Sign in to follow this  
Recinema

Am I a Combat Logger?

Who cares?  There's no need to advertise that you're still logged on, or that you're logging out.  If they didn't kill you during the 30 second logging period after you hit exit, then tough shit for them.

If neither party is willing to take the chance to rush, then one or the other of you is going to have to log out at some point!  :rolleyes:

You could have died and get fully geared again with all the time you spent in that room.

In fact, if what everybody's looking for is the "real deal" what this guy did is as real as it gets. I seriously doubt that if you got yourself into the same situation in real life, you would've come out guns blazing and expecting the best. I would have stayed in there as long as I could and try to figure out a way to get out (this reminds me of that little welcoming speech at the Haunted Mansion). But... since this is just a video game, you can log out and go about your life with no consequences.

• Like 1

If you're heart is still pounding when you log out...then I'd call that a combat log.

Haha  that's when I log out everytime! Even on a player count of 3.

This is why we need hand grenades and landmines :)

I seriously hope they never include grenades.

u shit ur pants for over an hour and then log out? clogger are best with their curios selective perception...

You forgot the "Damn! That was wack!" part.

In a way I do think it's combat logging but on the other hand I don't think it is, the players you heard might have not been aware of you being up there and could have been taking cover after hearing shots.

If they did know you were there and were friends of the two KIAs they should have taken you out long before you had the chance to log.

I waited in 1 of the hangers in Balota Airbase for almost an hour because I took a Mosin round to the arm which was followed by M4 rounds, I took cover in the hanger fixed myself up and waited. I knew it was 2v1 and I was not popping my head out nor was I logging off. I waited and waited then the M4 guy comes in I gun him down and fix myself up. Still known there's the Mosin guy over by the 3 barracks on the other side of the base just waiting for me. It wasn't to long before he finally popped his head round, not sure if he thought I had log after killing his friend or not but he got gunned down, known that the area was clear now I ran for my life and met up with two of my clan mates who gave me a saline bag as I was black and white and carried on playing.

needless to say the two enemy clan mates logged off once I killed the second.

So I was searching around Zelenogorsk when I went up into a two story green building to scout the Military Zone. After about 5 mins I saw a fully geared played run into my building. The moment he came upstairs into my room I lit him up. Surprisingly I only shot his legs and face, so I looted what I could from him. (Note: this was my very first kill. I normally try to be friendly but he was geared and had a wolf mask.) After about another 5 minutes I heard movement downstairs, shut the door, and waited. Nearly 25-30mins pass and another guy walks in. He is dead. I shut the door again. I can hear more movement downstairs. The sound of someone eating, then drinking, emptying ammo boxes, and reloading. The thought does cross my mind that it is a rabbit but I don't want to take the chance, seeing as I can hear footsteps frequently. So I figure more are there waiting for me. I couldn't look out the windows because I was afraid they had a sniper on my position. So I try to make contact. I tell "them" no one else needs to die, we can go our separate ways and blah, blah, blah. I then purposely leave my mic on and say indirectly, "Yeah I'm the greenhouse in front of the military base....yeah they are still under me...shit." Then I turn my mic off and hear much more movement. Maybe my bluff worked and they are leaving? However, I am not certain. So I wait 15 minutes..then log. I was there, in that room, for well over an hour. I wasn't budging and they weren't budging after losing 2 people.

So I guess my question is; When is it okay to log off? Is it okay to log out after an hour plus stand off, or should people stay in it until the other person/ group is dead. Did logging off, instead of going downstairs to check  make me a combat logger?

I wouldnt say that is combat logging.