Sign in to follow this  
bioned

now it would be perfect if the fan didn't run 10 billion rpm

perfoemance issue is fixed (well sorta) so FTW

but still the issue with the fan running extremely loud

i blame it all on my crappy MABCOOK PRO

but if there a fix for that? like software wise because my hardware is pure crap

if there is the game would be perfect

Edited by bioned

Wait...you're playing DayZ on a Macbook? The fuck? This is possible??

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

nothing you can do other then setting your fans speed manually, this would almost guarantee the macbook will overheat. get a PC :\

but if there a fix for that? like software wise because my hardware is pure crap

Sorry... While macs are not evil boogey men, I would never play a FPS game that requires speed and accuracy on a laptop unless it was top of the line brand new. Even then I could have bought a LOT better for gaming desktop for half the price. Trying to play on a Macbook Pro (Hopefully using Bootcamp to be in Windows and not trying to use Parallels) sounds like it might not be all that ideal. 

Edited by Mercules

They are notorious over-heaters....even playing Minecraft,

The Arma engine has always made my GPUs run super hot.  My whole rig goes from silent to a a hover craft effect playing Arma/Dayz... better that than blown components.

I run DayZ on my MacBook when I'm not at home (Geforce GT 750M and an Intel i7-4850HQ) and haven't had any overheating issues. As far as the noise goes... get a headset?

There is no software you can download that will make crappy hardware magically turn into good hardware. Your only option is to reduce the load on the computer. I wouldn't be surprised if you have 20 programs running in the background. Make sure every program is turned off. After that there are a few graphical tweaks you can make, but they will only help so much. You need to reduce your scene complexity to 150000. You also need to reduce view distance to 1000 and object distance to 800. Figure it out yourself. It will be good for you. Otherwise, have fun with your Facebook machine.

Get an external cooling pad. Walmart has them for like 10-30$. Make sure your not blocking airflow. Make sure the body of the machine is not making 100% contact with your desk, to allow air to flow. 

The fans, when they go on, are needed. You dont want to turn them down. Its just disconcerting because you often dont hear them kick on to 100%. Also the aluminum body (assuming you have a pro) Is supposed to help dissipate heat, the downside is the entire computer can get hot. The upside is your case can act like a huge heatsink.

Mac's arnt really suited for gaming. I have one that works great for video editing, Photoshop, and maya. But they really are not designed to game.