timedance

Loot vs. server hoppers = main problem in DayZ-SA

After playing this standalone, i recognize, that the main problem is the loot, why people go server-hoppers... - and now I have to say, I also do this! :) - why not? In this way you can easy gear up in 1 hour...

Please dev. of standalone, make respawning loot - thats all I can say.

8/10 time I spawn near Berezino...

So here is a great note for all newbies in standalone from myself:

1. loot all barns outside of berezino

2. loot construction building (big backpack can be found)

3. run to each supermarket(berezino has 2 :D )  (eating and drinking)

4. run to ship-wreck (weapon)

5. log in to annother server(a server with less players)

6. start at step1 and do this all again...

ps: also try to visit the hospital, too ... ;)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

6. start at step1 and do this all again...

Rofl, run all the way back to Berezino after going to the ship wreck?  Boy, I'd sure hate to follow you into battle

• Like 1

Rofl, run all the way back to Berezino after going to the ship wreck?  Boy, I'd sure hate to follow you into battle

no matter :D

Wait what so all i am supposed to do with a 225 square kilometer maps is travel to berez and riffy(shipwreck) and back again ??? Damn i have been doing it wrong i do huge trips back and fourth acros the map ( although i honestly can say i havent hit cherno electro balota or the towns lower than balota in a long long time.

Pretty much every other town through centre of the map mil bases airfields etc yeah i go to all of them what a fool i have been ....

• Like 1

Btw, nice profile pic.  That game was awesome....... 15 years ago  :P

yes SIN was great, also the addon :D

HARDCORPS RULES :D ... best mission was the stealth-part(sneeking into labor) :thumbsup:

Well...you could not server hop out of honor. Server hopping probably makes one feel cheap. All of a sudden my character wouldn't mean as much to me.

• Like 1

Sure you can do this but... where is the fun? IMO loot should not respawn... would not match the DayZ philosophy I think.

There are so many towns, and "gun houses" on the map why would I camp at one town and wait the increasing login que after switching servers? In 5 Minutes you can get to another town and loot things.

If you spawn near elektro, you can forget it. Going into town is always a waste of time.

Everytime you get into a shoot-out - and there is also 90% never loot there.

So I tell you all, why I also do this... - main reason is also K O S

Everytime I meet a survivor it was a fucker... - I pressed F2 for surrender - tell the guy I am friendly..

And these bastards everytime make instant kill...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Well.....running from berezino to the ship wreck and then change server and run back again (est. time: 1 hour with full sprint and searching, more if you encounter other people and prefer a save logout spot) is not what I would call "server hopping" well, maybe "soft hopping" or "sopping"...

"Normal" server hopping was:

- loot military buildings + tents at NWAF

- change server

- rinse, repeat.

"Extreme" server hopping was:

- Loot one military building at NWAF

- change server while in that building

- repeat

Regarding these things (that don't happen that often anymore thanks to logout/login timer), sopping isn't that horrible for me and I can live with that at the moment...

But...wait....wait....wait...here it comes:

It's an Alpha (I don't say that often, so forgive me for pointing that out ;)) and loot spawn is subject to change. And since respawning Zeds are already on their way to be implemented and Loot spawning is handled in the same way as Zed spawning...maybe...just maybe,it will change within the next month(s), finally away from "Respawn at server restart" to "No respawn at server restart but dynamically spwaning/respawning items".

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Best way to get the best loot is too simply set up at a spot hidden where people frequently visit. Clean headshots, else most of the gear will be ruined.

For instances, one spot I enjoy is a place you mentioned, the ship wreck. Many good sniping positions where you have good vantage points of anyone approaching there. And quick way down to loot bodies.

If you spawn near elektro, you can forget it. Going into town is always a waste of time.

Everytime you get into a shoot-out - and there is also 90% never loot there.

So I tell you all, why I also do this... - main reason is also K O S

Everytime I meet a survivor it was a fucker... - I pressed F2 for surrender - tell the guy I am friendly..

And these bastards everytime make instant kill...

Well, me and my mates have had so bad experiences with beein friendly, and I think there are many ppl like us, so that we decided to only be freindly to newspawns. Whenever there is some one wearing a waepon, we ask them exactly once to drop it and go to his knees. If he doesn't react we shoot.

Edited by exec85

Glitches/exploits is main problem not hoppers...

If you arent stupid you can easily to gear up in 1-2 server max 30 min. But most of ppl love to go to closest airfield and hop like mindless bitches. I know this because im wall glitcher now and im jumping in every server which got restarted. Saw so much shit.

Here a Tip for you - There are in cities(at same distance even closer than airfields or military bases) some buildings which gives 100% random gun from pistols to M4. And those buildings mostly never hopped/looted... Airfields and Bases you need just for m4 ammo and Vests if you have those..Dont go there now, even if u want pvp.

Well, me and my mates have had so bad experiences with beein friendly, and I think there are many ppl like us, so that we decided to only be freindly to newspawns. Whenever there is some one wearing a waepon, we ask them exactly once to drop it and go to his knees. If he doesn't react we shoot.

This is exactly how my friends and I play.  Players with a gun is almost going to be KoS, unless it's shouldered, while players with melee or bare hands we will approach with caution and attempt to help them any way we can but if we get no response.... well can't say I feel bad for the consequences. 

I normally go all the loot on the west side of the map. Balota > mill base > zleno > green moutain > other mill base > nw > change server > and do the whole lot in reverse

• Like 1

Trust me when I say this: "Combat Logging, Loot Hopping, Ghosting" are not the main problems during the test phase.

These are merely symptoms of far greater problems that need fixing, problems that need fixing before anyone even thinks this is a game worth releasing on the retail market.

Trust me when I say this: "Combat Logging, Loot Hopping, Ghosting" are not the main problems during the test phase.

These are merely symptoms of far greater problems that need fixing, problems that need fixing before anyone even thinks this is a game worth releasing on the retail market.

No. I mean I don't trust you. This is DayZ. And even worse, this is the DayZ forum. Hell, you aint gonna trust no one here.

And regarding "worth releasing on the retail market"...yeah. Because THAT's where the money will come from. Retail market. Steam and othe ronline buy options are so outdated man. And all these early alpha access games in the retail market. swamped. SWAMPED.

With that being ranted, since introduction of the login+logout timer I haven't been ghosted anymore nor heard from it happen. Combat logging is also a very very minor issue after the 30 secs timer. And Loot hopping...yeah....wait...I just quote myself:

But...wait....wait....wait...here it comes:

It's an Alpha (I don't say that often, so forgive me for pointing that out ;)) and loot spawn is subject to change. And since respawning Zeds are already on their way to be implemented and Loot spawning is handled in the same way as Zed spawning...maybe...just maybe,it will change within the next month(s), finally away from "Respawn at server restart" to "No respawn at server restart but dynamically spwaning/respawning items".

...because with dynamic respawning of Zeds and Loot (which IS a "far greater problem"), hopping will also reduce to a "normal" level I think...

Or did you mean any other "far greater problems" that you didn't care to explain? If so: Enlighten me please :)

This will be all sorted once devs figure how to implement loot / zombie respawn without it killing server FPS.

Once that is done, DayZ SA will take a huge leap forward in enjoyment! And yes, zombies should be hopefully polished soon atleast a bit, as not to glitch through walls and shit.

lost my character due to lag. Respawned. No problem, its the nature of the game.

Ran to berez: cleaned out. Not even rotten fruit. Just a ton of pants and batteries.

Eventually scraped together an improvised backpack, moto helmet (badly damaged), and a pipe wrench. Server restarted.

Great! ill just log back in, and have some fresh loo... *im in Kamyshovo, and a zombie is in my face. Now im bleeding. (hive didn't get the last 2 hours of character).

Logged out for a smoke break, came back, still bleeding, bandaged, ran to elektro instead. Again, totally cleaned out. EVERY door open. ZERO items (with the exception of blue jeans and batteries). I hoped to another server to see if I could get some better luck: NONE. 5 minutes later, in a different server, I manage to find a single black t-shirt and a badly damaged fire axe (axe was lucky find, clipped into the floor). Everything else? Gone. Just pants and batteries. Occasionally, a flash light.

I switch servers again. 5 minutes later, I get in, empty. No players, AND no loot. (every server up to this point has been 1 to 2 players population). Just batteries and pants. while running down the street, my game freezes for a second, then black screen "you are dead".

Character is reset, run back to elektro (different server), find it partially looted. Get myself a shotgun and 2 rounds, then killed by the only other player in the server because his lag was slightly less bad than mine (I died while he was behind a wall. Was going to round the wall and kill him, but just as I approached the corner BANGBANG, THEN he comes around the corner, I see his gun move from recoil, and THEN I died).

New spawn, new server, new 5 minute wait, I try berez again, and AGAIN, find NOTHING but pants and batteries. I cant even scrape together enough gear to make a trip inland. Cant find food, weapons, clothes (or any other storage). Its all gone because people are fucking hopping non stop.

FML. This morning has been an exercise in utter futility...

lwgnGo4.png

Yeah...don't go to Berez or electro O.o

Even if I don't have anything besides my starting equipment I take the first road away from the coast...(except I spawn near Solnichniy - then I head for the factory first ;))

On a more positive note, has anyone else noticed that certain areas are a little more "fleshed out"? I have noticed that some areas have new fences and objects. Example: berezino, by the schoolhouse, inside the industrial park by the coast, there are new fences and log piles. The whole area looks less empty now. Ive seen more examples of this elsewhere, where before there were just buildings, now there are new static objects in the world in some places that make the place feel less empty.

Anyone else?

Im going back to the game to try some more servers. Maybe ill break my streak of bad luck.

Timeouts helped a bit.

Complete revamp of loot, giving a balance of 5% / 95% for military / civilian, respectively, would benefit the whole scene imo.

Would ensure a time consuming trips and discourage the silly gun runs.

Fire fights would be more intense and prolonged.

This will be all sorted once devs figure how to implement loot / zombie respawn without it killing server FPS.

Once that is done, DayZ SA will take a huge leap forward in enjoyment! And yes, zombies should be hopefully polished soon atleast a bit, as not to glitch through walls and shit.

You saying you gonna have more enjoyment by having more zombies instead fixing wall/floors? A you serious? :D What a enjoyment than you gonna run from horde of zombies into building which dont have walls? What part of fun you gonna expierence than major community gonna use wall/floor glitch to take advantage of others? There do see fun here ???

I generally hit the inland COnstruction site then Polana and Dolina.  They do get hit often by new spawn, but you will often find enough stuff, plus water, and by the time you wrap up that loop, often times the servers will reset and you can make a grab.

There are times when loot is tough to find, but I don't really server hop at this point.  When first starting the game, it seems like the only way to play, but with death and resets so common, it is easier and more fun to make due and just play.  To me anyway.

You saying you gonna have more enjoyment by having more zombies instead fixing wall/floors? A you serious? :D What a enjoyment than you gonna run from horde of zombies into building which dont have walls? What part of fun you gonna expierence than major community gonna use wall/floor glitch to take advantage of others? There do see fun here ???

Dude wasn't this topic about server hopping and loot?

I'd say it is hence I mentioned what I did.