Egoballer06

Unsure of How I was killed

Hello all,

Long story short...

My friends and I login into a server looking to hunt some bandits. We are just hanging in a 3 story house at the bottom the hill in electro facing the school. We get shot at. A group surrounds our building. For almost 2 hours we hold down the building fighting off multiple assaults and attempts to get angles on us. However during the fight we kept getting hit from the weirdest angles, sitting in corners away from the windows. They attempt to ghost into our house, or atleast they were lagging so we didn't see them until they appeared right in front of us, however we were able to shoot them.

Finally we all die from either getting shot through the wall, or the other players were invisible, because we could not figure out any explanation. It seemed like they were right there with us but we couldn't see anything. It pissed us off.

My question is, does this player invisibility thing exist, or can bullets penetrate walls?.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Regards

Egoballer

Sorry to hear this. It may of just be stupid desync... It really ruins combat.. Someone may of looked around the corner shot you and then took cover and the desync may of not even aloud you to see it... 

• Like 1

I know that object penetration and terminal ballistics is implemented in the ArmA III engine, but I'm not sure if it is in DayZ or not.

Sounds like desync

or can bullets penetrate walls?

Yes. Bullets CAN penetrate walls. IRL and In Game.

Penetration in Arma2&3 depends on the caliber and velocity of the bullet but also depends on the material the wall is made of.

I'm not sure how much of this was brought into DayZ SA but I do know you can get shot through walls and floors.

Especially wooden ones.

Of course if they can't see you they don't know where to aim, but I was shot through the wall once because my breath gave away my position.

If you're near a wall, your breath fog will pass through the wall and someone outside can see where you are.

If you're right up against a wall, part of you might be sticking out the other side. Axe handles, knees and elbows and other parts often clip through walls and can be seen outside.

Of course if they have enough ammo they can just fill the whole house full of holes hoping to hit something.

Edited by Hutch

Ok thanks for the replies guys, yeah it was annoying the die like that I even heard them in the house talking after, my friend managed to wake up after being knocked out only to come down stairs and get shot from out of no where in the house.

Well if anyone else has something to comment please feel free to keep it going.

Regards,

Egoballer

You most likely popped through a wall (Like you were in a corner and your backpack or gun popped out) and they shot that. I know for a fact that's how I've killed some people. Or it was just DeSync

The random DeSync on all servers and for everyone is a game breaker for a lot of reasons. The op makes just a few of them obvious while dealing with the issue first hand. Happens a few times an hour on every server i have ever joined. I have noticed through rubberbanding it happens even when we dont see the warning or are even aware of it. 

Its always been a part of the arma engine. Arma is a great co-op engine. Or sp engine. Multi pvp has always been rough. DeSync is almost a sure thing. Knowing it 100% of the time is impossible.

And this really worries me with Rocket wanting to go to 100+ player servers. The engine can't even handle a 40 man server with all the desync

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

I was at firestation in electro and just died trying to open a door from inside. It didn't open so I went to the next one. Next thing it says is you are dead. What the hell LOL. I was just climbing he stairs prior to that too. So I m sure I fell. :/