piggypotpie

video adjustment?

It's odd. Every time a zombie attacks the graphics get a tad fuzzy after. All I have to do is hit esc, hit the video tab and the graphics are fine. Is this normal or is my old age showing?

Post processing in your video settings will disable the blur. But, the blur represents your health level. The blurrier it gets, the lower your heath is.

You are taking damage and probably not in a 'healthy' state. So, your health is getting lower and not regenerating. Hitting escape and video is just hiding the problem. Disabling post processing will hide it completely, but it will also remove the intended debilitating effects the developers have added.

It's a more difficult game if you lose your vision when injured, I chose to play that game, many do not. It's up to you how difficult you want it.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 2

It's odd. Every time a zombie attacks the graphics get a tad fuzzy after. All I have to do is hit esc, hit the video tab and the graphics are fine. Is this normal or is my old age showing?

It has to do with post-processing. If you have this enabled it causes your screen to blur as you become more and more unhealthy/injured.

As for hitting esc and entering video settings, my system does the same thing. It is probably a bug. It is convinient sometimes, if I am ever super blurry, i just esc->video->esc->esc and everything is clear again. Though it may be slightly bugged itself, because there are times i have full blood, full health, full everything, yet upon logging in my screen is fuzzy like i am looking through smoked glass... so the video trick has helped me a time or two.

I would suggest you always keep post processing on though, even if its just very low.

Edited by MrJoeDirty

Video setting in game? And I have perfect health. We'll fed and hydrated. I'm thinking it is the video config. Sorry I'm so computer illiterate thanks for the help

Video setting in game? And I have perfect health. We'll fed and hydrated. I'm thinking it is the video config. Sorry I'm so computer illiterate thanks for the help

While in game...

esc -> video settings -> rendering -> post processing

There you will have a few options.

As i said above, be sure to leave it on, even if it's on low. Disabling this will only give you like 1 fps boost, so its not worth the loss of emmersion in game...

Edited by MrJoeDirty
  • Like 3

I really hope they take the ability to turn PP off away.

The difference between off and very low, is next to nothing frame rate wise.

But the difference gameplay wise is huge and would consider it an exploit.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Turn off Post Processing. Despite what the guy above says, you can't enforce PP on people...it would just be wrong IMO. Some of us hate the blur (radial) and the blurriness. If you're complaining about it, think about gamma/night time....that needs to be hard locked more than PP

I can't stand the blur around the edge of the screen while running with PP on.  Even at the lowest setting it's distracting, somewhat disorienting, and also makes it significantly harder to scan my area for potential threats.  Is that realistic?  Well, yeah.  I can't see as well if I'm running as I can while standing still.  But some sacrifices have to be made in the "realism" department in order to facilitate enjoyable gameplay.  With PP on, I still feel like I'm playing a video game.  With it off, I feel slightly less nauseous while playing  a video game.

I have the same issue with the video getting fuzzy after being hit by a zombie,but also every time i join a server it is fuzzy and have to go into the video settings then it is good.I will check my settings and hopefully i can fix the issue with turning off post processing.