Sign in to follow this  
Geckofrog7

Least Bandity Apparel?

While anyone and everyone is a potential bandit, no matter what they where, what would you trust the most? (Even if it's by a very slight amount) For some reason, every guy in a beanie hat has been a no good bandit, and everyone in a motorbike helmet has been the most trustworthy.

Apparently not even wearing an ORANGE raincoat seems to gain the trust of others. :D

If you mean clothing wise, generally the people without the camo clothing. Ya don't need to be camoflaged if you don't plan on shooting or being shot at. Although, this has led me to wear quite an extravagant outfit even though most people would classify me as a KoSer.

Anyone completely missing a clothing set (No head gear, torso wear, no pants, or no shoes; glasses/gloves optional) are untrustworthy. People in yellow/orange tend to be nice.

• Like 1

I got my trusty green raincoat, green cowboy hat, boots, and TK pants, but I'm a hero..

No pants guys/girls are always trust worthy. 

lolno

third of my deaths are from pantless maniacs.  :(

• Like 1

Apparently not even wearing an ORANGE raincoat seems to gain the trust of others. :D

Maybe it is just me but people in orange raincoats bring thoughts into my head of bad things that are about to happen.

Blue/green plaid shirt somehow makes me think not a bandit, especially green.

Now all we need is Fruit Of The Loom underwear in different colors to distinguish who the real bad guys are........

id say id trust someone in canvas pants and a yellow raincoat, someone with such a bold fashion statement has to be a nice guy...

• Like 2

I wear a wolf mask to help people identify me as a bandit, so they don't make the mistake of choosing not to kill me should they get that chance, and generally speaking I think most ppl wearing a mask(although cool looking) can't be trusted.

• Like 1

Cowboy hat and burlap backpack are what only the most classy player wears...

Oh I've also never seen anyone else who wears sunglasses under a gas mask under a motorbike helmet. 

SO if you see someone with three layers covering his face, he's friendly. :D

Edited by Geckofrog7

I wear a wolf mask to help people identify me as a bandit, so they don't make the mistake of choosing not to kill me should they get that chance, and generally speaking I think most ppl wearing a mask(although cool looking) can't be trusted.

I have to agree.... I don't trust people who hide their face!

A hero survivor will often try to distinguish himself from a bandit.He will either have a bandana in the place of his helmet,not wearing a mask (sometimes) and sometimes the ones that carry the mountain backpacks.Bandits usually want their charachter to be full camo,altough not a lot of them wear the masks (wearing a mask is a KOS for me and is widely approved as a bandit signature).Also from what i gathered they tend to have their weapons drawn in hand (itchy fingers).

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Rule of law. Don't trust anyone you don't know personally.

Live by it in RL and you may live to see your Grand kids...

As for trying to not to look like a bandit it's impossible. Bandits are players just like you. They think "what makes me look like a bandit" and then gear accordingly against it. Granted if he/she is a intelligent/skilled bandit.

So trying not to look like one makes no difference cause they are trying to look like you!

Normally in my experiences anyone wearing a Pay-Day mask is a bandit. 80% of players wearing the gas mask are bandits. Anyone who sounds like a chode in direct chat is a bandit.

Anyone who says "friendly" and yet doesn't store away there weapon is a bandit...

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1

Ya don't need to be camoflaged if you don't plan on shooting or being shot at. 

Um... No one PLANS on being shot at. Because of that I wear camouflage and try not to be seen even though I don't shoot at people who are no threat to me. By not being seen by them they are that much LESS of a threat to me. 

• Like 3

depends where you are, the problem with the coast is that there are alot of scavengers just wearing what they can find. 

I was brained by a gentleman wearing a yellow raincoat yesterday as I was scoffing some beans. 

all i can say is if you dont want to be shot in the face, DO NOT wear one of the clown masks. when im long range sniping, those masks are how i justify murder. think about it if u were in an apocalypse IRL would u trust a guy in a clown mask running around with an m4?

• Like 4

I don't buy the argument that only bandit/KoS people wear camouflage clothing. ANYONE looking to go unnoticed would be wise to wear them. It doesn't hurt, either, that the camouflage clothing tends to have a number of item slots.

But taking the other side of the argument, myself and those I play with tend to embrace the KoS mindset, and while one of us does look like a special forces reject, another wears a pink beanie, red jacket, red canvas pants, and violet trainers, with a purple backpack. I myself currently wear an orange backpack, UN beret, and a payday mask. I've passed on ballistics helmets and other less visible articles of clothing simply because in combat, it's much more useful for us to be able to tell at a glance whether we're looking at one of our own members as opposed to an enemy.

I hope some sort of system is put in place to be more able to tell people apart (though I have no idea what form this could take), because, as it is, everyone is essentially a clone of each other barring those of us who choose not to wear green/camou. No game can truly replicate our ability to differentiate each other at a glance, but some effort should be made.

• Like 5

I wear a lot of green to blend in with the woodlands. Of course, I teach wilderness survival and often have to sneak through the woods, so I get this gut instinct telling me to be out of sight in the woods. If I wear bright, garish colors, I actually feel rather paranoid. This translates over into my "civilian" wardrobe, which is made up of khaki, green, brown and blue. I feel that if you are trying to draw attention to yourself, you must be either 1) ignorant or 2) trying to make yourself a target.

By wearing colors that blend in, a lot of people may think I am a bandit, trying to get the drop on you. I am actually rather nice in-game, trying to make contact before getting all stabby. I've only ever killed one person before attempting communication, when he was deliberately going around shooting at everyone he saw moving. I had to eliminate the threat.

• Like 3

I wear a lot of green to blend in with the woodlands. Of course, I teach wilderness survival and often have to sneak through the woods, so I get this gut instinct telling me to be out of sight in the woods. If I wear bright, garish colors, I actually feel rather paranoid. This translates over into my "civilian" wardrobe, which is made up of khaki, green, brown and blue. I feel that if you are trying to draw attention to yourself, you must be either 1) ignorant or 2) trying to make yourself a target.

By wearing colors that blend in, a lot of people may think I am a bandit, trying to get the drop on you. I am actually rather nice in-game, trying to make contact before getting all stabby. I've only ever killed one person before attempting communication, when he was deliberately going around shooting at everyone he saw moving. I had to eliminate the threat.

One of my favorite points.

I would look like one of the fully military geared bandits in RL cause in RL my closet is already filled with such items. M4 type rifle? Covered. Camo? Covered. Plate Carrier? Covered. Gas Mask? Covered etc, etc...

And I'm not even a preper...

Edited by RyBo

One of my favorite points.

I would look like one of the fully military geared bandits in RL cause in RL my closet is already filled with such items. M4 type rifle? Covered. Camo? Covered. Plate Carrier? Covered. Gas Mask? Covered etc, etc...

And I'm not even a preper...

I've gotten a LOT better lately with my wardrobe. Long ago it used to be pretty subdued. In fact I remember a black and grey sweater I had. It had curved stripes in chunks of three that ran into the sides of other stripes. Once it was old and ratty I used it as camo for paintball when it was overcast or dusk and it worked very well for that. My current wardrobe is a bit less camo friendly but I still avoid extremely flashy or bright things, most of what I wear would blend in with the countryside I live in, including the reds which are more of an Autumn leaf color.