Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Does my character look friendly?

I'm friendly, so I gave myself a friendly appearance rather than all camo with a gas mask and an assault rifle.

I think it looks approachable; second opinions?

2014-02-09_00001_zps22a0270a.jpg

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 4

In my opinion, if you're going for a friendly approach, take the pants off. "Nobody wears them in Elektro"

• Like 6

Looks friendly enough for me.

What gun is that? The Izh? It looks odd in that picture.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. If you look carefully it's just a weird angle though. It looks like one of the barrels is under the other in the image.

Looks friendly enough for me.

What gun is that? The Izh? It looks odd in that picture.

I am holding the B95

I'd say you look relatively friendly, if you were carrying that rifle I'd either avoid or shoot at you though. 

I'd KoS if you weren't wearing pants. Usually it's a good sign that whoever that person is, they've either taken enough shit today, or they're silly billy's who'll try and punch me. 

• Like 1

I get shot at by civilian types all the time unfortunately.

Edited by Thane

you look more or less friendly, but still if i see you in any airfield i would KoS you :D like any other "friendly" player

Kudos for being a friendly player :D

The question of how to appear friendly and yet stay armed for safety has been bugging me as well. Sadly I've been shot dead by people fully armed as well as by people with nothing but the gun, and it's made me not trust anyone who visibly carries a weapon. I'm friendly as well, and these days I favor the magnum, which can be hidden under my clothes - that way I still look friendly, and if someone thinks it makes me an easy target I can pull out the gun and fire back. ;)

To me, you look like you are a bandit trying to look friendly so he can get the drop on unsuspecting people.

I think if you keep your gun on your back, and take your pants off, youll look more friendly. But if you want to look the most friendly, you should just carry a hidden pistol, and a medkit in your hands.

Edited by Ziggykong
  • Like 1

I'd say you look relatively friendly, if you were carrying that rifle I'd either avoid or shoot at you though. 

I'd KoS if you weren't wearing pants. Usually it's a good sign that whoever that person is, they've either taken enough shit today, or they're silly billy's who'll try and punch me. 

Beans for silly billy's

You're the type I rob.

You're the type I shoot

To me, you look like you are a bandit trying to look friendly so he can get the drop on unsuspecting people.

I'm actually friendly, as someone mentioned, I went for the "just a survivor" look instead of gas mask and assault rifle. (The bulletproof helmet was hard to pass on, though)

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

i think you look friendly.  I wouldn't trust you though, as trusting people in DayZ is difficult unless you are completely naked

i sometimes run around naked and with a gun so will you trust me :D? what chances are that some naked guy has loaded gun ? :D

Update: I have gloves, new shoes and a black vest. Still friendly?

2014-02-12_00001_zps71f6aa4b.jpg

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Your gun makes you look suspect.  Unless I had a rifle as well, I would keep my distance and just observe your actions.

youd look more friendly with a cowboy hat and a chest holster with 357 mag.. cause than you would be a good ol'e boy

Hmm that dark mexican skin you chose for your char would make me KoS you regardless of your outfit.

Hmm that dark mexican skin you chose for your char would make me KoS you regardless of your outfit.

Racist.   :emptycan:

• Like 1