Sign in to follow this  
Dragor69

Is Spy Infiltration wrong ethics/cheating

Legit, the idea of throwing spies in to the mix along with heroes, bandits, medics, kos'ers ect, just adds to the game.

I personally think ...

... it's close to griefing / bad in this case. In this type of game or state of it, anyway. You can do it, but maybe you shouldn't. Maybe that's just my moral view. I say (well, write, but you get the idea) this because I (we) suffered from this already. And it is annoying. You think it's all fun if you don't get hit by it or if you do it, but picture the other side. It's still a game with real people.

"Well, if they don't get a spy is among them they deserve to die" - Easier said than suffered, really.

Try going on a witch hunt in a big to giant group. Would you tighten the rope and let all suffer for just one or a few bad apples? If this game was heavily resource based with terraforming and factions via gameplay, I could understand it to some extend. Even then it remains a highly questionable thing. You're essentially gaining the trust of people which you, in turn, fuck over. Metagaming basically. Dirty tactics. Call it whatever you like, it's nasty, no matter the success rate. You could destroy whole groups with it, it's not even fun anymore if you overdo it.

I just don't like it here or in the current state of the game anyway.

Edited by Combine

There are two layers of spying. If you do it completely in game, you are role playing a spy, I am completely fine with that, you are in a game.

However most groups don't work like that. They meet up on teamspeak and apply several meta-gaming aspects to the game, socializing besides that one piece of software. This is no longer part of the game, you are spying on real people here, no longer just on their avatars.

This is taking the game to a level I really dislike, it makes in game competition a real life competition. I play for fun, I want to kill people in game, I want to be able to completely fuck them over in game (or get completely fucked over), but I still want to be able to meet them afterwards and not be mad about it.

I am not sure if there really is a way to do spying that would be acceptable for me, using voice chat and telepatically telling your friends in teamspeak is too much meta.-gaming, too. Even though of course I use teamspeak myself, simply because of the better quality. I would even say it is nearly impossible to roleplay a spy without applying metagaming tactics.

Legit.

My own community had our DayZ discussions hidden in passworded sub-forums. If meta-gaming is allowed, meta-gaming is allowed.

It is valid.  Nothing really wrong with it, but it does create an unfortunate situation where it only further degrades people's desire to be friendly.

Its exploiting, but probably the least bad one, but still exploiting the game mechanics.  Not that i care. :P

Our governments and armies have spy agencies and tactics.  Why not use them here.
This just adds to my trust nobody anymore mentality.

I think its gonna be hilarious when they finally twig. Think.... they will all log in, your friend with them.....then he will wonder why they are all slowly forming a circle around him weapons raised chanting "WE KNOW!"  :D

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

Not impossible to stop it. Just make it a server option. If you have teamspeak running, you're unable to join the server that has  the option turned on. 

Any mic program such as teamspeak, ventrillo, skype, ext should be detected as a third party program (hack) and should crash/shutdown DayZ to desktop until you kiddies close those stupid fucking telepathy programs.

Add that to the game....  "You can't stop me, I'm the gingerbread man"!

Android anyone: TS for android? Ventrilo for android? Skype for android?  ;) 

No doubt, Apple have a version for their store too.

Adding those options in game is a waste of resources which would be better spent else where :)

-------

I think its gonna be hilarious when they finally twig. Think.... they will all log in, your friend with them.....then he will wonder why they are all slowly forming a circle around him weapons raised chanting "WE KNOW!"   :D

Indeed..  posting it on this forum isn't a wise idea either ;) 

Edited by jumling

I never fail to laugh at people who call VOIP software "cheating", when I can whisper or use a full range of hand signals in-game maybe I'll consider only using direct chat. 

• Like 1

If you're trying to use this tactic as a bambi hero/bandit eliminator you should use the following criteria:

• The group you're infiltrating has a proven and directly observed record of killing without cause (a charging bambi with fists out is just cause for self defense)
  • The spy that infiltrates can't directly KoS without just cause
  • Don't troll and Kos these players after their deaths unless they continue their devious ways after their respawn - a new life is a new chance.
  • If possible, tell the group that you killed them because you saw them Kos/torture/whatever. They should see that their actions cause an opposing reaction.
  • It's not necessary to ever reveal your spy

Solid tactic and I have no issue with it I wouldn't even be mad if it happened to me I would be impressed to even learn of it.

I am confused... You seem to convince yourself that what you do is ok because they kill bambi's who charge them with fists (which imo is a perfectly justified kill).  Based on your description the clan doesn't seem to be a freshspawn KoS killer group (well unless they are but you failed to mention).

imo you are playing like a douche, lower then even a bandit and a step below KOSer (cause they actually have to find people to kill).   Not only are you just going around killing people but then you are basically using wall hack cheat via your friend.

Now I could understand a bit more if your clans were warring or something interesting like that... but you are basically just trolling them for who knows what reason.

Don't try to convince us what you are doing is ok... Just admit you are a troll and just want to kill people, any people, by any means necessary.

Killing people is part of the game... but freaking trolling them multiple times is just douche.  What did they do kick you in your vagina? 

7596d1384417812-making-probe-help-triple

Somebody needs to make meme about the scumbag Dayz realist.  They condemn using TS as telepathy/ Uses third person to peek over walls.    

• Like 1

Any mic program such as teamspeak, ventrillo, skype, ext should be detected as a third party program (hack) and should crash/shutdown DayZ to desktop until you kiddies close those stupid fucking telepathy programs.

Edit: This is also a fucking zombie survival game, stop with all these military signal protection bullshit and stop watching so much TV.

demotivation.us_ARE-YOU-ALWAYS-THAT-STUP

Edit: This is also a fucking zombie survival game, stop with all these military signal protection bullshit and stop watching so much TV.

You do not deserve beans for this. 

3rd party comm is completely legit.  It's a video game.

I like the idea of spying others inside a clan, but it should be done within game's mechanics. At least, I would do it that way so that I could sleep with a clear conscience after digitally murdering people :P I put your TS spying in same box with stream sniping. It's lame. Effective, but lame.

So how would you TS haters view this situation:

Game drops me in kamy as a fresh spawn. Logged out fully geared in the woods south of svetlo to drop the kids off, come back and log in as a freshie. Nice. So I make that run- through elektro and cherno, all the way to balota.

along the way I meet up with some random dude. got a nicely kitted m4 with magpul parts and an acog- i havent seen a functional acog in many days- but I have no way to liberate it from him. oh well, been rolling with mosins for a while... my buddys on ts get wind of the situation and decide to help. they head southbound from where they are, in time to intercept.

i roll with unknown dude through elektro and cherno to balota. we stop along the way for food and water but very little else to be found. he isnt all that well geared, just that nice m4, so we agree to split the loot at balota. my buddy shows up outside the jail and camps. He knows who is who because I have been telling him on ts.

Unknown guy goes into the jail with me, and goes in the cell to loot. My buddy shoots him but doesnt kill. Guy gets up, bandages, and gets under the stairs. 

I tell my buddy on ts, of course. I tell random unknown guy im staying hidden since i have no weapons. Random guy decides to eat, at which point I tell my guy he's clear to come in.

I now have a sweet m4.

Dick move, or clever manipulation of a situation? Who cares, I got a weapon now :D

So how would you TS haters view this situation:

Game drops me in kamy as a fresh spawn. Logged out fully geared in the woods south of svetlo to drop the kids off, come back and log in as a freshie. Nice. So I make that run- through elektro and cherno, all the way to balota.

along the way I meet up with some random dude. got a nicely kitted m4 with magpul parts and an acog- i havent seen a functional acog in many days- but I have no way to liberate it from him. oh well, been rolling with mosins for a while... my buddys on ts get wind of the situation and decide to help. they head southbound from where they are, in time to intercept.

i roll with unknown dude through elektro and cherno to balota. we stop along the way for food and water but very little else to be found. he isnt all that well geared, just that nice m4, so we agree to split the loot at balota. my buddy shows up outside the jail and camps. He knows who is who because I have been telling him on ts.

Unknown guy goes into the jail with me, and goes in the cell to loot. My buddy shoots him but doesnt kill. Guy gets up, bandages, and gets under the stairs. 

I tell my buddy on ts, of course. I tell random unknown guy im staying hidden since i have no weapons. Random guy decides to eat, at which point I tell my guy he's clear to come in.

I now have a sweet m4.

Dick move, or clever manipulation of a situation? Who cares, I got a weapon now :D

Nice, i would have done the same :D

• Like 1

I personally have no issue with using TS.  Do I find it cheap and very nonstrategic?  Absolutely.  But hey, it's their so why not abuse it.  My friends and I use TS but we don't go joining up with random people just to give us an edge because that makes us really bad players who don't know how to play.