight to be the same type of lightsource as the sun?  The buildings and trees, and just about everything else seem to do a pretty fucking good job at stopping light.  Why they ever "redesigned" Chernarus, and didn't bother to test one of the biggest aspects of night gameplay, is a complete summation of where this project is headed.

Bohemia = The New SOE.

Edited by McG2

can't find any info on the reason why, is something going on?

26am.jpg

Edited by Mdogg2005

There was a post on Reddit, the team has been under attack. Not many specifics, but it was effecting game servers and the website, to my knowledge.

Not suprised, the forum is ran by a bunch of children so as soon as they get rid of them the less this site will come under attack. That is what happens when moderators get too crazy on power and start leaning the entire site towards their own opinion.

Not suprised, the forum is ran by a bunch of children so as soon as they get rid of them the less this site will come under attack. That is what happens when moderators get too crazy on power and start leaning the entire site towards their own opinion.

I agree to some extent.  Not all of them are like that, but is certainly a problem that should be addressed.

hmmmm

• Like 2

Hey, you shouldn't spread false information. There's only one child on the team.

WOW all the children have gathered in the playground now.

you would easily be mistaken in thinking there are some bully boy tactics going on here or some serious stalking.

Either way it says alot about this place.