Sign in to follow this  
FollowNes

Hardcore Character keeps erasing

Hello all, so I've decided to create my first hardcore character on DayZ Standalone and I managed to get pretty good gear in Elektro. Eventually I had to sign off and later when I logged back in to join a Hardcore server, I was spawned at the coast again without my gear. I decided to run it again and managed to get pretty far. To test it out, I logged off and logged in again and as you probably guessed, my character was deleted yet again and I ended up spawning at the coast once more. Anyone having the same issue? Please help.

Are you logging out somewhere safe? If not, you're getting killed because of the new mechanic where your character stays on the server for thirty seconds, despite logging off.

Are you logging out somewhere safe? If not, you're getting killed because of the new mechanic where your character stays on the server for thirty seconds, despite logging off.

Initially I logged off on top of the hospital in Elektro. It seemed safe and the server just had a restart because only 4-5 people were in it. The second time I logged off in a bush so I guess maybe that wasn't so safe.

^ I'd say a bush is a WAY safer place to logout compared to the roof of an hospital in one of the crowdiest cities. A mosin with a long range scope could easily pick you off the roof. I personally always try to find a bush or a bushy tree in the forest to logout in.

I also had problems with my hardcore character. Yesterday I got killed in regular mode and started new in HC. After playing for a while I stopped for an hour and closed the game. When I came back and clicked "Play" I had a brand new char, all my progress was lost. Then I left the server and logged into a regular game and there was my former HC car as I left it! I then logged back to HC, again the blank char. After leaving again and relogging onto another HC server my old HC char (which in the meantime had entered a regular server) was back.

I had to do the same exercise again when I continued to play my HC char later, something does not work well. May be its due to the fact that I got killed in regular mode and didn't respawn so I didn't have any regular char at the time of entering the HC server.

Regards

Sven

The Vilayer and Gameservers hardcore servers are on the wrong hive(regular).  Any other servers are on the correct hive.  This may have something to do with you logging on to a fresh character.

I've had the same hardcore character for over 10 days now.

Stick to 'officially named servers'.  That was advice i saw and have used, never had a problem.

As already mentioned.. the hospital roof in Electro is just about the most dangerous place on the map to log off / in at.  

Thanks OR3GONIZ3D. I don't think I have been on one of these servers but if it applies to them it could also be the case for others... They did look like HC servers though. No 3rd person, quickly stuffed stomach etc...

Edited by Regular Guy