Sign in to follow this  
scabtrod

Fewer Sewing Kits, Please!

Seriously, I'm tripping over them everywhere I go now. They should spawn a lot less frequently. Also it's annoying that they look like a case of bullets so you excitedly go to procure it only to see it's just another damn sewing kit. 

Don't get me wrong I like being able to repair my clothes, but they're EVERYWHERE. 

Every time they introduce a new object it gets an increased spawn rate than other objects so it can be properly tested. It will be lowered in future patches.

• Like 5

yeah, i walked into electro, opened a door to a building and FUCKING sewing kits just came spewing out of the door. dozens-nay-HUNDREDS of them. game crashed and my computer exploded

please reduce amount of sewing kits 

• Like 1

I haven't found one yet :( because the game lags very bad for me

• Like 1

Stop bitching. They need to test them. How can they test them if no one can find them? Once they make sure they work properly, they will lower the spawn rate. Just like every other item they introduce into the game

• Like 1

can sewing kits be used infinitely? I mean, they don't seem to deplete at all run out as you use them?

can sewing kits be used infinitely? I mean, they don't seem to deplete at all run out as you use them?

I used once a sewing kit to patch 3-4 clothes and as far as I remember it dropped to "damaged" from pristine, so I think they degrade with use.

yeah, i walked into electro, opened a door to a building and FUCKING sewing kits just came spewing out of the door. dozens-nay-HUNDREDS of them. game crashed and my computer exploded

please reduce amount of sewing kits 

I guess you got lucky when that happened to me some bastard had left them all open and I got 10,000 needles embedded in my body, spent the next 3 hours looking for enough shirt's to make rags, but I eventually died of blood loss...

Edited by Window Licker

Do they work, and if so what on? 

I've had hunter pants, raincoat, camo vest and hunter backpack all have had differing states of condition yet trying to apply the sewing kit I've been given the message that it can't repair them. This is on the experimental servers, btw.

Do they work, and if so what on? 

I've had hunter pants, raincoat, camo vest and hunter backpack all have had differing states of condition yet trying to apply the sewing kit I've been given the message that it can't repair them. This is on the experimental servers, btw.

They do work, but not on ruined clothing. I've used them to patch pants, beanies and jackets and they up the condition to Worn from damage/badly damaged. As far as I tried they don't work on camo vest , cowboy hats and backpacks.

Yeah, I can accept they won't work on backpacks and camo vests (although you could argue tears in backpacks as I've used thread in real life to repair mine!). However I tried to repair my hunter pants that were "damaged" and it just said it couldn't. Same for the raincoat, you would expect the rain coat to be repairable.

Totally agree regarding ruined, I never bothered trying with ruined gear.

On a side note, how does the weapon cleaning kit. I have an FNX that is showing as "worn". I used the weapon cleaning kit on it but it remained worn. I'm not expecting to go to pristine, but has it made any difference?

Every time they introduce a new object it gets an increased spawn rate than other objects so it can be properly tested. It will be lowered in future patches.

I really feel like this should be added to the intro disclaimer that no one reads, and come up in the server chat every 60 seconds on every server..

Also, at all times the screen should be bordered by the words "ALPHA!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!" in neon, headache inducing green. That should thoroughly satisfy just about everyone.