Sign in to follow this  
wuffi (DayZ)

The ruined food and water supply after beeing shot punishes the "victim"

I mean who doesn´t know the situation.

Out of sudden you hear a gunshot and soon you find yourself laying on the ground.

Sometimes (with extreme luck) you survive it and you are just critical wounded.

But before you thank god that you got away this time you will encounter a serious ploblem.

All the food and drinks you stored for a moment like this are gone :(

So you have to run around nearly "blind" looking for food.

(if you get hit in the woods this = death (it just will take a few minutes longer)

because it´s impossible to find enough food out there when you are as good as blind.

So whats the point in stocking up food when its gone the minute you really would need it?

They are stil developing this system, so wait in the future will get better

Edited by lets4dead

Don't travel alone. Your chances of survival increase when teaming up.

Also the food will only get damaged if the bullet hits the food.

Don't travel alone. Your chances of survival increase when teaming up.

Also the food will only get damaged if the bullet hits the food.

This equates to a single bullet damaging/ruining all the contents in whatever article of clothing has been hit.

I believe this system is still in progress.

Edited by TIC321

Don't stock up on food. Eat it.

RIght now I think hit detection and the whole item damage system is a bit strange. When this works properly, stuff will only break if you are hit in the place where it is stored.

And now that I think of it, I like the idea that being shot also is a risk for your equipment. The KOS bandit will not just have to worry about his shot ruining everything on his victim, but also his victim hitting him in the backpack and ruining all his epik lotz.

Here we have it again.

If life itself was worth something then you would be happy that you have chance to look for food after surviving heavy shooting.

But for now you are "fuck this fucking life, I see black and white grey, have no food, don't wanna loot again so I better kill myself".

• Like 1

It's WIP system, there's already a lot of talk from Dean about how the system is a bit overdone.

Here we have it again.

If life itself was worth something then you would be happy that you have chance to look for food after surviving heavy shooting.

But for now you are "fuck this fucking life, I see black and white grey, have no food, don't wanna loot again so I better kill myself".

Well as said i WOULD be happy if i had a REAL chance to survive this.

btw. i would have no problem if the supply in the area i was hit was destroyed.

But it looks like at the moment rifles shoot magical bullets that wander around your body searching  for bean cans and water.

the problem is outside of a town you have NO CHANCE to survive it!

Yes you do... eat up, don't be half-starving, maybe have some kind of ´´emergency kit´´ in a protector case...

You do have a chance to survive ´´it´´.

Yes you do... eat up, don't be half-starving, maybe have some kind of ´´emergency kit´´ in a protector case...

You do have a chance to survive ´´it´´.

Sorry but the so called "protector case" gets destroyed too.

I once survived a hit.

(but it was pure luck because the building i robbed in had lots of supplies)

But what has really anoyed me was the fact that this single bullet destroyed, my medi pack, morphine, 5 bean cans (i was loading up because i planned to take a long hike in the woods) my "protector case" and about 9 out of 10 drinks.

So the only thing that saved me was this building.

If i would have got hit somewhere else i would have had NO CHANCE to survive it.

Oh i have no problem with dying but if you give me the chance to survive it then at least

give me a real CHANCE!

Because if not whats the point of "surviving" the hit for 5 minutes when death is invitable anyway

because you don´t have the luck to get shot in a big city where not everything has allready be looted?