punkvegita

Take Shots Like a Pro

This makes me happy because I really was hopping items would reduce damage you take.

You are 100 percent right IRL damages do get reduced by items you have on you. Now what I want to see is them fixing clothing so that you cant put a lets say helmet in your pants. Once they can get that done I think inventory would be almost perfect.

Agreed, to a certain point... Lets say, you get shot in the leg. Your pants get ruined from the shot (and the pants reduced some of that shot's damage). However, EVERYTHING in your pants' pockets also get ruined, which is completely non-realistic (I believe this has already been mentioned in a post somewhere...). If you get shot in the mid-section of the leg, anything in the pockets would remain untouched. Then again... It's Alpha for 'ya ;)

I remember that topic I wrote a lil something something in there. That's funny how ppl thought we were stupid for even thinking the items would take damage for the user.

And yea hopefully they can come up with something that detects where items are on your body and according to where you got shot only those parts would receive damage. If they go this far though they might as well go the next step and put vital organs so if you get shot lets say in the heart your a goner and theres no way a bandage can patch that up.

You're what they call a moron. I pointed out the bug. Then he neglected to realize I had already pointed out the bug, and pointed it out himself. I reiterate what I had already pointed out, in a vain hope that he'll realize what had happened.

Enter you, pointing out something completely pointless for the sake of calling someone a troll. Let's compare helpful/contributive posts, sir.

This is the reason I am losing faith. /shrug

Actually before you get your knickers in a twist and throw insults around (again) i was pointing out the fact that the holster has straps that go around.. wait for it.. your back! So if and yes it is a stretch, the bullet hit a strap of the holster on your back it would in fact possibly be ruined.  It does not float on your front... get it?  Clearly the holster and vests are treated the same for now, i.e cover front and back.

I understood you, punkvegita understood me.. you might be the missing link...

I should have just said its alpha.. but i thought that might just wind you up.   :)

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 2

Actually before you get your knickers in a twist and throw insults around (again) i was pointing out the fact that the holster has straps that go around.. wait for it.. your back! So if and yes it is a stretch, the bullet hit a strap of the holster on your back it would in fact possibly be ruined.  It does not float on your front... get it?  Clearly the holster and vests are treated the same for now, i.e cover front and back.

I understood you, punkvegita understood me.. you might be the missing link...

I should have just said its alpha.. but i thought that might just wind you up.

Dude don't feed him bro, everyone who reads the thread I'm sure we'll know exactly what we were saying. Just stay on topic

I died yesterday from a desync fall, respawn and head toward cherno with my starter clothing red t-shirt and blue jeans.  I went afk to get a phone call, the phone was on the table, come back and I am being beaten by an infected, former military, I watched myself get hit at least 3 times before I could settle down behind the keyboard and run away.  Not an open wound on me for my blood to be spilling out of.  Same character, after I managed to get healthy, I desync teleport and while I am trying to figure out where I am,  (just a little to the right, but inside a concrete slab that I could not see since I was inside it...smh) I start getting pounded on by another infected.  Again no bleeding and a few bites of sustenance and I am healing and healthy in no time.  I made a mental note that I thought the game was broken, but did not create a bug report.

Dude don't feed him bro, everyone who reads the thread I'm sure we'll know exactly what we were saying. Just stay on topic

Says the guy who rattled the hornet's nest to begin with.

45881319.jpg

ANYWAY, I'm currently testing on my regular character how many M4A1 shots it takes to kill my son's character with and without a vest. It took two M4A1 shots to the chest to knock him unconscious without the vest, and it took five M4A1 shots to the chest to knock him unconscious with the vest. That's three shots extra without anything even in the vest. Once we find another vest, I'll fill it full of canned beans and try again.

• Like 1

Just yesterday my 2 buddies were camping the hospital near cherno apartments, we killed a few people then started taking direct fire. I got shot three times with a mosin roughly 5 minutes apart I managed to heal a bit in between the damage, however I didn't bleed once. Got knocked out twice. I should have been dead the first shot if not the second one for sure. The third shot hit me in the head... I'm still alive. What did we Learn? Double tap every target to insure they stay down.

Says the guy who rattled the hornet's nest to begin with.

sorry didn't see how high your level was at first.

ANYWAY, I'm currently testing on my regular character how many M4A1 shots it takes to kill my son's character with and without a vest. It took two M4A1 shots to the chest to knock him unconscious without the vest, and it took five M4A1 shots to the chest to knock him unconscious with the vest. That's three shots extra without anything even in the vest. Once we find another vest, I'll fill it full of canned beans and try again.

see if u can test a ruined vest compared to a ruined vest with beans it, that would be pretty cool to see.

Well. people with shirts bled from my axe and mosin shots, but the more equipped ones died without bleeding. I think now it's like this: clothes protect you from bleeding but not damage, like... when you get hit your clothes protect you from the cut/wound, but you still suffer the impact force which reduces your health instead of the blood. I haven't bled much, but I still got to black and white screen after several melee hits while geared because it made the health go low. I lost the healthy status after a B95 shot from 30 meters, but the clothing was not damaged, nor the items inside. Kind of sketchy since you get shot and there's no bleeding sometimes. It should work only for blunt attacks.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

I read something rocket said that the game is properly distinguishing between types of damage now. Blunt weapons do blunt damage, axes do cutting damage, that's why you're not seeing the bleeding quite as much. 

I could be totally wrong about that though. 

I read something rocket said that the game is properly distinguishing between types of damage now. Blunt weapons do blunt damage, axes do cutting damage, that's why you're not seeing the bleeding quite as much. 

I could be totally wrong about that though. 

that would explain the lack of bleeding from zombies, also I did shoot a guy last night with my m4 and he did start bleeding so maybe it's just the new mechanics that we have to get use to.

Sounds like new mechanics that will need balancing.

I am thrilled that zeds no longer cause arterial bleeding on first strike.

And if your equipment is "bullet proof" you shouldn't bleed.

I just found a camping sniper, went prone right next to him, said hi in voice chat, and as soon as he turned I shot him with my magnum straight into his head, well then I tried to shoot him a couple of times to make sure that he was dead, my bullet's just went trough his head. Apparently bullets don't kill you anymore they just make you go unconscious.

i killed yesterday 2 guys and hurt 4 other (combat logger) 1 had a tactical vest, he took 5 or 6 hit from my m4 in 400m distance. was heavy bleeding and died after last hit. the other died faster after 3 or 4 hits same distance but the had no kind of vest.

i killed yesterday 2 guys and hurt 4 other (combat logger) 1 had a tactical vest, he took 5 or 6 hit from my m4 in 400m distance. was heavy bleeding and died after last hit. the other died faster after 3 or 4 hits same distance but the had no kind of vest.

400 meters? Yeah right

something weird is going on for sure, my first incident involved my slightly brain-dead brother shooting me in the back which turned my vision blurry and ruined 85% of my gear but caused no bleeding and all I had to do was click the video option to fix the blurred vision.

Second time we got attacked they killed my bro and hit me, I managed to escape, again with blurred vision and no bleeding and this time no ruined gear, Also suspect a teleport hack may have been used but I'm not 100% on that. Then I eventually died near electro, but even then it took several shots from an SKS at a range of about 2-3 metres.

New spawn first encounter was with 2 guys who attacked me at berezino, we all had splitting axes, I killed them both and took numerous hits which again resulted with a blurred screen and no bleeding and an easy fix (click video option).

I was happy to have survived these encounters but know I definitely shouldn't have....something is very wrong but clearly doesn't affect all players.

• Like 1