oregonized

Would you approach me or KOS?

I'd give you my revolver saying: "Here cowboy, for immersion's sake".

I normally KOS now, I don't like to, though. It's because of the stupid bandits. I try to be friendly to people, and have learned my lesson many times. Just today I was trying to be friendly to this dude in Elektro, I find myself getting beat in the back of the head by him just moments later, I had a bike helmet on so I didn't fall unconcious, so I turned around and clubbed him in the face with my axe, which thankfully did kill him. Then later, about 10 minutes later, same town, I'm looting the military building with the cuffs and magnums in it, right? I hear footsteps, I turn around and there's a guy with a fire axe going medival on me, so I unloaded on him with my SKS, wasting 10 bullets... Now thanks to those two, I have a broken leg, no morphine, only 1 water bottle, 4 bullets, and quite a bit of food. Though all the stuff in my pants and shirt were ruined, including my blood bags, and, go figure, Morphine... This is why I KOS anyone that isn't an irl friend. I've learned my lesson of being friendly, and how it doesn't work..

Would you guys kill me? :P

Yes. 9/10 would shoot in face

OP, your gun is going to get you shot. Laser sight, 60 round mags, silencer don't mean survivor; that's for killing.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

That rifle would make me think twice about going anywhere near you. Get a shotgun or Mosin, but avoid long range scopes and sawed-offs.

My typical rules of engagement are:

In buildings:

Have they seen me? No, go out the back door.

Yes, they've seen me.

Did they say friendly, lower weapon, or leave? Yes, so exchange a few words and keave.

They pulled out/raised their weapon. Time to killz.

In a town:

Have they seen me? 

Yes, but they didn't open fire. Leave.

Yes, and they opened fire/attacked. Killz.

Yes, and they ran up to me saying friendly. Exchange a few words, but get away ASAP.

No, they didn't see me.

Are they looting a body? Yes. Killz. No, leave.

Are they dressed in the standard M4/ballistichelm/camo? Yes, kill. No, leave.

Are they extremely heavily geared? Yes. Decide to kill or let live, dependi g on what i've got.

Are they in a group? Yes. Fuck, yes, there like 100 of them. Die.

In countryside/fields/woods:

Have they seen me?:

Yes, but they held their fire (for time being) so break LoS ASAP.

Yes, and they opened fire. Break LoS ASAP.

Yes, and they ran up to me. Give shit and get away ASAP.

No, they are frolicking around in the meadows with kittens.

Basically same as "in town" Rules.

Then there are times where i just stalk the person, giving them slight clues i'm there, then eventually revealing myself. Great fun.

And then there are times i just cut off everyones face for my private collection.

But as you can see, i prefer to avoid, and get away from "Friendlys" quickly due to my wearing berets and them having fists. 

Just today I was trying to be friendly to this dude in Elektro...

This is how those Storys useally start. Elektro is a shithole...everyone knows that.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Here is my current setup. I try to wear this outfit whenever I find it... down to the color. Sometimes I go with a camo or black ball cap, but the green sweatshirt, camo vest, hunting backpack, brown hunting pants, dark gloves, dark boots always stay. been spraying my rifle green to blend in whilst on my back too.

1RQdXBb.png

and i thought i was being original, basically the same guy as me. 

OP, your gun is going to get you shot. Laser sight, 60 round mags, silencer don't mean survivor; that's for killing.

What if I am a surviving police officer?  

DayZ_Cowboy_zpse7d6da51.jpg

I don't think I look hostile but what would you do if you saw me in town?

I don't approach people according to how they look. Everyone is a possible threat. It is the most effective way to stay alive in this game apart from avoiding people altogether. 

Edited by weedmasta

Laser sight? Wut?

Laser sight? Wut?

He is probably talking about my red dot sight.

Do you look like the bandit type? No. Would I avoid you? Like the plague, you look bloody scary mate. You should consider having 'The Black Death' as your in-game name.

If you were by yourself, yes I would KoS, but only if I could do so with a single shot.

Do you look like the bandit type? No. Would I avoid you? Like the plague, you look bloody scary mate. You should consider having 'The Black Death' as your in-game name.

If you were by yourself, yes I would KoS, but only if I could do so with a single shot.

LOL, I never travel alone and always have at the very least 2 snipers watching my back.  I may seem alone and if you happen to shoot me, you will get your head blown off as soon as you attempt to loot my gear.   ;)