Sign in to follow this  
volume098

"You are dead" for no reason!

As a greedy looter. I always join server that don't have players. And then suddenly while looting. My screen go black and says
" YOU ARE DEAD " It happens to me about 5 times.

INB4PEEPSSAYINGALPHA!

But seriously, it's alpha. Buildings aren't finished and so on.

If it's a glitch then 90% of the time it is because it is either place holder, about to be fixed or not done yet.

As the other thread.

You take falling damage that break a your legs or kills you.

If the server lags too much or if you are too prone to the current FPS bug, this might happen because of lag.

Pay attention when on stairs.

FPS bug will be solved on wednesday for stable servers. If the server you play on lags too much, change it and choose good ping ones.

That happened to me yesterday!  -thought I was insta-killed by an insanely good shot through one of the windows by the only other guy on the server. But I was on a 3rd floor, and the server was laggy...

-Is it even possible to die instantly from a headshot? (would you not hear the shot?)

Quite often the reason a server will be empty is because it's lagging and needs a restart, if you only play on empty servers, you will suffer lag related issues more than normal.

That happened to me yesterday!  -thought I was insta-killed by an insanely good shot through one of the windows by the only other guy on the server. But I was on a 3rd floor, and the server was laggy...

-Is it even possible to die instantly from a headshot? (would you not hear the shot?)

Yes you can be killed instantly by a headshot and sometimes even a body shot from a mosin, will kill you in one shot. You don't always hear a shot if the person is far away and also sometimes there is audio lag, like hearing a soda open 5 minutes after you open it or getting freaked out by your own delayed reload login sound.

In terms of science in RL bullets travel faster than the speed of sound, so you would normally expect to be shot before you hear the gun. Don't know if this is calculated by the engine or not though.