Sign in to follow this  
Recinema

Am I a Combat Logger?

So I was searching around Zelenogorsk when I went up into a two story green building to scout the Military Zone. After about 5 mins I saw a fully geared played run into my building. The moment he came upstairs into my room I lit him up. Surprisingly I only shot his legs and face, so I looted what I could from him. (Note: this was my very first kill. I normally try to be friendly but he was geared and had a wolf mask.) After about another 5 minutes I heard movement downstairs, shut the door, and waited. Nearly 25-30mins pass and another guy walks in. He is dead. I shut the door again. I can hear more movement downstairs. The sound of someone eating, then drinking, emptying ammo boxes, and reloading. The thought does cross my mind that it is a rabbit but I don't want to take the chance, seeing as I can hear footsteps frequently. So I figure more are there waiting for me. I couldn't look out the windows because I was afraid they had a sniper on my position. So I try to make contact. I tell "them" no one else needs to die, we can go our separate ways and blah, blah, blah. I then purposely leave my mic on and say indirectly, "Yeah I'm the greenhouse in front of the military base....yeah they are still under me...shit." Then I turn my mic off and hear much more movement. Maybe my bluff worked and they are leaving? However, I am not certain. So I wait 15 minutes..then log. I was there, in that room, for well over an hour. I wasn't budging and they weren't budging after losing 2 people.

So I guess my question is; When is it okay to log off? Is it okay to log out after an hour plus stand off, or should people stay in it until the other person/ group is dead. Did logging off, instead of going downstairs to check  make me a combat logger?

• Like 3

I think you're in the clear. Combat logging usually pertains to someone who logs as soon as the firefight starts....or shortly after the firefight starts and they are wounded.

If you're heart is still pounding when you log out...then I'd call that a combat log.

• Like 1

Nope, you took out 2 of em and waited for a long time, you're cool. :D

You combat logged if you then joined another server.

If you stopped playing after logging off you didn't combat log.

That's my take on this.

• Like 4

idk, if you logged off just to get off the game. then i dont see the problem.

But if you logged off to just not fight another player, even tho you waited x amount of time. i would still think that as combat logging. But not a severe case of logging off in the middle of combat. 

Edited by Razgriz Berkut
  • Like 1

You can rest with a clear conscience... My god people, you take a game way too seriously, like it has some importance outside the game world.

• Like 2

You combat logged if you then joined another server.

If you stopped playing after logging off you didn't combat log.

That's my take on this.

Well I guess I'm good then. I stopped playing right after that. I figured that was a little bit too much excitement in one day for me.

• Like 1

You can rest with a clear conscience... My god people, you take a game way too seriously, like it has some importance outside the game world.

I would rest with a clear conscience no matter what. Server hopping nor camping doesn't bother me either. I just wanted to see what other peoples opinions are of it and what classifies a player as a combat logger.

In the mod server that I used to play in the rule was always that you had to stay in the server for 10 minutes after any kind of conflict, which you did.

• Like 1

In the mod server that I used to play in the rule was always that you had to stay in the server for 10 minutes after any kind of conflict, which you did.

Yup, that was pretty much my rule of thumb as well. Your fine man, they shouldn't have waited 30 minutes if there was still someone there.

I would rest with a clear conscience no matter what. Server hopping nor camping doesn't bother me either. I just wanted to see what other peoples opinions are of it and what classifies a player as a combat logger.

That's what I wanted to read. I have server hopped, camped (it's most boring way of play of all), ran around an empty server for hours just because why the f not, I have combat logged once when the visibility conditions where incredibly bad and my ping was too high to present a real fight, I have stayed bunkered for more than 30 minutes talking my way out of a fight after we both shot and missed and I forced a stalemate, I have killed in self defense, I have killed as a precaution, I have killed just because I knew I could get away with it. But most of all, I've done all I could without remorse and without a doubt because it's a game.

• Like 1

Combat logging is logging off right when you see a player / get engaged by a player.

What you did was not what I would consider combat logging, because no active combat was happening, you were only hearing footsteps/gear being organized.

I think you did alright. Just be careful when you do choose to log now, dat 30 second logout timer is great now because I have seen way too many people sit on the ground right in front of me and present a perfect headshot. I mean, seriously.

You were there for a long time and didn't log in the middle of a gun fight.  You are good.

That was a blatant case of combat logging. I hope next time you log in some player will already be in the building to kill you while your game is still loading.

Jk. Do whatever you like, man. Besides, "This is your story", right?

So I was searching around Zelenogorsk when I went up into a two story green building to scout the Military Zone. After about 5 mins I saw a fully geared played run into my building. The moment he came upstairs into my room I lit him up. Surprisingly I only shot his legs and face, so I looted what I could from him. (Note: this was my very first kill. I normally try to be friendly but he was geared and had a wolf mask.) After about another 5 minutes I heard movement downstairs, shut the door, and waited. Nearly 25-30mins pass and another guy walks in. He is dead. I shut the door again. I can hear more movement downstairs. The sound of someone eating, then drinking, emptying ammo boxes, and reloading. The thought does cross my mind that it is a rabbit but I don't want to take the chance, seeing as I can hear footsteps frequently. So I figure more are there waiting for me. I couldn't look out the windows because I was afraid they had a sniper on my position. So I try to make contact. I tell "them" no one else needs to die, we can go our separate ways and blah, blah, blah. I then purposely leave my mic on and say indirectly, "Yeah I'm the greenhouse in front of the military base....yeah they are still under me...shit." Then I turn my mic off and hear much more movement. Maybe my bluff worked and they are leaving? However, I am not certain. So I wait 15 minutes..then log. I was there, in that room, for well over an hour. I wasn't budging and they weren't budging after losing 2 people.

So I guess my question is; When is it okay to log off? Is it okay to log out after an hour plus stand off, or should people stay in it until the other person/ group is dead. Did logging off, instead of going downstairs to check  make me a combat logger?

Truthfully, that should have never lasted an hour. Next time you need to push the action if they aren't pushing it. You did combat log but I can't understand how stressful something like this would have been. You'll never have fun if you don't take a risk and coming out blasting!

I think that was okay.

I had something similiar. Was running around on a pretty full and looted server. Managed to find some stuff, backpack, some food, water, a fireaxe was my greatest achievment.

I then went for an airfield, hopinf for something useful to find.

Reached the airfield, searched through the first building, two hangars, found nothing. Was going to the ACT as a bullet struck the ground near me. Must have been a mosin. I ran around a wall, fireaxe in hand. Waited. Ran to the ACT, went in, hid under staircase.

Hear mosin shots, then some M4 shots. Didn't sound like something of this was going my way. I stood there for about ten minutes. Only heard M4 fire once in a while, but no mosin shots or anything other. Had no idea, what this guy was shooting. After five more minutes I logged out and called it a day.

Hadn't much of a bad feeling about this. Gave them a lot of time to come and get me and was planing on stop playing after the raid on the airfield anyways.

+1 for combat logging

If he was not in combat, why did he not run out of the building and hide in the woods to log out?

• Like 1

I would consider it combat logging since there could of be a high chance for another fight happening. After the first kill, I would of relocated due to the chance of him having friends, coming back to his body with more gear